Animaniacs Forums

FOX (ended 1998)

Favorite Characters

  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [61]Jan 27, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    Lady_Celest wrote:
    Slappy....'nough said


    "And now, that's comedy!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lindsey090398

    Lindsey090398

    [62]Feb 2, 2007
    • member since: 01/28/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 163

    Wakko, Yakko and Dot

    Pinky and the Brain

    The Goodfeathers

    Rita and Runt

    Slappy and Skippy squrriel

    Baron Von Plotz and Thaddeus T. Guard

    Mindy and Buttons

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [63]Feb 4, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    Lindsey090398 wrote:

    Wakko, Yakko and Dot

    Pinky and the Brain

    The Goodfeathers

    Rita and Runt

    Slappy and Skippy squrriel

    Baron Von Plotz and Thaddeus T. Guard

    Mindy and Buttons



    Actually Thaddeus Plotz was the Baron & Ralph The Guard was the Constable.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marioman687

    marioman687

    [64]Mar 2, 2007
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 212
    Wakko, Yakko, Pinky, Brain, and last Dot!!!   Wakko rules!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [65]Mar 3, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    Yes, he does.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Simply_Ces

    Simply_Ces

    [66]Mar 4, 2007
    • member since: 05/18/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 454
    rapturerogue wrote:
    I love Yakko, Wakko & Dot and Slappy & Skippy!

    Ditto
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [67]Mar 5, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    Simply_Ces wrote:
    rapturerogue wrote:
    I love Yakko, Wakko & Dot and Slappy & Skippy!

    Ditto
    Likewise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfan64

    sfan64

    [68]Mar 16, 2007
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,490
    I love just about every character on this show!  The ones I REALLY like are: Yakko Warner, Wakko Warner, Dot Warner, Pinky, Brain, Slappy Squirrel, Buttons, Mindy, Rita, Runt, and Minerva Mink.  Those are the characters with the best cartoons on the show!  (Even though I do enjoy The Goodfeathers and The Hip Hippos cartoons, this is just my opinion. for a great show.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [69]Mar 16, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897

    Which is why it was/is awesome (just as were the other shows in my sig during that time period: Sonic "SatAM", MMPR, the Disney Afternoon program block, etc.)!

    Edited on 03/16/2007 9:43pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Solaris_Prime

    Solaris_Prime

    [70]Jul 26, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    MOI favorites were,
    Wakko
    Dot(I love it when somebody calls her Dottie and she threatens them XD )
    Katie Ka-Boom
    The Goodfeathers
    Rita and Runt
    Slappy and Skippy
    Chicken Boo
    Buttons and Mindy(Mister Man...)
    Pinky and the Brain
    And those Hippos
    The Mime
    Mr. Skullhead
    Well almost the whole cast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [71]Jul 26, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    Like I said...A! was one of those gems where even the lamest characters had their good qualities (refering to the Hippos, mainly).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfan64

    sfan64

    [72]Jul 26, 2007
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,490

    Solaris_Prime wrote:
    MOI favorites were, Wakko Dot(I love it when somebody calls her Dottie and she threatens them XD ) Katie Ka-Boom The Goodfeathers Rita and Runt Slappy and Skippy Chicken Boo Buttons and Mindy(Mister Man...) Pinky and the Brain And those Hippos The Mime Mr. Skullhead Well almost the whole cast.

    What about Minerva Mink? And by the way... Katie Ka-Boom SUCKS!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [73]Jul 27, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    sfan64 wrote:

    Solaris_Prime wrote:
    MOI favorites were, Wakko Dot(I love it when somebody calls her Dottie and she threatens them XD ) Katie Ka-Boom The Goodfeathers Rita and Runt Slappy and Skippy Chicken Boo Buttons and Mindy(Mister Man...) Pinky and the Brain And those Hippos The Mime Mr. Skullhead Well almost the whole cast.

    What about Minerva Mink? And by the way... Katie Ka-Boom SUCKS!!!

    Katie does NOT suck. Minerva was nice to look at sure, but remember, this show--though it eventually had a more adult audience--was first and foremost geared for children.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfan64

    sfan64

    [74]Jul 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,490
    wwfpooh wrote:
    sfan64 wrote:

    Solaris_Prime wrote:
    MOI favorites were, Wakko Dot(I love it when somebody calls her Dottie and she threatens them XD ) Katie Ka-Boom The Goodfeathers Rita and Runt Slappy and Skippy Chicken Boo Buttons and Mindy(Mister Man...) Pinky and the Brain And those Hippos The Mime Mr. Skullhead Well almost the whole cast.

    What about Minerva Mink? And by the way... Katie Ka-Boom SUCKS!!!

    Katie does NOT suck. Minerva was nice to look at sure, but remember, this show--though it eventually had a more adult audience--was first and foremost geared for children.

    Yes, she DOES suck; she used to scare me each time she turned into a monster (which was really unnessicary, since she's supposed to just blow up hence her name).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [75]Jul 28, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    sfan64 wrote:
    she used to scare me each time she turned into a monster


    That's sad. And not in the "feel sorry for you" way.

    :
    since she's supposed to just blow up hence her name


    She was only supposed to "blow up" figuratively (i.e. a figure of speech). She was basically every stereotypical teenager characterized via her "Hulk"-like transformations (because stereotypically teens back then did "blow up" at every little, trival thing [such as dating, zits, driving, etc.]).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfan64

    sfan64

    [76]Jul 28, 2007
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,490

    wwfpooh wrote:
    sfan64 wrote:
    she used to scare me each time she turned into a monster
    That's sad. And not in the "feel sorry for you" way.
    :
    since she's supposed to just blow up hence her name
    She was only supposed to "blow up" figuratively (i.e. a figure of speech). She was basically every stereotypical teenager characterized via her "Hulk"-like transformations (because stereotypically teens back then did "blow up" at every little, trival thing [such as dating, zits, driving, etc.]).

    Some help YOU are! Look all I'm saying is Katie Ka-Boom should have NEVER been an Animaniacs character because of what she's like (unlike Minerva, who's more character-like than she'll EVER be)! Worst...Character...Ever!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [77]Jul 29, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    sfan64 wrote:
    Some help YOU are! Look all I'm saying is Katie Ka-Boom should have NEVER been an Animaniacs character because of what she's like (unlike Minerva, who's more character-like than she'll EVER be)! Worst...Character...Ever!



    Oh yeah, a hormonally-imbalanced teenager with problems is not someone children & t'weens can NOT relate to......whereas a character only there for looks alone (and meant for us guys to go "ga ga" over) is perfect for a show whose demographic was supposed to intially be young children.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SR71halo

    SR71halo

    [78]Aug 1, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 543

    In no paticular order:

    Yakkao, Wakko, Dot, Pinky, the Brain, Rita, Runt, Slappy, and the Good Feathers.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfan64

    sfan64

    [79]Aug 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/20/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,490
    wwfpooh wrote:
    sfan64 wrote:
    Some help YOU are! Look all I'm saying is Katie Ka-Boom should have NEVER been an Animaniacs character because of what she's like (unlike Minerva, who's more character-like than she'll EVER be)! Worst...Character...Ever!

    Oh yeah, a hormonally-imbalanced teenager with problems is not someone children & t'weens can NOT relate to......whereas a character only there for looks alone (and meant for us guys to go "ga ga" over) is perfect for a show whose demographic was supposed to intially be young children.

    Solaris_Prime is the user that was supposed to respond, not you.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wwfpooh

    wwfpooh

    [80]Aug 2, 2007
    • member since: 05/09/04
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 52,897
    SR71halo wrote:

    In no paticular order:

    Yakkao, Wakko, Dot, Pinky, the Brain, Rita, Runt, Slappy, and the Good Feathers.

    My main faves would be the Warners, followed by Pinky & the Brain, then Rita and Runt, Katie Ka-Boom, Colin (aka the Randy Beaman Kid), and finally...

    The Fearsome Five: Frances "Pip" Pumphandle, Mr. Director (and his various incarnations), Baloney, Elmyra Duff, and Prunella Flundergust.

    FYI, I only listed the 'Fearsome Five' because they were the only five characters who could give the Warners a run for their money in terms of zany-ness.

    In fact, I kind of felt sorry for the Warner trio in having to deal with the 'Fearsome Five', because no one--in their right mind or in their not-so right mind--would want to be stuck with them! ^_^

    Edited on 08/02/2007 9:35am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.