We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Another World Forums

NBC (ended 1999)

Where are all the fans?

THEJELLYBEAN66

[1]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 17
    Okay.  Another World has been on SoapNet for some time now and nobody seems to post anything on the forums SO....as of tomorrow, I will be posting regularly as if the show was being first run.  Even if I am the only one posting, I will do it cuz I love this show and I've been to the forum on SoapNet and there are posters there!!!  I've entered a post asking them to please post here too!  I hope I don't "talk" to myself for too long...I've already got other issues as it is that I don't need "writes to herself" to be one of them!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marialiketv

[2]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    I am not able to get Soap Net right now, but I have watched some from You Tube.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[3]Jan 23, 2007
    Ugh! Sorry to hear you don't get SoapNet but I'm glad you posted!

funkie55102

[4]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    Anybody know where someone can get ahold of AW episode's on video/vhs tapes???.I use to have alot of the episode's on tape some were thrown out[without my knowing,until I wanted to watch them].The episode's I'm looking for is when Robin Christopher played Lorna [starting from her affair with Grant until she met Gabe,and some of Gabe/Lorna relationship,and the scenes leading up to her fight with Cindy in the harbor club].Thanks Any help would be GREAT.Tammy

funkie55102

[5]Feb 6, 2007
    Anybody know where someone can get ahold of AW episode's on video/vhs tapes???.I use to have alot of the episode's on tape some were thrown out[without my knowing,until I wanted to watch them].The episode's I'm looking for is when Robin Christopher played Lorna [starting from her affair with Grant until she met Gabe,and some of Gabe/Lorna relationship,and the scenes leading up to her fight with Cindy in the harbor club].Thanks Any help would be GREAT.Tammy

THEJELLYBEAN66

[6]Feb 13, 2007
    funkie55102 wrote:

Well, those episodes have not played yet on SoapNet; you might want to wait until they come around and re-tape. I know it's a long wait. A lot of people don't really come to this forum. I wish they did though.

mckenzie5555

[7]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    As I live in Ireland - we got to see Another World back in the middle 80's . I loved it, I even mitched school to watch it - Sky1 use to have it on around 2 ish, then they changed it to 12. As we didn't have a video at that stage - I wasn't going to miss out on it. But of course once my parents found out they bought a video recorder. I loved the 3 musketeers Caz, Felicia and Wally. And my favourite couple were Vicky Hudson - played by Anne Heche and Ryan (cop) - can't remember his real name. I would give anything to have those on dvd..Then around 1987 it was taken off, so I havn't seen it since, but I still remember it.

anyalauer

[8]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    I've been a fan of AW for as long as I can remember. Remember when Justine tried to smother Spencer with a pillow? Ryan was like "Yeah Dad. Here's a pillow." Some of the funniest tv moments ever. I realy miss Jake. I loved Carl-the way he called Donna "Bella". Grant was so evil! Love it!

AWLives

[9]Apr 19, 2007
    Is there any way of watching the episodes of Another World where SoapNet left off I'm HOOKED!

Patches756

[10]Apr 24, 2007
    Hello fellow fan:

check out the message boards on SoapNet.com under Another World, they don't run the soap, but the board, the fans and places to find out where and when it may come back for viewing can be found there.

I use to have a large collection, and I mean large, boxes and boxes of VHS tapes. I started packing to move and was persuaded to dump my collection and just keep a few of my favorite episodes. Unfortunately, all the tapes are gone now and SoapNet has stopped showing the show. I am trying to watch on AOL Video, it's not where I left off, but, it's the show still. AOL will be picking up where SoapNet left off, at least that is what I have heard.

I did find a source for some VHS tapes and DVDs, but, after sharing the source, they sold out. I may be able to get some this week. I stopped watching for several years, and when I discovered Soap Net had the show I upgraded my satellite plan just to get Soap Net to watch the show and now it's gone.

Had I known it was going off, I would have saved the last week.
    I have been watching it for the last few years now and miss it deeply.

I surf the net each evening looking for sources of Another World stuff.

If I can obtain some episodes I will let you know. I am trying to fill in the gaps of what I missed many years ago.

ElizabethDenson

[11]Apr 30, 2010

i have soapnet and i haven't seen another world on it at all, can you tell me if these are new

episode or repeats and can you tell me what time yours come on.
    elizabeth

cwarrenx33

[12]Jul 24, 2010

Unfortunately, from the comments here, it looks like Soapnet only ran these episodes in 2006, maybe part of 2007. I wish I had know then, I would have watched them.

Does anyone remember the episodes where Cass Winthrophad a teenage girl show up claiming to be his daughter? I had thought for a long time that she was played by Tracey Bregman, who now plays Lauren on Y&R. But now I'm starting to doubt that as a Soap Digest article says her first soap opera part was on Days of Our Lives and doesn't mention Another World. Does anyone know for sure?

battlegirldeb

[13]Sep 4, 2010

I have been a fan of Another World for a long time now .

Hulu.com has some of the show on now so if you been

missing the show you have to go and see It.

tcwjra

[14]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 22

Me too.