Another World

NBC (ended 1999)

Sherasbear

Another World Fan Reviews (15)

7.9
  • Daytime drama set in a fictional midwestern town, where we follow the lives of the wealthy Cory and Matthews families and their friends. The show ran until 1999, when it more or less sailed off into its own proverbial sunset.

I started watching Another World in the mid 1980s, when my grandmother moved in with us. I more or less grew up on soap operas. I think one of the things that I loved so much about that show is that there was an underlying humor in a lot of the plot lines. When the show lost some of their actors, they lovingly wrote it into the show. I cried along with the people on the show when they grieved for patriarch Mac Cory (played by Douglas Watson). I think my all time favorite couple of the 15+ years I watched the show was Cass Winthrop and Frankie Frame Wintrop, and it was a bittersweet ending of the show to have Frankie looking down on the remarriage of Cass to Lila. I was so excited when Soapnet picked up Another World, and even more excited when it picked it up from a few years afer I first started watching, right in the height of the Cory/Hudson/Frame/Winthrop excitement. I think Another World was definitely underrated in its day, and was a fun soap to watch!