TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations Forums

Travel Channel (ended 2012)

Where Should Tony Go?

danharr

[21]May 28, 2008
    • level: 45
    Has he been to Amsterdam? Since the show isn't just about cooking i'm sure that town can provide other cultural oddities to marvel at.........
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brandi1leigh

[22]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 62
    danharr wrote:
    Has he been to Amsterdam? Since the show isn't just about cooking i'm sure that town can provide other cultural oddities to marvel at.........

I really like that idea.

JoachimPeiper

[23]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 3

Tony should try to visit the Philippines. Since he will eat anything as long as its good, I think he will like it here. If Andrew Zimmern had a blast, I guess, so will he.

brandi1leigh

[24]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 62
    JoachimPeiper wrote:

Tony should try to visit the Philippines. Since he will eat anything as long as its good, I think he will like it here. If Andrew Zimmern had a blast, I guess, so will he.

I like Zimmern (obviously), but he's copied a lot from Tony. I'd love to see Tony go to the Philippines and see what he discovers.

JoachimPeiper

[25]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 3

I agree with you on Zimmern. though Tony maintains his uniqueness by being the not your typical tourist/traveller and I love it when he is in a bad @ss mood. I really enjoy when the two guys are together, recalled seeing an episode in New York. They are so alike yet still so diffrent! Its like the good cop and bad cop thing!

I hope he'd really include the country in his journeys soon. He would be surprised to find that the culinary scene here is not all about exotic foodstuffs. The food culture here, like the Filipino race, is like a melting pot. It is heavily influenced by centuries of Spanish, Chinese, Malay and Arab influences.

Dizzysteps2u

[26]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 7

Tony totally needs to come to Buffalo, NY!! We're such our own little unique world in terms of food, here.

Not to mention the fact that he seemed like he really wanted to come here when it was down to the 4 finalists for the contest! He even told Dania, that he was "this close" to going to Buffalo.

I happen to know the Buffalo enterant in the contest, and know that he is still lobbying for Anthony to come here. It would be entertaining to say the least...and hopefully shed some positive light on Buffalo and our culture as well!

nknh

[27]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    I'd like to see Tony in Mongolia or climb the Himalayas. Definitely episodes that could become the series' classics.

SsriTelQuessir

[28]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 26

The China episodes are among my favorit, particularly Shanghai to Yunnan. I laughed my ass off when he was on Yulong Xueshan and he got all punchy because of the oxygen deprivation. When I was there, I was halucinating that the people arround me were wearing tuxeods. As far as I can tell, he has not been to Chengdu or Xi'an; those would be very, very cool espisodes. Both cities have a specific style of cuisine and both cities have interesting cultures and histories. I'd like to hear his commentary.