Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

Pacific NW

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 15, 2007 on Travel Channel

• One of my favorites...

My favorite episodes are the ones where Tony visits a US destination. And, this episode is a perfect example of why I enjoy them so much.

Filled with Tony's quirky sense of humor, you really get a feeling for the people he meets, the food he eats, and the Pacific NW in general.

Tony's theme for this episode is obsession, and he does a good job of pulling it off throughout the episode. From the references to fight club to his endless search as to why the NW has such a foodie scene, Tony keeps searching and discovering interesting places and flavors.

Part of the fun of this episode is that the majority of the dishes Tony samples involve regular, everyday ingredients. They're just used in particularly different ways. For example bacon donuts, pop rocks in pie, etc. Of course, there are a few exotic ingredients, but would it really be a Tony show without some?

The people in this episode are really interesting. From chefs who reaffirm everything Tony's been saying for years to an underground mayor (who's a little creepy) to a foodie club that provides some of the funniest moments in the show's history.

Overall, I love this episode. It was a lot of fun and fun to watch!