Antiques Roadshow Forums

Monday 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

How do people get tickets to Antiques Roadshow?

Antique22

[1]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 11

My mother and I dream of someday seeing Antiques Roadshow in person and I'm curious to know how people get tickets to an Antiques Roadshow taping. I do know that PBS has a contest where tickets to Antiques Roadshow are raffled off and a random winner is chosen and I want to know if this is a true story or not. Because my mom entered several times to get tickets and so far no luck and yesterday all we got from Antiques Roadshow was a advertisement for the Antiques Roadshow magazine and their fan club. When Mom and I opened the envelope yesterday we were so shocked that there was nothing and what it sounded like to me was PBS scams people to get tickets to Antiques Roadshow,

What Do You Think?,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silvermoore

[2]Sep 3, 2009
    The tickets are drawn by lottery and are given away by PBS. You can't buy them. I think they have to be used by the person who put their name in for them plus their guest, meaning that you can't buy them from a scalper. I've been submitting my name to get tickets for the last four years and haven't gotten picked yet. I guess all I can do is keep putting my name in and hope my luck changes for the better! Good luck to you!

Antique22

[3]Sep 3, 2009
    silvermoore wrote:
    The tickets are drawn by lottery and are given away by PBS. You can't buy them. I think they have to be used by the person who put their name in for them plus their guest, meaning that you can't buy them from a scalper. I've been submitting my name to get tickets for the last four years and haven't gotten picked yet. I guess all I can do is keep putting my name in and hope my luck changes for the better! Good luck to you!
    Thanks Silver for the info,
    Tiki

Antique22

[4]Sep 6, 2009

One more thing I forgot to ask you SilverMoore. When you get tickets to Antiques Roadshow is there a rule that says that antiques are required to bring with you when you show up at an Antiques Roadshow taping or is it not really required?,

Tiki

Antique22

[5]May 10, 2010

I just found out another story from my mom about Antiques Roadshow tickets that she told me long ago and I want to know if this is a true story or not. According to my mother people who join PBS's pledge drives can also get Antiques Roadshow tickets for free just for joining and the only people who cannot apply for Antiques Roadshow tickets are PBS headquarters employees. Is this a true fact,

Tiki

Antique22

[6]Apr 1, 2011

I also found out another story from Mom today about Antiques Roadshow ticketholders and I want to know if this story is true? According to Mom people who have Antiques Roadshow tickets can also get involved in a meet-and-greet with Mark L Walberg for an autograph session that lasts for two to three minutes but Mark L Walberg does not allow Antiques Roadshow fans to talk to him. Is it because Antiques Roadshow has a rule that fans cannot use explicit language or profanity or is it because Mark is busy at the time and can't meet fans?,

Please figure this out for us,

Tiki