Apparitions

Episode One

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 13, 2008 on BBC

• Apparitions What a wonderful piece of psycho-religious-drama full of over the top kitsch and "meaningful" acting!

Apparitions

I have never been a follower of Martin Shaw but on this occasion I must say he and his team and to some extend the BBC for allowing the transmission of what could be construed as too near the knuckle for the religious fanatics of this country, have come up with a pearl of dark, evil, threatening, sinister and shadowy terror. And it seems to include repulsion boarding on delight, revulsion boarding on pleasure and disgust boarding on enchantment.

My only criticism is that the most beautiful of the member of cast is flagellated in the first episode having suffered from leprosy and the hypocrisy of the Roman Catholic Church! Poor Vimal played by Elyes Gabel should have been allowed to keep his skin on!

Episode two seemed to keep up the shock of it all to great effect.

Looking forward to how the rest of the last four episodes pan out. So far so good!

Marc Sinclair