Apparitions

Thursday 9:00 PM on BBC Premiered Nov 13, 2008 Between Seasons

Apparitions Fan Reviews (12)

• apparitions

where is season 2 loved it watched it 2 times consectively. want much more

• ahhhhh. really?

this shit pissed me off how are they gonna buold up what seemed to be an epic battale jkust to let it sizzle out in a pathetic poof of nothing what a joke!!!!!! really i waitsed six hours of my life watching this for that ending... Actually i enjoyed the show except for the end maybe they can bring it back with the excorcisim of the cardinal priest who was againsst jacob the entire time!
  • I love watching this so much

Will they make any more Episodes.. are there any more, please let me know. I already saw all 6 and I was glued to the tv.
  • The multi-faceted and extremely talented Martin Shaw does it again with his excellent portrayal as Father Jacob, a somewhat reluctant exorcist who bites off more than he can chew in this wonderful UK drama.

Father Jacob is a Catholic priest, getting on in years and having quite a few problems with the church hierarchy. When several people begin acting strangely and it is believed that the cause is demonic possession, the good father becomes embroiled in the rites of exorcism, encouraged by the chief exorcist who wants Father Jacob to succeed him in his role after his own death, which he believes is imminent. Father Jacob is extremely reticent about the idea but circumstances overwhelm him as more as more troubled and possessed people come into his life.

Eventually, aided by a reluctant nun, who clearly dislikes him, Father Jacob accepts that what he is being asked to do is what God wants from him, and so begins his journey into the darkness.

This excellent should not be missed by anyone who enjoys brilliant acting, a fast-paced script and the odd terryfying encounter with the forces of evil.
  • Handsomely produced religious hokum.

When I first heard about this show, the description seemed to promise a more modern approach to the age old church beliefs in miracles and demon possession. But it turned out to be the same old nonsense. Epic manichean struggle between God and Satan with people caught in the middle: it's a show that re-affirms for its audience the kind of hogwash that paranoid, delusional religious nutters have been freaking out about since the dark ages. Apparitions is well-acted and the production values are high, so if medieval hocus pocus in the modern age doesn't irritate you as much as it irritates me, then this is the show for you.
  • Apparition is a TV Show about Father Jacob who is one of the best exorcist.

He must fight with demons who possess his friend and other people.The power of the church makes many difficult for Father's work. Demons stir in his head, but Jacob has to undertake corect decisions despite the adversity.

This is very good story about goog and evil. All six episodes are connected with themselves and make fantastic story. Hope we can see next season in future, but last episode very good finishing all story.

You don't must belive in God, to watch this show. You can see how church can be active, how exorcisms work and see wonders.

I very like this show. If you did not see him,you should!
  • I really hope a second season for this.

Too bad the series only counts 6 episodes, i thought it was just a Christmas break. The ambiance of this show is fantastic and Martin Shaw really do an awesome job in his role. The other actors are also very credible. I'm not too much into religion, but i really appreciated the show, don't look at it because you're not specially a religious person would definitely be a mistake. I hope that a second season will become, the storyline they develloped until now has a lot of potential. The show is quite dark and creepy, what changes from the majority of current "supernatural-talking" shows. Really a good surprise.
  • Wow, I am totally hooked, This will be a instant hit in my opinion

Apparitions has me at the edge of my seat. Good vs evil, Gods messengers vs the devils servants ,faith questioned. I have meantioned this to all my friends. Kudos to the creators and writers. I pray :-) that this series last longer than one year and definatly longer than the normal 2 years for series that come out of England. 40 more words to go ha ha. I got a great one, how about a episode that bring back the holy war, a dream a vision, .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
  • Without a doubt the best series I've watched in the last 12 months.

Without a doubt the best series I've watched in the last 12 months. Great acting, fantastic story telling and believable plot. The first episode sets the pace and there after you are drawn in thinking "I'd better pray for our souls". If you like a series that gets you thinking then you wont be disappointed. My only negative comment is that I wish there were more episodes. And how cool is it that Martin Shaw is a "professional", kudos!

I prey this series continues.

I will be buying numerous copies of this series on DVD when it is released and giving as gifts, which is testament to how much I enjoyed watching this.

• Six part BBC supernatural drama.

Apparitions is a new drama that takes us on a terrifying journey into a world of possession and satanic conspiracy. All out war between good and evil is imminent and it's time to choose sides.

Martin Shaw stars as Father Jacob, a Roman Catholic priest who is working to promote candidates for sainthood but is drawn against his will into the world of exorcism. Defiantly want it to come back for a second season, lots of room for more great story lines. Described as the bloodiest drama on television???

Martin shaw is good, however the character of Michael is superb, very evil.
  • thoroughly enjoyable show. i certainly hope that they bring it back soon.

martin shaw plays father jacob, a priest of the catholic faith (specifically the congregation for the causes of saints), reluctantly entering the area dealing with exorcism. seemingly destined to become the exorcist most feared by the demons of hell, he is forced to become embroiled in their satanic plans against the grace of god. having to deal with various challenging and faith-testing ordeals drives him further into the role. all those people closely associated with him, particularly those that assist him become targets for the minions of the devil, and it becomes apparent that one of the strongest demons is insidiously arranging something to test father jacob to breaking point.

the cast are strong and the writing though low key is still powerful. the show pulls no punches when it comes to the things demons are willing to do for the furtherance of their master's infernal plan. without going into particularly graphic detail, such atrocities as rape, murder and pedophilia can be central themes, along with issues concerning abortions, concentration camps of WW2, et al.

As the name suggests, the main theme is about how possession manifests itself both internally and externally giving rise to a broad canvas and rich palette with which to paint the engrossing storyline.

initially the episodes seem to be almost stand alone in respect of the story, but as the series continues the central threads become more apparent and the the story arc reaches a climatic conclusion in the best traditions of the style.

the last things said did seem to indicate that a second series was at least a possibilty. let's hope so!
  • Outstanding new spooky drama. Prepare to have your goose bumps raised.

When I first saw this advertised I dismissed it, thinking my SKY+ schedule was busy enough as it was.

Then whilst sitting down on what was week 3, I caught 5 minutes of the show, and instantly tracked the previous shows on the beeb's iPlayer.

Apparitions, has a very strong cast of characters from the lead role of Martin Shaw who has a very powerful presence as Chief Exorcist, through to Michael, our misunderstood bad guy.

Good scripts, well put together, very enjoying and gripping.

I'm hoping the bbc commission a new, longer series of this show.

What with Survivors and this, are we seeing a return to proper scifi/fantasy drama other that DR WHO!