Aquaman (2006)

The CW (ended 2006)

Aquaman (2006) Fan Reviews (44)

• Awesome

I can't believe it, I enjoyed the first episode and went looking for the 2nd episode and found out that there isn't one, why do they do this to us??
  • episode good, should have made more episodes

Episode one of aquaman was awesome, but common you guys shouldn't have given up easily if the ratings of it was low so what you know the old saying "try try again" if you make another episode of aquaman you might get some higher ratings than last episode sowhy cancel it after one episode, you guys shouldn't give up that easily as my dad used to say "you can do better, all you have to do is keep on trying and you will be the greatest" So you guys should keep on trying till you realize it is worth it or not worth it
  • The CW's original spin on the legendary Aquaman and the city of Atlantis.

I got the pilot episode of Aquaman on DVD when I bought the second season of Smallville. Popped it into the DVD playr saw it and thought it was very original and fantastic... only thing is the CW never gave the show a chance.
    Aquaman had so much potential to be on TV Justin Hartley was awesome as Aquaman he had the part nailed. The plot was great for a pilot people disappearing and coming back years later as something different. And Arthur finding out he is Aquaman ruler of the lost city of Atlantis. Hopefully the CW realizes they had a good show and finally bring it to the TV.
  • It's a show about the beginnings of Aquaman! This show was made by the same creators of Smallville.

I think this show had a lot of potential. It only had a pilot episode (that you can only see online) but that was enough to convince me that this could've been a fantastic show. Justin Hartley who portrays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow on Smallville played the lead role of Arthur Curry/Aquaman and did a pretty dam good job. The CW never picked this show up and it really sucks but the only reason I can see why they didn't pick it up is because they had just merged (UPN and The WB) so they had twice as many shows and had to dump half of them to fit their TV schedule and probably didn't want to risk choosing something unfamiliar with no fan base yet. The special effects were amazing and it actually had a great plot and storyline. If you haven't watched the Pilot yet I suggest you do, because it's just incredible and if you're a Smallville or superhero fan you'll appreciate and enjoy this show too.
  • Aquaman is Great,... let's have it on our screens real soon.

Saw the 'awesome' pilot this had the makings of a great series but typically it wasn't picked up has a series,... what a real shame. Bring this back, C'mon this is a great extension to Smallville. They always get rid of the great shows like Tru Calling, Charmed, Beverly Hills 90210 and even Aquaman,...poor Aquaman, didn't even get a chance.

I repeat::
  • This show didn't get a chance.

It shocked me when I realized that this show was over before it began, I was pretty excited to see an Aqua man show because Aqua man is one of the heroes I don't know a lot a lot about, I would have liked to see his origins. And Justin Hartley was an excellent Green Arrow, I'm sure he would have done justice to the part of Aqua man, to bad we'll never have the chance to find out. They should give this show a second chance; I mean a chance to see what kind of following it has. Poor Aqua man we'll never know you.
  • OMG i think Aquaman would of been one of the best shows on TV!!!!! why did CW take it off air???? I think it could of been better then smallville and heroes!!!

OMG i think Aquaman would of been one of the best shows on TV!!!!!

why did CW take it off air????

I think it could of been better then smallville and heroes!!!

CW made the wrong by taking it off air!!!!!

as Aquaman has a big fan bass it would of been great if it would of veen aired!!!!! I think CW should give Aquaman a try and see what people think about it.

we all know that Aquaman wouldn't of been like another LOST coz LOST just lost the plot!!!!!! CW made the wrong move by taking it off air!!!!!

Anyways CW please brink back Aquaman!!!!
  • I found the pilot at a toyfair last year. I tought it was amazing and maybe it will come back. I think he makes a better Aquaman then GreenArrow.

I watched this show about two or four months ago. I forgot I even had it. But when I watched it I remembered that I probly would like it and I was right. Great show I like all the main people in it because. They were all good actors. and I knew I would like because its by the same people that made Smallville one of my favorite shows. It good because he didn't quite know he had all ablitys that he had. and if I remember rite they killed off the main girl in it which I tought kinda sucked. But I guess if it did get picked up it needed some kind of plot for a season.
  • the pilot was great, could've been longer given all the stuff that happened but it developed what wa looking like a great series

The pilot was rivotting! Vingh Rames got shot/stabbed in the legs w/ a harpoon AND WAS FINE!!, that says potential. Vingh Rames is hard core and bermuda triangle is mysterious and interesting. plenty of places to go w/ A FULL SEASON.---bring it back.It is pretty annoying that this review is required to be at least one hundred words long but i am just that dedicated to wasting my time trying to get aquaman on the air for a full season. There could also be a movie, given the popularity of Entourage on HBO and the whole aquaman movie plot there, thousands would see it (the show and/or the movie) just because of that. aquaman has a lot of promise especially if there are cool weapons and a lot of that underwater turbo swimming and mysterius bermuda triangle things happening. it would definitely be better than the bionic woman coming out or that is out that show looks like crap.
  • i liked it.if you are in that kind of stuffs,heroes.Its worth to watch.

I liked it.Seems pretty cool. and im sure there will be some orginal stuff.Actually,im fed up with the guys looking for the killer with the clues like bones or dna or something.lol.I liked the pilot. and will watch the other episodes.You should watch. it worths
    At least we can see some water....................Thats what i can see from 1 episode..ok ok ok ok ok o ko k ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok :)
  • excellent idea for a tv show.

From the producers of Smallville comes a new superhero for a small screen adaptation. This show could have been one of warner brothers' best tv shows if they didn't decide to cancel it. The pilot episode showed a lot of promise, just like smallville, it features a superhero with a down to earth feel to it. Instead of small town america, the setting is in the florida keys. Using the phenomenon that surrounds the bermuda triangle, it adds a much deeper layer into this famous superhero that's almost never explored in live action. This could have been a really good tv show, it's a shame warner brothers never saw it that way.
  • Aquaman was set to have his own show but....

Even though Aquaman is not the most known Superhero - I can't believe that this show was pulled. I managed to see the pilot episode and while it didn't scream at me initially I think that this show had oodles [Yes - I used the word oodles] of potential to be a really great show.

Given the popularity of Smallville and comic book heroes in general I think that this show should not have been cut at all.

The effects for the pilot easily competed with what's out at the moment and Justin Hartley (Green Arrow in Smallville) played the part well.

If you can acquire a copy of the pilot episode I recommend you watch it.
  • Shows' pilot is pretty awesome. Starting with a great START.

This show has potential. I think it's okay to call me a DC and MARVEL fan; AND by far, it's a pretty good start. They should so pick it up. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Justin Hartley plays the part well. I wasn't that big as an AQUAMAN fan but after this, I so am. HAHA. Really have so amazing potential and they should maybe pick it up for midseason if possible or when SMALLVILLE is on hiatus. Therefore we get twice as much of the GREEN ARROW because we don't see enough of him on SMALLVILLE. Let's cross our fingers. eek! SO EXCITED. Just hope the network don't put me down.
  • Too bad they only made a pilot. Aquaman could have been great.

I'm disappointed that this show wasn't given the opportunity to become a TV favorite. I think they gave up on this show too soon and this show could have had a lot of success. The pilot was interesting and I feel like they have a lot to work with. I also feel that there is a lot of interest in superhero type shows. Smallville is an awesome show and next month there's even going to be a show about Flash Gordon. The only positive I feel that came from not continuing this project was that Justin Hartley was then available to play Oliver Queen on Smallville whereas I'm pretty sure he would not have been able to had this show been picked up. I hope that this show is reconsidered, even though a lot of time has gone by since the pilot was created. It would be a shame not to give this show a chance.
  • It was a pretty good beginning....

It was a pretty good beginning, and showed promise. It definitely spark an interest in me to follow the show hence it was pretty sad when they decided not to pursue it. I wished they had given it an opportunity to grow and become a cult favourite. The effects was not bad for a pilot and the plot pretty amazing. I hope the powers that be will one day see the potential of this show and bring it back from the dead. I believe there is still time from mouth to mouth resuscitation :)
  • This show was great. Bring it back you could run it right after smallville has it's season finale Pleases bring it back. You no all the people that watch smallville will watch it.

This show was great. Bring it back you could run it right after smallville has it's season finale Pleases bring it back. You no all the people that watch smallville will watch it.Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Bring it back Loved the show Please Please
  • Great pilot. Could have been a great show.

The pilot episode was so good that I couldn't wait to watch the second episode. From expensive actors to expensive sets and special effects, this show was doomed from the beginning. Too bad they didn't give it a chance. I'm wasn't sure how I was going to react to the changing of the story but I guess I got over it with Smallville so I'm sure I would have gotten over it with Aquaman (Mercy Reef) as well. In my opinion they should have kept the Aquaman from Smallville and made this an official spin off. That way they could have had tie ends and ended Smallville but still had the character of Clark show up every once in a while.
  • Arthur "AC" Curry discovers special powers around water and begins investigating dissapearances in the Bermuda Triangle.

A great pilot like the Aquaman pilot definitely deserves its own tv show. The interesting character dynamics, and interesting plot make for a really impressive tv show that DESERVES more episodes! The mythology of Aquaman means that there is plenty of material. Exactly the same as Smallville, they can include the same villains from the Aquaman comics to make the show interesting to anyone. Judging from the pilot the actors really impress you with their realistic acting. I hope that they realise their mistake in cancelling Aquaman before its too late because this show definitely has a lot of potential.
  • Why take off a show that has a great pilot

When you make a show that has that great of a pilot why not make atleast 1 or 2 seasons? Why would warner brothers call this one off? This one single eppisode kept me on the edge of my seat. I was even lookin forward to seeing the rest of the season, because I actually believed that there would be a whole season. I couldnt believe it when i heard that the pilot was the first and the last eppisode of Aquaman.
    Come on it had great acting, a great plot that could turn into a great series, and Adventure.
    Why would they take a show off like that? Something that hasnt really been done like it before...
    I loved the show and I hope that one day they will bring it back, and I hope that fay comes ASAP
  • I loved the Pilot, loved Aquaman loved the Man from Atlantis....please please please make this into a series. Who wouldnt like scantily dressed men!!!!

I have been looking forward to this show for months and months and to watch it and then find out they are not making it into a series ...WHY NOT!!!!!!!This was brilliant.
    From the start is caught me....took a little time to get into the action, but that was only due to telling us all how he got to be who he is, but when it did it was fantastic...it really should have been a double pilot though..it just got good and it ended. The effects were great though..that siren was awesome
    I cannot understand why it didnt get picked up .....I really want to know if someone can explain it to me, why is it that they endorse the pilot, make it, then air it, then just wipe it off the face of the planet...........why?????sure to god the rating were not bad.....its about time we had a naughtical/marine type sci fi series on the Box.
    Please anyone in power make this into a series and make us all happy or sell it to another channel so that they can make it big.!!!!
  • The first spinoff show from Smallville

I had been looking forward to seeing this, since I first read that Aquaman was going to hopefully get his own series. Then I read that although the pilot had been made, Warner Bros had decided not to take up the concept and make it into a series. All I can say is Why? Why not a series, there was a dream cast, Lou Diamond Phillips as AC's adoptive father, Ving Rhames as the obligatory mysterious protector/mentor, and of course Justin Hartley as Arthur "AC" Curry/Aquaman. The whole episode was good looking, thanks to the Miami coastline, well acted and had enough plot lines and mysteries to keep it going for several seasons.

My only (very small)complaint is that the episode was too short, as there was enough plot to fill a two hour pilot.
  • BRING IT BACK OR SELL IT TO ANOTHER CHANNEL!!!

This show seems to be pretty good so just after watching the pilot I can only say:

BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!,BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!! ,BRING IT BACK!!! ,BRING IT BACK!!! ,BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!! ,BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT BACK!!!, BRING IT
    BACK NOW!!!
  • poo

I've been a Smallville fan for a few years now, and when i first heard about Aquaman, my first thought was YAY! How wrong i was. Before watching the pilot i expected a pilot similar to the one of Smallville- fast, intresting and very good. The Aquaman pilot was no of these- and i know many people will disagree with me, but in my opinion it was complete rubbish. Justin Hartley...? An actor? I thought this guy was some kinda of pop star. This show had bad acting and some very cheesy dialouge. At the start of the show we see AC get arrested- i thought this was some kind of joke. If you want a good Aquaman show go watch the old cartoon- twice as better!
  • Wow! How did they not continue this show?????

The pilot is so good. If any of you get a chance please go download the pilot off itunes. For the life of me I cant understand why they did not go on with this show. I think this show would of been way better than smallville which was great to begin with. The cast is unbelievable! Wow theres no telling how far this show could of went. Hopefully someone picks this up.
  • This show deserves a slot somewhere. I don't think I would be alone ready to tune for every episode.

When I first stumbled on Aquaman (or Mercy Reef whatever you want to call it.) I was just messing around on iTunes. Had been a long time fan of Smallville and Aquaman caught my interest. I had seen the Smallville episode that featured Aquaman and had enjoyed it but figured this would be fall flat as a spinoff attempt. Boy was I wrong instantly I was hooked, since I hadn't heard a ton about it I went online and to my dismay found that it had not been picked up for this season which was a supreme dissapoinment. Justin Hartley (A.C/Aquaman) was very engaging and quality aquaman. Ving Rhames (McCaffrey) was the perfect person to be Aquaman's mentor and teacher. I'll admit the girls in this show didn't dissapoint either. Adrianne Palicki (Siren) is hot as well as the two other non-motherly figures in Aquamans life played by Amber McDonald (Eva) and Denise Quiñones (Lt. Torres). All in all this show is definitly deserving of a shot somewhere even if it isn't the CW. I hope that a network realizes that its popularity on iTunes would most definitly carry over to a full TV series.
  • The pilot was very good.

I liked the pilot episode of Aquaman. The pilot was very good even though it was the only episode of Aquaman. I was hoping that the CW would pick up Aquaman when I heard about it, and I was annoyed that they chose not to for some reason. I do not think that the CW will choose to pick it up because, if they were going to pick it up they would have already but if they decide to pick it up I will be happy. I hope that the creators of Smallville will try to do another spin off of Smallville because that would be very good.
  • This show or Pilot seeig how it only had one episode follows the Life or few days of Arthur Curry an environmentalist who does everything in his power to save the creatures of the deep. Although with only one episode it is still worth seeing.

WOW!!!! I didn't see that coming, Canceling a show for no good reason. After purchasing the episode from itunes i have since watched it maybe 7 - 8 times. I still have the same feelings for this show as i did the first time i ever watched it. If it had been made available on DVD for only one day at one store i would have went and purchased it at the drop of the hat. Overall i think this show should have at least seen one season i would have liked to have seen 4-5 seasons more if it were good but i still can't get over the fact that it has been canceled i was hoping to see it on the mid-season replacement list but since Justin Hartley is playing a great Green Arrow on Smallville i would hate to lose that character however i think even in a few years i would like to see this show having always been a superhero fan.
  • this has huge Smallville potential, im not a big Aquaman fan, but i can see this show revving the Aquaman fan-wagon

good, funny, graphically up to par. i liked it. i thought the acting, characters and the local was excellent. and they want me to make this 100 words, so i'll keep writing BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!BRING IT BACK!
  • Pilot Episode

I really enjoyed this pilot. I downloaded it as many of did, the cast was cool the story was there but unfortunatly like so many other shows (Birds of Prey) and others (Firefly) just to name a few it was not given a chance by these robotic shove action down our throughts and screw the story networks. Anyways I\'m glad they brought the guy that played A.C. back as Green Arrow on Smallville. I mean please Al Cough and Miles Millar have done a tremendous job with Smallville. This is one of the few superhero seriesthat has lasted for six seasons, I mean let\'s be real how many super hero genres last on networks that long. Also their slated for a seventh season for the Kryptonian boyscout. That alone is a testament of why Cough and Millar should have been given a chance by the network. I still watch the series pilot to this day that\'s how much I liked it so WB or CW or whatever you call yourself I say this for all us geeks of the comics verse Bring Back Aquaman Bring Back Aquaman Bring Back Aquaman !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • They should bring it back and give it a try!

I had a small chance to see a bit of the episode "Mercy Reef" and I just love it. Justin Hartley plays Aquman to perfection and the episode was awesome. I just don't understand how could they give Smallville a chance and this show no. Both of them are really cool, and with the first episode I saw I think that this show will have been great, I really hope that the show manages to get over this cancellation state, rumor has it that it is possible that the CW picks it up as a mid term show, which will be cool to kill time while I wait for Smallville, or probably they'll air at the same time. The thing is that this show is cool, and I will like to at least give it a try to see if it is good enough for a complete season, even a second one...this show is pretty exciting...
< 1 2