Aquaman

CBS (ended 1968)

Aquaman Fan Reviews (6)

7.2
  • Aquaman was an old 60s show, It wasgood of course but its still old...

Usually when i watch shows from before i was born, especially ones this old, i try to look at it in a different point of view. This show is no exception. Sure its corny and weird, but still good. I find some of itspuns stupid and some amusing only because of how stupid they can be. Then again, all animated shows from back in the 60s and 70s had them. While i enjoy some of the plots quite a bit, some seem extremely dumb and repetitive. As for the villains they are fun, although someseem to have no otrue explanation. I have to say the ones that came from the comics are much better than ones who were made up, or ones without a name. Vassa, however is a cheap excuse for a female villain on the show, i believe.

As for the other cast they are good although aqualads a little too corny, even for the time.
  • it's really old.

it was a really good show when it came out. from time to time this show would come right along with superfriends. aquaman stands on its own. it's got a really good treatment for animation, but looking at it now, it looks really old. but it amazed me when i saw it when i was really young. now it doesn't impress me anymore with the old cartoon graphics. but it amazed me so much when i saw it. there were plenty of episodes with it, it seems over the top as cgi have changed the way people view shows and movies.
  • The waterborn superhero plays Ace to Aqualad's Gary. Mostly Harmless.

7.1
    Featuring the magnificent Ted Knight as narrator, how can you go wrong?

This show is on par with early SuperFriends and Fantastic Four in terms of production and superior to the Iron Man/Thor type "animated stills" type crud.

Call me crazy, but I've noticed a few veiled references, notably "The Crimson Monster from the Pink Pool"
  • Loved the pilot!

I'm dumb, posted to the wrong Aquaman :)

100 words? How does one delete a goof like mine?

As far as pilots go, one of the best I've seen. Almost like 2 hour feature film in 45 minutes without (somehow) being rushed.

I'm a fan of smallville, so I'm biased. I really enjoyed Smallville's AC who did an amazing job of creating a character in one episode that seemed like he'd existed for several seasons. Great acting. That said, I'm glad they went with a new actor since the show takes place long before that Smallville episode and I would've been comparing the two characters by the same actor the whole time.

The story seems deep and involved with lots of potential, so I hope some network picks it up!

Rating is based on my opinion of just the pilot for itself and compared to other pilots. Plus, my bias towards hoping the show gets picked up.
  • Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas, along with his faithful companion Aqualad, Tusky the walrus and their seahorses Storm and Imp, fights a never ending battle against the evil denizens of the deep.

Growing up, it wasn't always easy to find a hero, or role model I could relate to. Sure there was Superman, Batman, Spiderman and plenty more. The problem was they all had one thing in common that I didn't...dark hair. As a kid my hair was a very light blond, almost white. That left me with a total of three superheroes I could relate to Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Captain America. Once I had my first pair of Under-roos my decision was made, Aquaman was my favorite!

I actually grew up in the late 70's and early 80's so if not for reruns, and later video tape, I may never have seen my hero's adventures. Filmation's 36 episode animated series ran on Saturday mornings in 1966 and was originally partnered up with Superman, and later repackaged with Superman and Batman. One of the highlights, for me anyway, is the narration and voice acting by the late Ted Knight.

The show features several trends of the silver age comics, Aqualad the teen sidekick (and member of the original Teen Titans) the Aquacave, the Aquacomputer, and includes villans from the comic book like Black Manta and the Fisherman. The animation is the classic Filmation style, which admittedly often uses several differnet short cuts like re-using the same footage over and over again, or placing staionary figures over scrolling backgrounds to suggest movement. The stories are often short and to the point, the type children can easily comprehend...bad guy attacks innocent people, Aquaman answers the call for help, summons his underwater allies, and good triumphs over evil!

All in all, a nice series. Colorful animation, simple stories, and a great feeling of nostalgia.
  • Aquaman was the D.C.'s King Of The Seven Seas,and he along with Aqualad,his side kick.

A fun time for all,if you like the charecter you will love this cartoon,each cartoon I remember was somehow involved with the underwater world,not like Marvel's Submariner,who can have them on land.
    Based soley on the comic book charecters that D.C. had.
    A great if not wet time for all.