Archer Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

Skin Game ending (contains spoilers aplenty)

  • Avatar of Bamb0o-Stick

    Bamb0o-Stick

    [1]Mar 10, 2012
    • member since: 12/07/03
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 87

    I just wanted to start a post on how I raged over the ending to that episode. First I just wanted to say overall this episode was very VERY funny. The fact that ISIS and the KGB were starting to have a sort of "android arms race" was very clever in my opinion. The fact that the Americans had a Russian android and the Russians had an American one just made the irony all the more sweet.


    After watching "Crossing Over," I had the highest expectations for the last few episodes of this season. Things were building up against Archer and Barry, they've both lost something and have been screwed over (by each other) plenty. We are left wondering what happened to Jakov's last message to Archer, and what Archer will do following the events of his death. Instead, the start of this new episode skips past the whole "grieving" period, but gives us a nice surprise with Katya.


    Let me tell you how ecstatic I was -- an epic android faceoff against Barry and Katya. Finally some payback and things seemed to turn out that way. Then teh sexx happened. I wish I could describe my WTF reaction. It didn't make any sense. As funny and random it may have seemed, it felt like the writers decided to punch its viewers in the crotch with the explanation of why Katya went with Barry. The reason: just because they were both androids?? Really? Did the T-1000 and the T-800 fornicate and make-up after they found out they were both machines? The writers during the entire episode built around this idea that despite Katya's new body, Archer was willing to look past all of her inhuman qualities. In fact Archer wanted to MARRY HER. Are we also forgetting that Barry is bat-shit insane? He tried to kill Archer and has killed Katya. Did Kreigar cheap out on Katya's brain wiring?


    All I had wished at the end of that episode (with a random inexplicable and unfunny 'The Graduate' reference) was that after Archer had wished Katya and Barry a happy life, he managed to steal Katya's detachable vagina. I would've been like "hey, yeah sure I'll wish you guys a happy life, but I'll find a way to cope with your detachable, vibrating vagina."

    Edited on 03/10/2012 9:38pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FenrirReverie

    FenrirReverie

    [2]Mar 11, 2012
    • member since: 11/20/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 47
    OMG, the ending you suggested would have been hilarious!!

    I didn't understand the graduate reference too. Did someone get it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bamb0o-Stick

    Bamb0o-Stick

    [3]Mar 11, 2012
    • member since: 12/07/03
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 87
    I know that the ending to The Graduate represented two young teens who finally have their lives open to them. The camera shows their faces looking ahead, we cannot see where they are heading, and their facial expressions don't give much of a hint as to what they are thinking. The two characters belonged together, and they are finally untethered by people who want to control their fate. How this applies to Barry and Katya I have no idea. It just makes me more angry at where the ending went, it just didn't make any sense to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [4]Mar 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    Great episode all around. My only thought was: why were the androids BOTH sad at the end? Katya I could understand, by Barry?


    As for why they hooked up, it wasn't that far fetched. Barry was on her level, as she described: their fight was like a dance. They didn't have to hold back, and in the end no harm done. So they could pound on each other (phrasing) as much as they want without having to worry about stopping.


    Meanwhile she probably has to treat Archer like he's made out of glass.


    Though no matter how you cut it, she was still with the guy that (essentially) killed her... THAT alone should've acted like a cold shower. So at first I thought the episode was going to end with her admitting she only did it to save him from Barry but instead we got both of them just acting sad.



    I feel bad for Archer, he Barry and Archer are both jerks but Barry's actions are specifically about being mean while Archer was just him being stupid. Also, Archer's last "drop" was about saving one of their lives instead of both of them dying so he shouldn't be ticked at that.


    Finally, Barry has (kind of) killed two people that Archer cared about... Jakov (not the father) and (kind of) Katya. Barry also supposedly killed his own ex-fiance, but we never saw it happen on camera.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hamstrman

    hamstrman

    [5]Mar 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 138

    Bamb0o-Stick wrote:


    All I had wished at the end of that episode (with a random inexplicable and unfunny 'The Graduate' reference) was that after Archer had wished Katya and Barry a happy life, he managed to steal Katya's detachable vagina. I would've been like "hey, yeah sure I'll wish you guys a happy life, but I'll find a way to cope with your detachable, vibrating vagina."



    OK, 1) Bamb0o-Stick, I too love this idea you've come up with and it would've been fantastic.



    kanniballl wrote:


    Great episode all around. My only thought was: why were the androids BOTH sad at the end? Katya I could understand, by Barry?


    As for why they hooked up, it wasn't that far fetched. Barry was on her level, as she described: their fight was like a dance. They didn't have to hold back, and in the end no harm done. So they could pound on each other (phrasing) as much as they want without having to worry about stopping.


    Meanwhile she probably has to treat Archer like he's made out of glass.


    Though no matter how you cut it, she was still with the guy that (essentially) killed her... THAT alone should've acted like a cold shower. So at first I thought the episode was going to end with her admitting she only did it to save him from Barry but instead we got both of them just acting sad.




    2) kanniballl, on your first point, Barry has had every woman he ever wanted (either as a sexual object or was in love with) taken from him by Archer, setting aside in this discussion the other ways that Archer has ruined his life. You kind of answer your first question with your second point: I don't think Barry was sad, I think he was just a little freaked to finally have someone who was his equal. Kind of overwhelming for him. Just a thought.



    3) And I'm totally on board with your comments about the bionic sex. It's like all the hysterical comments on the Smallville board about how Clark was always afraid to crush any girl's pelvis if he screwed her.



    4) Lastly, your point about Barry killing Katya and her not being in any way upset about her human self being killed by him... Is anyone thinking that leading into this two-part finale, that maybe she's playing Barry? Barry gets screwed (phrasing) every time. Personally, I think she's making him feel like he's won. She goes home with him to KGB headquarters... Hell, Krieger could be in on it. She could transmit data back to ISIS.


    People too often rush to judgment at the end of a single episode (I frequent the Supernatural board, so I know how bad it can get) only to find out the writers could have bigger plans and they're keeping us in the dark. I hope that's the case. Either way, very cool. And yeah, I definitely want something to come of the cassette tape.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [6]Nov 28, 2012
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312

    hamstrman wrote:




    kanniballl wrote:


    Great episode all around. My only thought was: why were the androids BOTH sad at the end? Katya I could understand, by Barry?


    As for why they hooked up, it wasn't that far fetched. Barry was on her level, as she described: their fight was like a dance. They didn't have to hold back, and in the end no harm done. So they could pound on each other (phrasing) as much as they want without having to worry about stopping.


    Meanwhile she probably has to treat Archer like he's made out of glass.


    Though no matter how you cut it, she was still with the guy that (essentially) killed her... THAT alone should've acted like a cold shower. So at first I thought the episode was going to end with her admitting she only did it to save him from Barry but instead we got both of them just acting sad.




    2) kanniballl, on your first point, Barry has had every woman he ever wanted (either as a sexual object or was in love with) taken from him by Archer, setting aside in this discussion the other ways that Archer has ruined his life. You kind of answer your first question with your second point: I don't think Barry was sad, I think he was just a little freaked to finally have someone who was his equal. Kind of overwhelming for him. Just a thought.







    Meh, my first question wasn't "why did they bang" but "why were the frowning on the bus" As you stated, my second paragraph explained why I figured they banged.


    As mentioned: Katya was probably sad because she still loved Sterling so frowning as they drove away made sense.


    But Barry? He just got the one up on Archer (again), stole his girl (for once), and banged a hot woman who was every was his equal (save insanity).


    As you suggest, perhaps he was just overwhelmed to have someone be his equal now. He was no longer the strongest being on the planet, he was kind of tied for first. But still...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.