Are You Afraid of the Dark? Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2000)

"On the fire" controversy answer inside

englundisgod

[1]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 1

hi guys im new here and ive been in the special efx and prop reproduction background for about 6-7 years.I sculpt/cast/paint and design my own masks and costumes in my spare time.I am also doing the effects for an independant film in the fall. The reason i tell you this is I am aware of the powder used on the fire. People say salt this is somewhat correct, although salt doesnt combust or give any reaction it will put out the fire.The coloured powder that make-fire change colour at walmart?? no because that takes 1-4 minutes to make a reaction

the actual stuff used on the fire is called "salt peter" of Kn03 or potassium nitrate. This is what is used for making smoke bombs. This powder will combust exactly as it did on the show. This is used commercially in the industry for explosions pyrotechnics use it you can make smoke bombs from it. Or mix sugar with it and put it on the stove until the sugar caremelized and turns brown. This will make a brown paste which can be shaped like cookie dough, and when lit it releases extreme ammounts of safe smoke. you guys have to trust me ive used this product for many years here is some demonstrations so you can compare it to the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThV7HiaydI

this is what happens when the sugar carmelizes in a smoke bomb usually it burns red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEivP6jmH7s&mode=related&search if i purchase more anytime ill make a vid on youtube and throw a handful on a fire for the are you afraid of the dark midnight society. Hopefully ill be posting here alot im a huge fan of the show and have been coming here as a guest for a long time

- Aaron

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

englundisgod

[2]Aug 9, 2007
    hello?? can anyone see this topic i dont know if im having problems or not?

- Aaron

carmellaina

[3]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 10

pshh, we can see it

except most people like me, don't care about it.

englundisgod

[4]Aug 12, 2007

ok then? im just glad i have been having alot of comp problems lately

- Aaron