Are You Afraid of the Dark?

The Tale of the Prom Queen

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Nov 07, 1992 on Nickelodeon

• Still of the Night

This episode I honestly felt was the one that got the ball rolling and I remember as a kid having a slight crush on the actress that played the female protagonist ironically since it was played by Katie Griffin who did the voice of Rei Hino/Sailor Mars in the english dub of "Sailor Moon" but that fact asside this episode is one of my favorates.
    The story had three things that made it strong. One, there is no evil involved which I feel is kinda a breath of fresh air since one too many horror stories involve a force of evil. Two, it's a thought provoking mystery and suspenseful sort of like a Hardy Boys/Kochak: The Night Stalker episode, we can't help but participate or feel slightly involved in the gang's frantic detective work while constantly looking over our sholder, a creepy moment had to be the car underwater, you weren't exactly sure if it was going to come out or not. Three, it's also a sweet love story about lost love. Although I'll admit though if your smart enough you might be able to figure it out a lot sooner, I actually had the feeling there was an unusal connection between both the girl as well as this ghost story, after all you wonder what her reasons for going to the cemetary are. But whether you figure it out sooner or not doesn't really matter it what you see and feel that counts the most.