Are You Afraid of the Dark?

The Tale of the Quicksilver

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Unknown on Nickelodeon

• This episode could have been riddled with cliches and pointless scares. Could have. We actually have an absorbing tale of two brothers fighting against a terrifying poltergeist with the help of a good one.

This episode could have been lacklusture. A "we moved into a scary house and now there's a ghost." yarn which would have sent most of us nodding off.
    This story is different. We have two ghosts, an evil one that's guaranteed to scare you, and a good one whose desperate to save the boys from her fate. We have a budding romance, feuding brothers and the difference between silver and steel.
    The plot istelf revolves around new-to-town brothers who find there house is haunted by a truly creepy ghost. The older brother discovers that another girl died there because of the ghost, which turns out to be his school chums dead twin sister.
    There's plenty of action and fun, even though the brothers could have been, well, a little less 2-D. Feuding brothers? We've got Gary and Tucker for that, thank you.