Are You Afraid of the Dark?

The Tale of the Wisdom Glass

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Apr 03, 1999 on Nickelodeon

7.3
  • A rich kid steals a game by accident and blames it on the poor kid then they are to pay the price. A twist at the end is so weird.

At first Allan, the pretty boy (obvious by what he's wearing) wants to find friends, sees Jimmy at a store. Jimmy is judged as a person whom you can't trust at all. Goodness, I at first thought that the computer just ran out of power and then it screwed up. Friendship is put to the test when Allan blames Jimmy for stealing the game. then at the car, Trevor tells him that Jimmy got the tickets to go to a hockey game tonight. This showed what friendship really was about. Allan goes and learns what Wisdom is all about. The Court Jester breaks the glass and then we find out that Judge Day is Trevor. Oh my goodness, the ending was so AWKWARD. Quinn's stories are a bit twisted although I still liked vampire town.
  • A bratty rich kid, seemingly desperate for friends, defends a poor boy against a greedy video game salesman. When he accidentally steals a game called "Wisdom," he ends up learning that a friend, not money, is the most importantly thing he could have.

7.6
    I really have mixed feelings about this episode. The sets, costumes, and characters made for a lush, carnival of vivid color, and at times it was outright funny. The unexpected ending was great also. But, the premises and the overly fanfarish nature of this made it seem really silly at times. Execution for stealing a game? The Wisdom game world and the price the kids must pay for stealing it is a bit stiff. But, I suppose that is one of the two morals approached in this episode. One being: do not steal, and two: learn to value friendship.