Are You Being Served? Forums

BBC (ended 1985)

Favorite character?

WinxClubRulz

[21]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    zookeeper33 wrote:
    Miss Brahms voice got on my nerves & her accent was so thick I often had a hard time understanding her. My son's favorite character is Mr. Harman. I would have to say mine is Mr. Humphries followed by Mr. Lucas. I got a kick out of Mr. Rumbolt as well. When he played Humpty Dumpty (don't remember the title of the episode) he fit the character perfectly....those ears just crack me up.

I thought Mr Rumbolt was silly and i never really liked his character as he always seemed to get on my nerves. The ears do crack me up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WinxClubRulz

[22]Jan 28, 2007
    zookeeper33 wrote:

Ironically, that very episode is on right now. Its young Mr. Grace's birthday, & they all dress up as toys,Miss Brahms = Miss Muffet, Mr. Lucas= Little Boy Blue, Mrs. Slocombe= a baby doll, Captain Peacock= toy soldier, Mr. Humphries= the fairy Prince/Producer of the play which they put on & Mr. Rumbolt= Humpty Dumpty. This was one of my favorite episodes.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Mr. Tebbs plays a teddy bear

Mrs Slocombe scared me in her outfit. It was funny and Mr Humphries was hilarous.

ramartin25

[23]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    Mr Lucas and Mr.  Humphries are my favorites. The way they interact was great.

Maisy13

[24]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 17
    Let's see,  I didn't dislike any of them, but a favorite it kinda hard. Um. I guess it will have to be Mr. Humphries.
    Edited on 03/09/2007 8:31am

knjwright

[25]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    my favorite is ms.Slocom

sanna_o75

[26]Jul 8, 2007
    I just started watching. I'm in the 5th season right now. My favorite is Mr. Humphries

WinxClubRulz

[27]Dec 8, 2008

Mr Humphries, then Mrs Slocombe (and her cat- stupid censorship wont let me call it the p word), then mr lucas (mr spooner was not even in the same league), mr granger (tho mr goldberg and his 'war truths about the captain were a highlight). Young Mr Grace was a real laugh, and so was mr rumbholt (sorry if i mis spelt it). Mrs Braham was alright, i found captain peacook funny but personnally hated the character alot (he was always such a ninny). But looking back i think all the character's were pretty funny and worked well together and thats probably why the show was as successful as it was. Anyways and Mr Teddy (or whatever) he was alright but wasnt really on for long enought too get use to him- i think they tried to replace granger with a similar character and it didnt work (or somethin).

Hah Hah - didnt actually realise id already posted on this thread along time ago- ha ha such a me thing to do. lol

Edited on 12/08/2008 5:45am

archangelwho

[28]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 18
    If I had to pick one it would be Mr. Humphries but how can you pick him and not Mr. Lucas? They were a great team and played off each other so well.

rb1962

[29]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    I've grown tired of Mr Humphries, whose jokes are so predictable and always executed in the same way. Mr Lucas usually has to look whether the camera is on him before he says anything. No, my favourite has to be Mrs Slocombe. The way Mollie Sugden delivered those lines was always spot on. Not only was her timing right, she could change the tone in the middle of a line, always surprising the viewer. What completely amazes me, is that she kept making those juvenile cat jokes without cracking up or showing annoyance. Yes, it's Mollie Sugden's performance that made Mrs Slocombe such a classic character.

emltvcom

[30]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 2
    John Inman

archangelwho

[31]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 18

WinxClubRulz wrote:
    zookeeper33 wrote:
    Miss Brahms voice got on my nerves & her accent was so thick I often had a hard time understanding her. My son's favorite character is Mr. Harman. I would have to say mine is Mr. Humphries followed by Mr. Lucas. I got a kick out of Mr. Rumbolt as well. When he played Humpty Dumpty (don't remember the title of the episode) he fit the character perfectly....those ears just crack me up.
    I thought Mr Rumbolt was silly and i never really liked his character as he always seemed to get on my nerves. The ears do crack me up.

Check out Nicholas Smith as Wells in the Doctor Who story "The Dalek Invasion of Earth". Also he does a great interview on the DVD extras.