Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Episode 101A

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 27, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • My New Best Friend!

This is a great time for the show to come out. Right after American Idol. Perfect host in Jeff Foxwrthy too. The fifth graders give the reality show what others would never have thought of. The kid's are almost always right too. THe questions are at the fifth grade level but are so unimportnt that most people don't remeber it or never learned it. There are some questions that are easy and you wonder how the contestant got it wrong too. The fifth graders that are there are ok at tmes but trhey laugh at everythingand are annoying and it gets old kind of fast sometimes. The show is addicting though so I'll stay tuned.
  • The concept is interesting, the kids are smart, but the show moves too slow.

I've been a fan of Jeff Foxworthy for a long time. From his comedy tour to his TV show to the Blue Collar Comedy tour, Jeff Foxworthy reveals the dumber side of America. He makes us laugh at ourselves because his comedy hits close to home. His new show, "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" is perfect for him. It fits him like a glove. I found the idea great, the kids knew their material, and on paper, this show should work. What Mark Burnett needs to do to take this show to the next level is speed it up. The show moves excruciatingly slow. In the first 1/2 hour episode, there were only 6 questions asked.

All in all, I can't wait for the next episode. Hopefully it will get better.