Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Episode 101B

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 28, 2007 on FOX

7.7
  • Reality show same as the first episode but the show itself is good so good episode.

Ok so 5 fifth graders + 1 adult + Jeff Foxworthy = Grat Fox Reality show. Yep they took Reality and flipped it inside out for the second episode of the series it was played the exact same way this time the adult actually answered a question on her own. The kids were once again completely ready for the questions while once more the adult contestant looked into the television camera and said, "I am not smarter than a fifth grader". I also thought the theme song was catchy not the ABC easy as 123 one that it plays sometimes but the Are you smarter than a fifth grader, pull out a pen and a piece of paper or whatever the lyrics are. Another good episode though.
  • 2nd show better than the first due to more drama.

I tuned in to tonight's episode anxiously waiting to see if the show would improve on last night's poor showing. I came away with mixed emotions. Pace wise there was no improvement as once again, only 6 questions were asked during the whole 30 minutes. However, the drama was increased due to the good job that Lakisha did in walking away with $100,000. She probably would have gotten the $175,000 question correct but decided not to risk her winnings. Quite understandable given the pressure to perform in front of 5th graders. Things I like:

The fact that you are guaranteed $25,000 if you can get to that level. The questions. I like being forced to recall things I learned a long time ago.

Things I don't like:

The editing of the kids attitudes. I'm not sure if they were actual or just the editing but when Lakisha was trying to decide on her final question, the kids were portrayed as rude. All this written, I will be tuning in for the 3rd episode which will be a full hour, the first of this year.