Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Episode 103

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 08, 2007 on FOX

• Another good show. I'll keep tuning in. It could be a little faster moving though.

I joined Jeff Foxworthy and the class again last night after American Idol ended. The show was good but there were alot of things on that night. It was also to slow moving with a commercial everry two questions. The contestaynts weren't helping either as they would just stand there and laugh at themselves for 5 minutes before they answered or used a cheat. As the show has been going on I have been getting more right so maybe I am smarter than a fifth grader. Anyways the show was good besides this the contestants are okay and normal for some and completely annoying for the other. Stay tuned next week for the rest of the second person of this episode's game. I think he has like 3 questions left.
  • Not as enjoyable as last week

I tuned in this week hoping that the improvements, I felt were made during the last episode would continue. Boy, was I wrong. I felt that Jeff Foxworthy forced his comedy all night long. Also, the kids were made to be dramatic enforcing a lot of people's belief that this show is staged. The one thing I saw is that the questions were harder (if that is possible ;-). Both my son (a 9th grader) and myself got some answers wrong, specifically the ones on Astronomy for myself. It was an alright show, we saw the most money given out to date and we saw one of the fifth graders get an answer wrong for the first time. Next week brings additional challenges to the show. Gone will be the American Idol lead in and instead the show will be on at 8 PM facing different competition.