Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader

Antique22

[1]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 11

I heard on the GSN Game Show Awards that there is going to be a syndicated version of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader and I want to know if the story is true. What I have heard so far is that Jeff Foxworthy is also gonna host the Syndicated remix of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and that's all I know,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Catwoman87531

[2]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 55
    I have heard this as well.

PerfectDark0Fan

[3]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 18
    I wounder if the show will still have a lot of money to give away up to the Million Dollar Question? I hope it dosent turn out like Deal Or No Deal. I also hope the primetime version comes back.

Antique22

[4]Jul 21, 2009
    So the story is true because I have seen Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader many times and I hope that the syndicated version will be good and I hope that Jeff Foxworthy will pull it off well. When will the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader start?,
    Tiki

Catwoman87531

[5]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 55
    The only information I have seen reports later this year. I did see an article that stated over 80 percent of the country will get the 1/2 hour version. That may have changed due to the date of the article was a few months ago.

Water78

[6]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 47
    PerfectDark0Fan wrote:
    I wounder if the show will still have a lot of money to give away up to the Million Dollar Question? I hope it dosent turn out like Deal Or No Deal. I also hope the primetime version comes back.

It probably will, i'll bet the top question will be like 250-500 thousand

haldrey

[7]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    I understand the the syndicated version is scheduled to start Sept 21st. I also understand that there will be another prime time episode on Sept 4. Let's wait.

DANT2590

[8]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 1

I was watching CMTV over the weekend and heard them talking about it, though I didn't catch the whole thing.

Does this mean that FOX is dropping the show? What a shame if they are. It's a good show. I wish Jeff would move it a long a little more instead of trying to make all the drama as to whether the person is right or wrong, but then, it's TV. A lot of times, I'll record it to TIVO and hit forward one time where you can still hear the talking, but a lot faster....I don't really lose anything....it just moves it along about 10 minutes faster than watching it at regular speed....and if I FF through the commercials, I can usually watch the show in about 28 minutes and still not lose any of the drama!

Antique22

[9]Sep 22, 2009

I saw a episode of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader today which started yesterday and when you first watch it you will notice it slightly different from the prime-time version of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader,

Notable Differences,

30 minutes half hour shorter,

$500K Top prize,

3 5th graders can help you at a time,

And it sports a newer cuter remix of the show's theme song,

And this new syndicated version of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader has a new rule that contestants can use their cheats as much as they want,

I have a great feeling that Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader will last a long time in syndication,

Tiki

haldrey

[10]Sep 26, 2009
    I can not find it. Where are they showing the syndicated version? I hope the prime time version returns.

Antique22

[11]Sep 27, 2009
    I happened to find the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader on my FOX station and it came on at 11:00 and 11:30 back to back so what I can recommend you to do is call your FOX station and ask if they show the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader and they might know,
    Hope this helps Haldrey,
    Tiki

haldrey

[12]Sep 29, 2009
    Thank you. I called Dish and they are showing it in one of CW affiliate stations (WPIX) to be exact. I watched a couple of the episodes and this is not just a case of lowering the money prize, it a different animal with the same collar. Prize and rules are totally new. The only thing that remains intact is the cheats. It is not as interesting and quite lame.

Antique22

[13]Sep 29, 2009
    You are most welcome Haldrey,
    Hope you enjoy the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader,
    Tiki

haldrey

[14]Sep 30, 2009
    I am trying, but I am finding it difficult. The rules changes, not the lowering of the top prize to $259K (which I expected), and what looks like a pool of not so bright contestants and more common children makes the show not as interesting as the prime time version.

Mew_Mokuba

[15]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    I haven't really seen enough of the new version to make claims on the kids or contestants. But I definatly don't like their new rules. I wish old Jeff Foxworthy would explain the new rules like he does the main series. Also someone mentioned they could use their cheats as much as they wanted. Not as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell the rules for cheats seem to be the same. Though since you can get a question wrong and keep going Save seems pretty much useless. Actually all the cheats seem useless since you miss a question and keep going. But maybe their useful as I think there's a limit to how many you miss as someone missed several in the one episode of two eps I've seen at the moment and she walked with nothing. Though I still haven't figured out their new stupid rules! They make no sense! I prefer the original version a lot more.

haldrey

[16]Oct 4, 2009

Let me tell you, I loved the prime time version of this show. To me it was the successor of the original Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that was also damaged in the syndicated version although not as much as Are You Smarter.

So far I have watched about twenty episodes of this new version. The cheats are used in the same way and the big question is always a fifth grade question, all similarities end there. The strategy is different. You better start with fifth grade questions and work down to the easiest question. If you do not do this and start with the easiest and then miss one of the tougher question you loose all.

The contestants I have seen are no scholars, they are more down to earth persons missing many simple questions. The kids, I have spotted two or three very bright ones, but that's about it. Why half hour shows and not one hour when they always show them back to back using a full hour slot I do not know.

The syndicated version will not last as a prime time show, as a daytime, or probably as a GSN show, maybe.

Edited on 10/04/2009 11:38am

Antique22

[17]Nov 14, 2009

Did you see Muppets Week on the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? I thought it was so cute and it was great to see Jeff Foxworthy interact with the Sesame Street cast and yesterday's episode of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader was so funny with Grover being Jeff Foxworthy's cohost and another thing that made me smile was yesterday's contestant was a parrot lover and had a parrot named after me,

Tiki

haldrey

[18]Dec 2, 2009
    Yes, that week and the the one with celebrities are one of the best so far. They are also, apparently, screening the contestant better, at least they are answering more of the questions correctly. The kids are also improving.

Antique22

[19]Dec 6, 2009

Was this week WWE Week on the syndicated Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? I was gonna watch it but for some reason the WWE Week episode was at 11:30AM and the 11:00 episode of the syndicated version of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader was a regular episode? And also which WWE Superstars were playing Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader on WWE Week?,

Tiki

haldrey

[20]Dec 6, 2009
    In the station that I am watching them they showed the WWE episodes first and then the Muppets episodes. In the first half hour they show a new episode and in the second half hour a repeat. Right now they are showing repeats of the WWE week.
    Edited on 12/15/2009 8:12am