Armed & Famous Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Armed and Famous Pulled

danigro89

[1]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 37
    CBS has pulled Armed and Famous and probably won't return it either. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=armed_and_famous
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mdstudio

[2]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    It's actually been cancelled. The rest of the episodes may air during the summer.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/01/armed_and_famous_cbs_pulls_celebrity_cop_series.html

danigro89

[3]Jan 26, 2007
    Well knowing CBS the final 3 episodes will never air. Too bad, American Idol is ruining the other shows on Wednesday Night, Armed and Famous, Knights of Prosperity, In Case of Emergency.

SoylentYellow

[4]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 21
    danigro89 wrote:
    Well knowing CBS the final 3 episodes will never air. Too bad, American Idol is ruining the other shows on Wednesday Night, Armed and Famous, Knights of Prosperity, In Case of Emergency.

Idol isnt "ruining" any shows --- this show featuring washed has-been or never was 3rd rate celebrities is junk more suited to MTV, VH-1 or E!, TKOP is a tasteless mess based on the virtues of criminal activity to get what you want in life, and ICOE is boring and trite. All 3 deserve to end up in the graveyard.

Jericho (in this time slot) is succeeding despite having gone up against the Dancing With The Stars juggernaut. Granted its tougher to get great rating going up against empty headed shows like Dancing and Idol but it is possible - provided the show is actually good. When Dancing was pulling in 20 million viewers, Jericho was getting 10 million, while A&F was only drawing half that many BEFORE Idol.

Edited on 01/27/2007 9:57am

thoughtsofjapan

[6]Jan 27, 2007
    I did enjoy the first two weeks of it, but lately, the show hasn't been what I thought it'd be. I think after showing a 'dead body' last week, A&F went alittle too far to bring in ratings. I figured it was going, I just didn't want to believe it. Sad, though. Another victim in my shows that didn't make it, but I loved them anyway. Armed & Famous, say hello to Stargate SG-1, Blade: The Series, Day Break and Smith. They too bit the dust in the last eight months, and I loved thee well. ::Hums a remembrance tune.::

danigro89

[7]Jan 28, 2007
    CBS has so many shows that there pulling everything that does bad in its third consecutive week, Smith, 3 lbs., Armed and Famous.

SoylentYellow

[8]Jan 30, 2007
    thoughtsofjapan wrote:
    I did enjoy the first two weeks of it, but lately, the show hasn't been what I thought it'd be. I think after showing a 'dead body' last week, A&F went alittle too far to bring in ratings. I figured it was going, I just didn't want to believe it. Sad, though. Another victim in my shows that didn't make it, but I loved them anyway. Armed & Famous, say hello to Stargate SG-1, Blade: The Series, Day Break and Smith. They too bit the dust in the last eight months, and I loved thee well. ::Hums a remembrance tune.::

I wouldnt lump Stargate SG-1 in with the rest since its ending a very successful 10 year run and continuing on with Stargate: Atlantis using a method similar to the Star Trek franchise.

thoughtsofjapan

[9]Jan 30, 2007
    SoylentYellow wrote:
    thoughtsofjapan wrote:

I wouldnt lump Stargate SG-1 in with the rest since its ending a very successful 10 year run and continuing on with Stargate: Atlantis using a method similar to the Star Trek franchise.

Yes, that's true, but it was still cancelled. It wasn't the normal cancellation, where it doesn't get a full season, it was the cancellation of the contract.

danigro89

[10]Jan 31, 2007
    5 episodes of this show were produced so far and the last one will air February 3, VH1 has said that if the crew produces the remaining 2 they will air those also.

ER4life

[11]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 20
    What a shame. I actually enjoyed this show a lot more than I first thought I would.

danigro89

[12]Jan 31, 2007
    I enjoyed the show but CBS is quick to cancel any series that gets continuous declining ratings.

sc2008

[13]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    I actually enjoyed this show as well. I wasn't expecting to at all, but it was on, and I was sick. So I watched and I got sucked in. It was funny, not a whole lot of thinking involved, but funny regardless.

I_Smell_Fishy

[14]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 6

Watching the "Ponch Farted" clip online just reminded me of this show.

I thank the merciful heavens above this thing got pulled. I had lost every bit of respect I had for CBS when I heard they were airing this piece of crap. Yechh..

SoylentYellow

[15]Feb 26, 2007
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:

Watching the "Ponch Farted" clip online just reminded me of this show.

I thank the merciful heavens above this thing got pulled. I had lost every bit of respect I had for CBS when I heard they were airing this piece of crap. Yechh..

I still cant believe the suits at CBS thought this show was a good idea.  Instead of airing re-runs of Jericho in that time slot they aired a monstrosity like Armed and Stupid?  Ugh....  shows like A&F belong on VH-1, MTV and E!

mooops

[16]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING ARMED IS CANCELLED, BUT TV.COM IS SAYING IT IS JUST ON HIATUS. MAYBE IT WILL COME BACK AFTER IDOL IS OVER THIS SEASON.

SoylentYellow

[17]Mar 23, 2007

mooops wrote:
    EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING ARMED IS CANCELLED, BUT TV.COM IS SAYING IT IS JUST ON HIATUS. MAYBE IT WILL COME BACK AFTER IDOL IS OVER THIS SEASON.

There is as much chance of that as Al Gore admitting on national TV that he is a pompous wind bag.

Heck, there are shows that died 2 or 3 years ago that Ive seen as On Hiatus.  In some cases the editors abandon it or just plain forget about it.   CBS simply cancelled all remaining episodes and wouldnt even air 1 or 2 other completed ones on VH-1 - a show has to suck pretty bad not to be aired on VH-1. Well, they did air one episode and its rating were so bad they canned even reruns there.

There are hundreds of pilots out there waiting for a network time slot. If A&F aired anywhere it should have been VH-1, MTV or E! where awful reality TV programs like this usually air.

Two the shows I wanted dead have died - its been a good year. This show and The Knights of Prosperity. 

maxpower144

[18]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 60
    The reason that it is marked as "On Hiatus/Fate to be Determined" is that VH1 now has the rights to the series and they have not yet announced what they plan to do with it.

Reference: http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/01/30/vh1-nabs-armed-and-famous/

In fact they still might air the missing episodes. Who knows? Maybe they will... maybe they won't? It's up to VH1 and until they make an announcement there is no definite info that can be made available.

SoylentYellow

[19]Jun 19, 2007
    2 months since the last post.... just whistling past the graveyard.

SoylentYellow

[20]Aug 23, 2007

SoylentYellow wrote:
    2 months since the last post.... just whistling past the graveyard.

2 more months gone by...

I wonder if this show will end up as a question on a trivia game show some day?

Question: "Which lame CBS reality show featuring a handfull of C and D list celebrities crashed and burned in early 2007 after only 4 episodes?"