Armed & Famous Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

New Show - What do you think?

maxpower144

[1]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 60
    Who thinks that this show will be fun to watch?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rondocollector

[2]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 10
    I'll probably watch it,just because Wee-Man is in it,lol,I just saw a commercial for it,a Jack-ass hand-cuffing a jack-ass is how they put it,lol

CatMom5

[3]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    Usually the best parts of the programs/movies are shown on the previews, but I think Armed & Famous is going to be like a train wreck: you don't want to watch it, but ya just can't help it (at least once, anyway). I really don't think this program will do very well.

Chamita

[4]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    it looks like the most stupid and idiodic show on television

fannyaddams

[5]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    I think it will be amazing!

CoolUserName

[6]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think this show should be pretty entertaining. I love that jack osborne is becoming a cop, priceless.

Rattrap007

[7]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 14
    watching.. best part so far was La Toya at the laundromat. You know those things you get detergent out of by putting coins in the slot and sliding the metal bar in? She pushed it forward and tried to insert a dollar bill thinking it took bills. LOL!!

Mknasty

[8]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'll watch it just because I live in Muncie, IN. After the first episode, I already saw three people I knew, lol.

Piaggioavanti13

[9]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I luv ponch!!!!!!!

rondocollector

[10]Jan 11, 2007

Mknasty wrote:
    I'll watch it just because I live in Muncie, IN. After the first episode, I already saw three people I knew, lol.

I know a few Baseball card sellers that live in Muncie.I am trying to remember what Wee-man said,he was like ... Pooped his pants or something like that

CoolUserName

[11]Jan 11, 2007
    Rattrap007 wrote:
    watching.. best part so far was La Toya at the laundromat. You know those things you get detergent out of by putting coins in the slot and sliding the metal bar in? She pushed it forward and tried to insert a dollar bill thinking it took bills. LOL!!

haha, that was hilarious. I can't wait to watch this show again tonight

toonaspie

[12]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 15
    Chamita wrote:
    it looks like the most stupid and idiodic show on television

and thats why people tune in to reality television!!!

computex

[13]Jan 12, 2007
    I was surprised how much I liked it... It is like a train wreck tho.
    Edited on 01/12/2007 4:45am

computex

[14]Jan 12, 2007
    Oh and my mom lives in Muncie - Although I have never been to the "ghetto", where they were most in the first episode. (Haven't watched the second ep. yet.)

Edit: Sorry I forgot you can edit you posts here. 
    Edited on 01/12/2007 4:46am

[15]Jan 12, 2007
    First of all, for the record, I would like to start out by saying that I am a native of Muncie, IN.  I grew up and graduated High School and left Indiana a short time later.  Secondly, and also for the record, let me state that I hate  (UN-)Real(-ity) television and for all it stands for.  I believe that all of this stuff portrayed on TV lowers the IQ's of the people who watch it.  Its an excuse for networks to produce low-cost mind numbing TV instead of higher quality entertainment in order to sell advertising at a premium to maximize profits, while cable and satellite bills continue to soar.  In the past I have made fun of the people who produce this stuff, the c-list "entertainers" that "star" in it, and most of all those who watch it. With this show though, its different because it is my home town, and for that reason  I have to be honest with you, my curiosity was aroused!  For weeks I have followed the developments online concerning the show, its impact on the city, and reactions to it from the public at http://www.thestarpress.com.  As usual I  was also  very, very, very skeptical, that is until I finally watched it, and the most amazing thing happened:  I loved it and I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm not saying that the show or its portrayal of the law enforcement is perfect.  No, its not as realistic as COPS because even though it may be edited, at least its not scripted!  For those who don't believe that these guys  and gals were actually doing police work,  Jack Osborne impressed the Police chief in Muncie so much that he was offered a permanent job on the force!  He did turn it down, asking instead for a recommendation for a job in Los Angeles!   

ER4life

[16]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 20

8052681619 wrote:
    First of all, for the record, I would like to start out by saying that I am a native of Muncie, IN.  I grew up and graduated High School and left Indiana a short time later.  Secondly, and also for the record, let me state that I hate  (UN-)Real(-ity) television and for all it stands for.  I believe that all of this stuff portrayed on TV lowers the IQ's of the people who watch it.  Its an excuse for networks to produce low-cost mind numbing TV instead of higher quality entertainment in order to sell advertising at a premium to maximize profits, while cable and satellite bills continue to soar.  In the past I have made fun of the people who produce this stuff, the c-list "entertainers" that "star" in it, and most of all those who watch it. With this show though, its different because it is my home town, and for that reason  I have to be honest with you, my curiosity was aroused!  For weeks I have followed the developments online concerning the show, its impact on the city, and reactions to it from the public at http://www.thestarpress.com.  As usual I  was also  very, very, very skeptical, that is until I finally watched it, and the most amazing thing happened:  I loved it and I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm not saying that the show or its portrayal of the law enforcement is perfect.  No, its not as realistic as COPS because even though it may be edited, at least its not scripted!  For those who don't believe that these guys  and gals were actually doing police work,  Jack Osborne impressed the Police chief in Muncie so much that he was offered a permanent job on the force!  He did turn it down, asking instead for a recommendation for a job in Los Angeles!   

Wow, amazing what one reality show can do to a person... I was very skeptical of the show myself, but i think the "reality" part of the show couldn't be more accurate...although it's not every day you see celebrities walking around in police unifrom arresting criminals.

Edited on 01/12/2007 11:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

toonaspie

[17]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 15
    computex wrote:
    Oh and my mom lives in Muncie - Although I have never been to the "ghetto", where they were most in the first episode. (Haven't watched the second ep. yet.)

Edit: Sorry I forgot you can edit you posts here. 

I would not be surprised if most of the show involves arrests in the "ghetto"

CoolUserName

[18]Jan 16, 2007
    computex wrote:
    I was surprised how much I liked it... It is like a train wreck tho.

LOL, i love it. It's great that all the celebs are so different to, makes for some interesting chemistry