Armed & Famous Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

What happens if one of them gets killed in the line of duty

ace2542

[1]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    This show is entirely fake they are not really on patrol, all the situation they find themselves in are engineered. They have to be, If they are on the street for real there is a chance one of them could get killed or shoot somebody. I cant see the producers wanting to place them in that situation,
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

raptorz44

[2]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 10
    well for one thning it appears just in caase they have nackups. also they probably have bulletproof vests.

computex

[3]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 10
    It looks real to me... Scripted reality shows are VERY easy to spot!
    Edited on 01/12/2007 12:57pm

oohhxxdang

[4]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 5

yea it does look real to me too.

but if one dies, then probly...people

will make a huge ass deal about it.

ya know....yea theyre all pretty cool.

wee-man is freakin awesome!

ER4life

[5]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 20

It's nearly a fact this show is not a scripted reality show.  I live just 50 miles from the city of Muncie, and trust me, there has been a massive hoop-la about the reality show in our region.  Everything done so far, has infact been true crimes, with true criminals and people.

Just my point of view.

Piaggioavanti13

[6]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    there are really on patrol!!!!

Piaggioavanti13

[7]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    they were meteal plateltes

[8]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm originally from Muncie (grew up there) and know the city as well as the people very well. The stuff that you are seeing is only a drop in the bucket of the junk in that city. I've been following the hoopla surrounding this series on the web at http://www.thestarpress.com and to answer your question, we don't have to worry about any of them getting killed. The filming for the show wrapped on Wed. Jan. 10, 2006 with no casualties!

kobe0007

[9]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    You can tell the fake parts of the show very easily.  If you ever notice, they always seem to have backup come in at every dispute.  If you have ever watched COPS, you know that that is not normal procedure.  The celebrities were probably wearing vests all the time and the real officer's jobs were probably to make sure the celebs stayed safe.

GothamCat

[10]Jan 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    HAHA I live in Indiana not far from Muncie. MOst cops here do wait for backup. The last time I got pulled over I had three patrol cars ending up pullin up and I didn't even get a ticket. Usually two patrol cars roll up to most situations unless its a true emergency.

SoylentYellow

[11]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    ace2542 wrote:
    This show is entirely fake they are not really on patrol, all the situation they find themselves in are engineered. They have to be, If they are on the street for real there is a chance one of them could get killed or shoot somebody. I cant see the producers wanting to place them in that situation,

When they are assigned a call they make sure its not a perp who would act violently - they pick softball calls to send them on. Does anyone think CBS would want to see Ponch's brains splattered all over his shirt? Or Wee-Man without a head? Or Latoya with a sucking chest wound screaming "Wardrobe Malfunction!!!!" trying to one up her sister? I wouldnt be suprised to find out another unit intially gets the call then they tell the perp "Hey you wanna be on TV and meet some famous C-List celebrity? ",then the real cops pull back and they send in the celebrity cops. Real cops die in the line of duty, I doubt they would risk the death of one of these has-beens or neve was's - it would be bad publicity CBS doesnt need. Though I have to admit, I would want to watch it then - if there was a real risk. At least with COPS those cops are all 100% real.
    Edited on 01/16/2007 6:40pm

SoylentYellow

[12]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    computex wrote:
    It looks real to me... Scripted reality shows are VERY easy to spot!

Its not as much scripted as it is "orchestrated". The calls they are sent on are carefully chosen as to minimize the chances for death or serious injury to either the celebrity or the suspect. They will never send them on a hostage call, armed robbery, bust a mid or higher level drug dealer, highspeed chase, or violent out of control psycho or any other call that involves the slightest possibility of violence. Something like this belongs on E !, MTV or VH-1 not CBS.

Edited on 01/16/2007 6:54pm