Armed & Famous

I Never Thought I'd Get Handcuffed by a Jackson

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 10, 2007 on CBS

• In this first episode, we follow along as our intrepid celebrities undergo what I hope is a slimmed down Police Academy, learning the necessary skills required in order to be police officers, everything from traffic stops to being tazered.

This is some of the funniest television I've seen in a long time. Jack Osbourne looks great now that he's sober, LaToya, although not trying to be, is one of the funniest aspects of this show and Jason 'Wee Man' Acuna, known primarily for his fame from Jackass, shows a depth that I've never seen in him before. Erik Estrada, while he is funny and somewhat intersting, in this first episode seems to but a little too much emphasis on his days on CHiPS, but he is as nice a guy as you would ever want to meet. While all the other celebrities are excellent in this episode, the solid gem in this episode, is Trish Stratus. In one part of their training, the celebrities all had to get tazed to feel its effects, and they all had the choice of having alligator clips attached to their back, or have the barbs shot at them. Trish Stratus was the only one to be fired at, and she took the whole thing like a champ. The whole premise of the show at first didn't appeal to me, but after seeing previews of the show, and now watching the first episode, I will be an avid watcher for the rest of the season.