An Army Wives Community
Lifetime (ended 2013)

Lifetime has decided to divorce Army Wives—its longest-running original series—after several mostly happy years together. The show concluded its seventh and now final season this past June. 

If we're being honest, Army Wives was lucky to get that final season; when Season 6 ended on a major cliffhanger, the series hadn't yet been renewed another go-round. The writing was on the wall at that point. The show was eventually granted a last-minute reprieve and all parties tried to make it work, but it just wasn't meant to be. Sometimes things just don't work out, you know? But before you start talking about other fish in the sea, you should know that Lifetime plans to give Army Wives a proper send-off (something that very rarely happens), via a two-hour retrospective special that will wrap up the series early next year.

Will you miss Army Wives? Did you even remember Army Wives was still on?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/9/2013

Season 7 : Episode 13

25 Comments
Comments (25)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am so broken because this was an excellent real life story. It showed people how to live, love, forgive and cope with reality. I hate when networks cancel decent uplifting shows and keep all the garbage that is on tv. I thought army wives was the greatest love story on tv. Please bring back
Flag
Great show but after Roxy and Pamela left it wasn't the same. Although I'd have enjoyed seeing where they took Kat and Gen. Holden's relationship. I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand Kim Delaney so Claudia Joy leaving was a good thing. I watched in spite of Kim!! I do hope Catherine Bell gets a series soon, loved her since JAG!!
Flag
It's sad that the show is ending but should not be a surprise. Most of the original cast have left. And without Kim Delaney who played Claudia Joy Holden, the show just didn't seem the same. The sixth season didn't seem that nice either because Kim didn't appear in all episodes. And this whole new cast, it happens all the time on shows when the originals leave, the replacements are not always accepted. I hope that they resolve things.
Flag
I am heartbroken by decision 2 end army wives. I LOVEF the original gang n was sad as they moved on but was also glad they were true 2 the reality of military life n the uncertainty that comes with it. I enjoyed the new cast n think they could have brought new life with them. I wish terribly that another company would pick up the show n continue production.
Flag
I am really going to miss Army Wives!!! I have watch it from the very beginning and I will not be watching lifetime any more since you are taken my show off!!!! I have really enjoyed coming home from church to watch my show and now you are canceled it!!!! that is so wrong!!!!!!! I need this show to help make me feel like I was apart of the show!!!! I loved everyone on the show, and even cried when Claudia Joy died!!!!! I felt the pain of everyone there!!!! I have really loved this show from the get go!!!!! I hope you can bring them back for good!!!!!
Flag
I'm flabbergasted at that picture.. I didn't know those people were on it lol. The original core group was the best..
Flag
Had no idea this was still going.
Flag
I may be in the minority, but in my opinion after the core group of Claudia Joy, Denise, Roxy, Pamela, Roland, and Joan were disbanded, the series lost the allure that attracted me. Some of the newer characters were interesting, but, personally, the dynamics had changed, and as a result, so had the ingredients that made this show so appetizing.
Flag
Completely agree! I only recognized one woman in that picture and I couldn't believe a show could change that much. I only watched a couple seasons, why was the core group disbanded?
Flag
The core group, while undeniably fabulous, had 2 disband @ sum point. That is military life. They were @ same base n 2gethr for 6 yrs. That is forevr in military
Flag
Jessica, I agree with you, but with a caveat. As a 24 year veteran of the military, I concur that in the real world soldiers are often ordered to PCS (permanent change of station) at some point. But, as much as I have enjoyed the entertainment value of Army Wives it's hardly the model for strict adherence to military protocol and procedure. I doubt very seriously if the changes to the core group had anything to do with the desire to uphold military standards, as much as to reinvigorate fledgling ratings numbers. Anyone familiar with the military understands that we've had to suspend disbelief since season one, in favor of being entertained. And I get that! One has to do what one has to do when it's about the all-mighty Nielsens. But, had this show been doing the kind of rating numbers of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, I have no doubt that the original cast would have remained intact (probably with raises), and serving at the fictional Fort Marshall for as long as those ratings numbers supported it. But, in any event, seven seasons is a great run for any television series, and Army Wives should be respected for that accomplishment. I just, personally, felt detached from the replacement cast.
More +
Flag
I'm not sure why the core was disbanded , but, as is typical with television, I'm sure some executive, producer, etc., felt the need to "improve" on success. First Pamela was discharged, followed by Claudia Joy, Roxy, and Roland. Is it any wonder that the show has been cancelled!?!? I'm a firm believer in the idea that if it ain't broke, leave it the hell alone!!!! Like you, Uma, I had no clue who most of the new cast were. As much as I tried I couldn't connect with them.
Flag
I couldn't agree with you more!
Flag
I loved army wives in the beginning but stopped watching after season 5 i think, the first few seasons were excellent though and catherine bell is one of my favorite tv actresses between jag and army wives. I am sad to see it go and plan on rewatching the seasons i missed.
Flag
Staff
Catherine Bell is going to need an understanding shoulder to cry on.
Flag
I never watched the show, so don't know how good or bad it was but that's very decent from lifetime
Flag
Ashanti was on army wives?
Flag
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!
Flag
Lol!
Flag
This show always fell into my category of: that's still on? So no surprise, really.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members