Army Wives Forums

Lifetime (ended 2013)

Why can't the real army wives undersand the fun in the show?

caramrtnz1002

[1]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5

ok yes the show army wive has a real side to the army life but I like the fun part of army wives show to I mean I understand the real side of the show but come on I wish that some of the real army wives will stop there **** about the fun side of the show at lifetime.com and I hope that the writers of army wives don't change the fun part of the show just because of some people don't like the fun side of army wives.

But maybe I am alone on like the fun side of army wives.

Do you think the writers will change the fun side of army wives becuse some of the real army wive don't like the fun side of the show?

I hope the writers don't get rid of the fun side of army wives just becuse some of the real army wives don't like the fun side of the show and don't understand the fun of the show .

Edited on 06/19/2008 10:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cwprincss

[2]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    Where are you reading all this negative stuff from army wives? Can you post a link?

caramrtnz1002

[3]Jun 19, 2008
    http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/army-wives

TVAddict1987

[4]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    caramrtnz1002 wrote:

ok yes the show army wive has a real side to the army life but I like the fun part of army wives show to I mean I understand the real side of the show but come on I wish that some of the real army wives will stop there **** about the fun side of the show at lifetime.com and I hope that the writers of army wives don't change the fun part of the show just because of some people don't like the fun side of army wives.

But maybe I am alone on like the fun side of army wives.

Do you think the writers will change the fun side of army wives becuse some of the real army wive don't like the fun side of the show?

I think the writers are going to be more concerned with making the "army" part more realistc(they have advisers for that) but, no, I do not think they will change anything to satisfy a small group of people. This is a fictional show, and some people need to remember that when criticizing it.

caramrtnz1002

[5]Jun 20, 2008
    good because I like the fun part of army wives to I hope that don't make me a bad person.

TVAddict1987

[6]Jun 20, 2008

caramrtnz1002 wrote:
    good because I like the fun part of army wives to I hope that don't make me a bad person.

Of course that does not make you a bad peprson! It i s nice to have a little humor in shows where there is a lot of drama. In my mind, people who don't like it, don't need to watch!

TVAddict1987

[7]Jun 20, 2008
    TVAddict1987 wrote:

caramrtnz1002 wrote:

Of course that does not make you a bad peprson! It i s nice to have a little humor in shows where there is a lot of drama. In my mind, people who don't like it, don't need to watch!

ugh, sorry for my typo, I meant PERSON....................lol

MeggieMae0813

[8]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 3

I am a "real" army wife, and I have no problem with it. Television is FICTION. So many people tend to forget that. It's cause our generation was raised in front of one and it gave us a warped sense of reality. We think TV is supposed ot be real life. But it's not.

One of the reasons why I dont watch much tv, except for this show, of course.

TVAddict1987

[9]Jun 22, 2008
    MeggieMae0813 wrote:

I am a "real" army wife, and I have no problem with it. Television is FICTION. So many people tend to forget that. It's cause our generation was raised in front of one and it gave us a warped sense of reality. We think TV is supposed ot be real life. But it's not.

One of the reasons why I dont watch much tv, except for this show, of course.

I think the reason that SOME real life army wivesget upset with the show is the same reason why other groups of people get upset when there is a tv show or movie done that they feel puts their career in a bad light. There was a movie out not long ago, maybe Flight Plan? the flight attendants were down about because they felt people were going to think badly of them. IT IS A MOVIE!!!!!!!!! FICTION!!!!!! Most sane people are going to watch knowing theshow is fiction, so just have fun with it. BTW, I can have an opinion about this. I am a nanny with 20 years experience, and you would not believe how many nannies were freaking out over The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. I just told them to chill out...

claudia40

[10]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    I am a military wife former active duty and love this fun, dramatic, "FICTIONAL" show. I think it is often easy to forget its just a tv show lol (or some fear how it will influence others who dont know better), another example I am a minority and if I got upset everytime I see a false representation of my group on tv I would stay pissed off lol, its TV (-_-)

PattiP0414

[11]Jun 23, 2008
    I'm a former active duty Marine and married to a retired Marine. Every show or movie that I have watched over the years that had anything military related, I have always taken the stuff in them with a grain of salt. I know what is real and what is not. My family HATED watching anything with us because we were always pointing stuff out!!

caramrtnz1002

[12]Jun 27, 2008
    I don't now exactly who writes Army Wives, but I would like to sat that army life is nothing like that.I have been at several military bases for over twenty five years and I am angry that you would even give people the impression that it is anything like this. The Army is not close at all with its soliders and they certainly do not try to help them. The one thing that the Army is doing and has been doing for quite to long is seperate Fathers from their children espeially their sons leaving them with mother trying to work and be father and mother at the same time. Most of the time the kids are left alone trying to raise their self. Unfortunately they say Army kids are the worst kids and that is true and the militarys way of handling these problems is to take their Post Housing. Do they do anything to help the family more important what do they do for the kids. Nothing. Army Wives do not help each other in fact it is just the opposite. There is more divorces, cheating, and even killing. You would be suprised how many soliders return home only to find their mate cheating kids gone astray and lets not forget about the soliders that are depoloyed how many are over there fooling around wtih other soliders. Divorce Seperation, does the Army care. NO. Then they contract the base out to other agencies to run, handle, control. Do they care about the families, more so the children. Take for example Fort Stewart, GA There is know activities for kids, families can't have pools, trambolines, I have seen so many young kids just going astray,doing drugs, fighting they don't know what to do with their selves,because there is nothing to do, and know fathers. You want to try and make people think army life is really all that great, Its not and Army Wives the show is not real and if all the other army wives would speak out more people would see and stop watching that junk

Request RemovalPosted by Wilhelmina63 Jun 26, 2008 10:51 pm

This make me so mad that this army wive can not see the fun in the show army wives i hope that the writers don't changhe the fun part of army wives just because one army wive can't see the fun in the show

TVAddict1987

[13]Jun 27, 2008
    [QUOTE=" Its not and Army Wives the show is not real and if all the other army wives would speak out more people would see and stop watching that junk

This make me so mad that this army wive can not see the fun in the show army wives i hope that the writers don't changhe the fun part of army wives just because one army wive can't see the fun in the show

[/QUOTE]

Again, the writers are not going to change the show because of one person's opinion. While they are trying to make their show somewhat more realistic with the addition of a military advisor, ultimately they are writing a FICTIONAL show, and they have never said they are writing anything different. Yes, some things are a bit unbelievable, such as Joan going to have an abortion on base(a major mistake, I am not sure why they did that) but the show is fiction.If Wilhelmina63 thinks it is junk, then she needs to not watch. I have read many posts by real life military wives who say they enjoy the show for what it is. So I think they will continue to have some fun with the show, interspersed with serious storylines, and anyone who does not like it can change the channel.

soldierzwife143

[14]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think the person was just venting. It's overwhelming to be by yourself so many times. My husband is gone for the fourth time and I still like the humor in the show.

soldierswifey25

[15]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    I am Army wife and like I have told many other wives who complain about the show. This is TV not to mention the show is on Lifetime . If they honestly did a show on my life , the show wouldnt even make the pilot because life is not that exciting here on this Army post lol.

PattiP0414

[16]Jul 12, 2008
    soldierswifey25 wrote:
    I am Army wife and like I have told many other wives who complain about the show. This is TV not to mention the show is on Lifetime . If they honestly did a show on my life , the show wouldnt even make the pilot because life is not that exciting here on this Army post lol.

Thank you!! Don't know how many times we have said something similar here and other boards - mostly other boards. Not too many people are negative here at TV.com!!

Trottelfresse

[17]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't understand that either! My Mum was a Army Wive for several years when i was a young child and she watches Army Wives, knowing that it is only a TV SHOW and nothing serious. They exaggerate in Medical and Crime shows, so of course they are doing the same with a Army Show

vicky24c

[18]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 24
    Trottelfresse wrote:
    I don't understand that either! My Mum was a Army Wive for several years when i was a young child and she watches Army Wives, knowing that it is only a TV SHOW and nothing serious. They exaggerate in Medical and Crime shows, so of course they are doing the same with a Army Show

I totally love Army Wives, although I dont know anyone in the army or anything. The show just works.

soldierswifey25

[19]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 2
    First off are you in the Army or a Army wife. I am stationed at the sister base of Ft Stewart and there are plenty of activities for wives and children. Secondly you might want to get your facts straight. You have parents who dont take care of there kids in any situation not just the army life. Myabe your unit is or wasnt helpful but ours have been once again its not a general thing its specific , so dont you sit here and make the Army look bad. Yes deployments sucks my husband just came back after 15 months but we all know what we are in store for. If they were to record my life they would not have a show because our lives arent that exciting , so you bet your money they need to make the show somewhat fictional and exciting. Get a life and stop whining and next time you want to speak on the army especially particular army post you might want to have your facts straight.

caramrtnz1002 wrote:
    I don't now exactly who writes Army Wives, but I would like to sat that army life is nothing like that.I have been at several military bases for over twenty five years and I am angry that you would even give people the impression that it is anything like this. The Army is not close at all with its soliders and they certainly do not try to help them. The one thing that the Army is doing and has been doing for quite to long is seperate Fathers from their children espeially their sons leaving them with mother trying to work and be father and mother at the same time. Most of the time the kids are left alone trying to raise their self. Unfortunately they say Army kids are the worst kids and that is true and the militarys way of handling these problems is to take their Post Housing. Do they do anything to help the family more important what do they do for the kids. Nothing. Army Wives do not help each other in fact it is just the opposite. There is more divorces, cheating, and even killing. You would be suprised how many soliders return home only to find their mate cheating kids gone astray and lets not forget about the soliders that are depoloyed how many are over there fooling around wtih other soliders. Divorce Seperation, does the Army care. NO. Then they contract the base out to other agencies to run, handle, control. Do they care about the families, more so the children. Take for example Fort Stewart, GA There is know activities for kids, families can't have pools, trambolines, I have seen so many young kids just going astray,doing drugs, fighting they don't know what to do with their selves,because there is nothing to do, and know fathers. You want to try and make people think army life is really all that great, Its not and Army Wives the show is not real and if all the other army wives would speak out more people would see and stop watching that junk

PattiP0414

[20]Aug 31, 2008
    soldierswifey25, the post that you responded to is actually a quote from the lifetimetv forum. caramrtnz1002's actual comment was "This make me so mad that this army wive can not see the fun in the show army wives i hope that the writers don't changhe the fun part of army wives just because one army wive can't see the fun in the show" I'm not sure if she knows how to post a quote. I also think that there possibly might be a language issue.