Around The Horn Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on ESPNIn Season

Daily winners of "Face Time": Legit or not?

Is the 30 seconds of "Face Time" daily winner "fixed" in advance?

KEVINT1964

[1]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    I think more often than not, the daily winner is pre-determined in advance. Scoring is inconsistent from day to day & panelist to panelist. Whether ESPN or Riali decides who wins in advance is uncertain, but I think the "winner" knows ahead of time that he/she is getting that day's face time.
    Edited on 11/10/2009 3:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

captaintombatch

[2]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Some things normally determine that like how many times a panelist gets muted at the start of the show, that person normally doesn't make it further. It's not fixed by any stretch, but sometimes the writers don't tkae the scoring system seriously and just blame each other for being wrong about a lot of stuff. (namely LeBron James)

pudgebyrd722

[3]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 51
    Usually Tony brings up stats, including "head-to-head" history between the two competitors in Face Off. I think he usually ends the streak of whatever one he mentions. Like if he says _____ has never beaten _____ in ___ number of showdowns. The one who has never done something usually always does it. It is rather annoying. It's hard to have a non-biased point system in a game in which the panelists are giving their opinions.