Around The Horn

Weekdays 5:00 PM on ESPN Premiered Nov 04, 2002 In Season

Around The Horn Fan Reviews (40)

• Women participants

I find it very interesting that this show spends a great deal of time supporting civil rights for blacks and gays but promotes misogyny. Every time Jackie MacMullen , or for that matter any woman, is on the show she almost always get knocked out in the first or second round. On the few occasions that she may win Reali treats her like she is just lucky to be there. I know she is paid for appearing but, maybe it is time women boycotted crap like this.
  • get out blackistone

I find it very disturbing the diatribe of Kevin Blackistone regarding the segment about our National Anthem. The anthem that is sung before each sporting event is to show respect for those who lost their lives for this great country which allows the BLACK -I-STONES of the world to babble his banter to all of us. I used to respect his knowledge and his articulation, but now he's just another disgruntled black man spewing out garbage about what this nation stands for. He disgusts me and as of now I probably won't watch the show anymore as I watched it religiously on a daily basis.
  • Ravens vs. Patriots

l live in Baltimore...a big Ravens fan. MICHAEL SMITH is completely right! l'd have given him 100 points on his comments of the Ravens! l couldn't even watch the Ravens attempt the field goal last night! How could John Harbaugh give up a measley 4th and 1 attempt inside the 25 yard line still with one time out to burn when he had the team attempt 4th and 6 beyond the 40 yard line with over 6 minutes to go in the game? How much sense did that make putting up a kicker known to fail half his attempts within 35 yards in the regular season!!? lt hurts to say this, but the Ravens deserved to lose.
  • Great Sports [Game] Show With Biased Point Score

I have to say that I like this show much more than other sports shows on ESPN like Pardon the Interruption, despite the cocky host, Tony Reali and his biased point score to determine which of the four panelists wins that day's episode. Sometimes I think the people whose opinions I agree with the most don't win because Tony agrees but he's too distracted by their great point-of-views that he forgets to "up" their points. Plus, I love Woody Paige. And I have to support my homestate Tim Kowlishaw's opinions.
  • An entertaining sports show that features four sports panelists that argue over different topics that revolve around the world of sports. The arguments that the panelists give are scored by the host. The panelist with the highest score wins.

Around the Horn is a very entertaining show to watch. The Panelists are often very funny to watch, and they often add amusing interjections to the conversations. The panelists are knowledgeable about the wide variety of sports topics that are discussed on the show. My only problem with the show is that the host, Tony Reali, often does not score the arguments fairly, but i do believe that this adds some degree or enjoyment to the show. However, I believe that this does not occur very often, and therefore, it should only be considered a minor problem.

Other then the above mentioned minor problem, the show is very good, and is very enjoyable to watch. The arguments that revolve around the different sports topics are enjoyable to listen to and offer a different perspective about what goes on in the world of sports. If you get a chance, watch the show, and be sure to watch for panelist Woody Paige's witty says that appear on the board behind him.
  • Reali needs to review his shows and see if he honestly feels like he is unbiased in the awarding of points.

5.2
    I watch Around the Horn almost everyday, with my husband. I am constantly amazed at Reali not giving Woody points. He then will turn to Mariotti and give him a point for saying the exact same thing that Woody just said, and got no points for. We are not from Chicago or Denver, so we do not read either of their columns. Reali needs to review his shows and see if he honestly feels like he awards the points on an unbiased basis. It is obvious that he is partial to Jay! We just don't get it!
  • Ten Topics, Four Sports Writers, Four Mute Buttons, One Host, and One Daily Champion. In between all that is lots of sports news and yelling!

If you need a daily sports news fix, Around the Horn is the show for you. Tony Reali is an excellent host. He always has a smile and is having fun with the colorful panelist. The two main panelist are Woody Page (Denver) and Jay Mariotti (Chicago). Other panelists that rotate through the weeks are Kevin Blackistone (Washington), Tim Cowlishaw(Dallas), JA Adande (Los Angeles), Isreal Gutierrez (Miami), Bob Ryan (Boston), Jim Armstrong (Denver), Bill Plaschke (Los angeles), and Jackie MacMullan (Boston). Not only is show funny with everyone arguing, everyone seems to have a good point. It's a great show for you sports news fix and see all the topics in the day of sports. I give this a 10 of 10 from a sports perspective. I hope you all check it out!
  • An very interesting way to analyze sports topics.

I watch this show, because it displays a very interesting way to break down sports topics and see what everyone has to say, and for Woody Paige. =D

Woody Paige is a smart panelist for the show, don't get me wrong, but he kind of reminds me of another Lou Pinella, or however you spell it. It's like he likes to argue, but trust me, the audience loves it. Well, almost every time besides the day he made it a pointless game by saying something, and the host did not keep score. =|

But overall, the show is great. And like I said-they make it a creative way to discuss sports topics, by having four different panelists a day (I like it especially when at least Woody Paige, JA Adande, and Jay Mariotti are in there, and better-all of them) and they each have a chance to discuss sports news. When they say something good/smart, the host gives them a point or two. My favorite showdown: Woody Paige and Jay Mariotti. =D
  • Witty banter, combined w/ sports puts me in a good mood, now if they would only be more kind to the teams I love :)

While they try to balance out the west coast and the east coast correspondents, denver and texas don't really count as the mid west, and while Chicago is, Jay is not the most open of people, he locks onto an opinion and doesn't budge.
    I would like to see a revolving 4 th guest, someone from Detroit, Kansas. The show is quick, they cover the top stories always, and make it fun even when the topics are dry. The point scoring is about as accurate as a broken watch, but it is all part of the entertainment.
    Tony has become a great host in the wake of Max leaving, he has made the show his own.
  • This show tells news around sports and is entertaining most of the time.

I always watch this show everyday, I think that this show is going to last longer on ESPN. It's not just informative, but it can be humorous. Woody Paige always makes me laugh, especially his black board, which he writes funny phrases (most directed as Jay Marrioti) who is usually negative when he talks about sports. As for the other panelists, they find ways to be funny. This show is 6 years old,and has shown over 1,000 episodes and hopefully the show can stay as popular as it is for more years to come. After the show Jim Rome is burning(not a very good show) check out this show because it needs more fans.
  • Sports discussion show

Sports analysts from around the country discuss current issues in all areas of sports. They are given points based on their argument and supporting facts. The host, Tony Reali, is the one assigning points but the points system is not taken very seriously. The "point" of the show is to win and therefore earn a spot at the end of the show to talk about a topic of the analysts choice for 30 seconds.

The show has three different segments. The most important issues are first and the analysts are given more time to discuss different views on each topic. Then comes a "Buy or Sell" round where the analysts pick to buy the question asked or sell it and provide reasons why. With a contestant being eliminated at the end of each round. The final two square off in the short "showdown" round and the winner is awarded with the 30 second "face time" spot.

There are about eight different analysts that are on the show from time to time. But usually only five of them rotate from day to day. Each analyst has his own specialty in a specific sport and for the most part has a different personality. The sports discussion is very informative but what makes the show original is the analysts being allowed to express themselves and the viewer being able to watch four different perspectives on the same topic. I believe it is the best sports show out there and I watch it whenever I can.
  • great

hi it is a great show cool fab outra gu hg gg fvfb ggv,hfgh jkgfhb hjggj hggjk g ufdyfdfydyfdfhdfhfhd fgdgd gdxghdxg xghd dxvc gd fy nf f hfh cg nbmbjbk m hgjbm hkbhmngkhjbv bv v,b fn , vn n vh jgv bjljhkl h hjl bjb j hjjhv hib h vh nv jvjbv vdvnnkxvcnkl vkckjfc hljuifgjktyefyhgjkhklhilhkJL:jl;hkl bnklgjl' gu guh guj gb gb g gbb hn g b fv vbv vgb vv bb bb bb bb bb b bbbv vjkvhjh fhfhfhfh fhfh ffh fdghmdghd cbmcbnc gffhfb fvbm,f fg sfbdnkl fg gujhklopuj hio'pgj hiphkl hbmvhj f guivhk g gugh g v uhgjk;gjk bjjk gjvn it is speechless
  • Interesting way of telling sports news and hearing opinions about it

I want to be a sports journalist so this is one of my favorite shows to watch. I would love to be on a show like this where you can show off your sports knowledge as well as hear things from different parts of the country. There is nothing wrong with this show. It is funny, informative, and its where I go to stay connected to the sports world. Woody Paige and Jay Mariotti are the regulars who provide comedy through their friendly rivalry. The additions of JA Adande, Tim Cowlishaw, Bill Plashke, Michael Smith, Blackistone, and others bring opinions from all over the country to battle against each other. Playful banter, sports facts, and an unorganized points systems make it a great show to watch.
  • This is one of the most entertaining shows that ESPN has to offer.

This show is really good to watch, if you like all kinds of sports. Every panelist brings something to the table and this mix makes the show very entertaining. My favorite panelist has to be Woody Paige, I mean "Look at the Schedule", he brings a lot of good information to the show, even thought he likes to goof around, most off his stuff very useful.
    I wish that this show was an hour long so I can watch Paige scream at the camera and yell "WHAT!" to Reali when he doesn't give him the points that he deserves. Well I guess I just "have to straight you guys out" and make you watch this show, believe me, you won't regret it. "all quoutes come from Woody Paige"
  • around the horn made a comment about the nhl season, which begins today (not including the london games). Mariotti said hes anti hockey, which is the most underrated sport in the world.

These around the horn guys (at least Mariotti) needs to do a little research on the sport, if hed bother looking into it, hed see that hockey is the toughest sport to play, and the players rarely are in trouble (like the mlb and nfl). Wake up! Hockey Rules!! Its been said that the NHL is a spectators sport, then try going to a team like the Dallas Stars play (by the way Mike Modano is on the edge of being the all time leading american born scorer) or any other team. Maybe these guys shouldnt consider themselves sports gurus until they know the four major sports?
  • Who doesn't like Woody Paige?

This is simple. Its simpily: If Woody Paige was not on the show, then I wouldn't be giving this show a 9.9. I mean, come on! Woody Paige is always screaming at everybody, and nobody ever agrees with him, and its so funny. I mean, Woody Paige is a nut! He is crazy! He is a crazy hilarious nut! But talking about the show now, I love the plot. Its real excellent. And I like how they discuss certain sports topics and then give points to somebody who actually makes some sense and who is right - which is never Woody Paige. Aww, too bad. Eventually Wood Paige will win.
  • Around the Horn is a show where 4 panelists from across the country to discuss sports topics going on in the world. This show is great because Tony Reali is a great moderator and the panelists make the show funny and interesting.

Around the Horn is a sports discussion show where 4 panelists argue on topics and are given points based on the argument they make. This keeps the show fresh and always fun to watch. Also, panelists like Woody Paige and Jay Mariotti always have something to say to each other. Overall this show is great. One of the best shows of its kind.
  • Woody Paige is the man!

This show is great because it has 4 sports writers discussing 10 good topics in a great format.
    I like it because of Woody Paige and Kevin Blackinstone, they bring some really good points to the show and make me laugh a lot as well.
    Whoever came up with this show is a genius and Tony Reali is a good host. I try my best to catch it when it comes on and when I do it does not disappoint.
    It's a show that is great if you're a sports fan.
  • I make sure I never miss this show on weekdays. I could watch it for hours and hours, very fun to watch.

I make sure I never miss this show on weekdays. I could watch it for hours and hours, very fun to watch. They bring great facts to sports, in every show, and they give you a game show feeling to it. Much like another one of my favorites, Stump the Shwab.
  • Tony Reali is one of the best moseraters on all of television and the cast is very stable and witty.

This show started out as a Max Kellerman vehicle for his own career and the show suffered. Once the big wigs at ESPN got rid of Max the show took on the identity that it should have had all along. The writers including Jay Marriotti, Woody Paige, Bill Plascke, J.A. Adande, and Micheal Smith this show has seemingly an endless supply of talent that they can bring on to fill the void for a half-hour. Love that Reali. He knows how to give the questions up to the experts but also he knows when to give his own opinion and especially knows how to handle the panel. This show is a perfect complimant to PTI and an overall great show that every sports fan should find interesting.
  • good show

this show is a sports show that has a panel of writers for newspapers. the host is Toni Reali. the main man of the panel is Woody Paige he is always getting muted and it is so funny. it is one of the best espn original entertainment series. better than Pardon the interruption, madden nation, and many other shows on espn. other panelists include Jay Mariotti, J. A. Adande, Tim Cowlishaw, Bill Plaschske, and other people. they competete against each other and try to get the most points be arguing the lastest sports topics. it is a good sports show and something good to watch during the day.
  • funny show

Yeah, this is a pretty good show. Woddy Paige is funny. I loike this show 'cause it's so much better then those pther sport talk shows. They just talk and bore me to death. Boring. They amke it funny. That's why this is good. I'm just wondering is what's with all the different talking people?
  • great show

• good show

tony reali is the host of the hip show that keeps you up to date with sports in a smart informitive way. Tony reali sits in front of four tv screens where theres a person in each of them. There are topics about the new sports stuff around the world you answer questions and you get points from tony reali if you say something that is actually resonabble. I enjoy this show because it tells you whats going on in sports in a competitive interesting way. Most people are funny in it espeicially woody page. If you want to stay up to date in a fun way watch around the horn.
  • Good sports show with a usual nice group of Columnists.

I've seen hundreds of shows and it still going pretty good. It can be informative, funny, and most of all entertaining. There are discussions of various sports topics among four different sports columnists and awards points for good arguments. In addition, he can mute columnists for 10 seconds, which also subtracts a point from their score. He can also subtract points for poor arguments or when contestants try to change the subject. At the end of the second and third rounds of discussion a columnist is eliminated, until only two are left for the final "Showdown" round. The winner of the showdown is given 20 to 30 uninterrupted seconds to comment on any topic.
  • This is the pinnacle of sports forums.

This show, along with others on ESPN, culminate such illustrious opinions across the nation of our top accredited writers and manage to fit it into 30 minutes every day. Each episode gives us four intelligent sports writers who's opinions do not go unchallenged by others. I love the show, it grows more interesting each week, but yet my all time favorite part was non-sports related. Who can ever forget the cat that fell 8 stories and lived? And then who can ever forget Bill Plaschke's reaction? "That's the arrogance of cats" will live in my mind forever.
  • THE best sports show

the scoring system may be a little biased, but the show rocks. it\'s not meant to be the serious \"debating\" side of sports. it definately does the job of breaking down the most recent happenings of the sports world, and sometimes non, and brings together 4 different perspectives from highly recognized sports writers. plus, could tony BE any hotter??

• Great show but needs fine tuning.

Tony Reali is a decent host on Around the Horn but I personally liked Max Kellerman better. Woody Paige is the best panelist on the show period, and he has a good rivalry with Jay Mariotti; they're always taking shots at each other(although Mariotti sucks). Michael Smith is also a good panelist. This show is starting to get boring since they never talk about anything different. It's always "Why does Larry Brown have a headache?" or "Is Reggie going to the Texans?" or something else that has to do with basketball. It's very sad and pathetic that they actually talk about Tom Cruise having a baby instead of the NHL season wrapping up with the playoffs being set or the rangers choking away the division, or something like that. Lets talk about Anna Benson instead(yes I'm being sarcastic) A good show with good panelists and a decent hosts, but they need to put more NHL and more variation into the show otherwise I won't watch anymore.
  • Around the Horn is a daily sports talk show on ESPN. It consists of 4 sports columnists from around the country debating current sports issues. Host Tony Reali and panelists such as Jay Mariotti, Woody Paige, and Bob Ryan keep the show going.

I especially enjoy the panelists that they have on the show, they are all very good and unique. Tony Reali does a good job at hosting, as did Max Kellerman when he was the host.

Different rounds of debate along with eliminations make the show more exciting. This is really a must watch show for any sports fan.
  • Great show that has fallen off the pace since the exit of Max Kellerman.

6.2
    When Around the Horn aired in its original form with Max Kellerman at the helm and Woody Paige, Bob Ryan, and Jay Mariotti as the principal personalities, I never missed an episode of this baby. Even as Bob Ryan was phased out and other subpar commentators became regulars (Blackistone, Plaschke, Adande), the show maintained its edge with the Paige-Mariotti-Kellerman dynamic. However, the loss of Kellerman and the substitution of "Statboy" Reali dealt the show a huge blow. Reali does a cheap imitation of Kellerman - and one devoid of the stinging comebacks and insults that Kellerman dished out. Reali ruined the show to the point that I cannot even watch it any more. A 9/10 for the original, a 4/10 for the late version.
< 1 2