Discussion
Sep 21, 2013
Final Four: Arrested Development Character Posters

After two rounds of poster battles four Arrested Development posters remain. Now it's time to name a champion - choose your favorite Arrested Development character poster.

1) The Dove

2) The Cutoffs

3) George Michael

4) Lucille

poll

Other poster polls:
Arrested Development Character Poster
Arrow
Bates Motel
Being Human ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 11, 2013
Round 2: Arrested Development Character Poster

A few days ago we all took a nice long look at the wonderful character posters that Netflix created for Season 4 of our beloved Arrested Development. However, I am always insatiably curious about what poster truly represents the essence of a show - whether it be due to a great inside reference (so many for this show), a love of a specific character (I'm looking at you Eric), or just simply because it looks awesome (special hello to Fringe and American Horror Story, and so many others).

In any case in Round 1 (feel free to click and continue voting!) we had the characters battle themselves to determine which poster everyone loved for each character. That mission accomplished, it's time to have the characters battle it out for the best overall character poster. Before we begin, here are a few interesting notes (to me) from Round 1. Buster ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 08, 2013
Arrested Development Character Posters: Why are you hitting yourself?
Netflix went all out with the return of Arrested Development this year and put out close to 20 posters for the season (thank you!). Each character in the series got two posters - one of themselves with a witty line and one of their iconic moments. Which do you think was ...Read more
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Arrested Development

Join in on the Arrested Development general show discussion.

Discussion
Aug 01, 2013
Did "all at once" hurt Arrested Development season four?

I was a bit disappointed by season four. AD was a great show through the first three seasons, but four rang hollow for me.

It is my belief that Netflix's "all at once" distribution model effectively killed off AD. Here's my theory: After years of clamoring for more, the fans were given a massive dose of mediocre episodes that make the dullest moments in season three seem brilliant by comparison.

It's like rediscovering some treat from your childhood. You remember how wonderful it was back in the day, so you binge on it. But something about the recipe has changed -- corn syrup in place of real sugar, no more trans fat, etc. -- and it just doesn't taste the same. After working through an entire box of Mike and Ike's (or whatever) you're done. Your appetite has been ruined.

Had the episodes been parceled out ...

Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 15 Season 4
Blockheads
Aired
Episode 14 Season 4
Off The Hook
Aired
Episode 13 Season 4
It Gets Better
Aired
Episode 12 Season 4
Señoritis
Aired
Episode 11 Season 4
A New Attitude
Aired
Michael Bluth
George Michael Bluth
George Oscar "Gob" Bluth II
Byron "Buster" Bluth
Tobias Fünke

The Emmy Award-winning comedy series ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT revolves around MICHAEL BLUTH (Jason Bateman), the "normal" one in a family of crazies, who is forced to stay in Orange County and run the family real estate business after his father, GEORGE BLUTH SR. (Jeffrey Tambor), is sent to prison for shifty accounting practices. While George Sr. spent the last year in the slammer discovering his newfound Judaism and recording inspirational tapes, Michael spent it picking up the pieces and trying to teach his offbeat family how to live without an endless expense account. All the while, Michael has also been trying to do right by his 14-year-old son, GEORGE MICHAEL (Michael Cera), an earnest kid who works diligently at the family's frozen banana stand. The Bluths are led by manipulative matriarch LUCILLE BLUTH (Jessica Walter), a socialite who is as icy as her martinis. Then there's the oldest son, GOB (Will Arnett), a womanizer and struggling magician (sorry, "illusionist") whose biggest trick will be to make a real job appear. The youngest brother is BUSTER (Tony Hale), a neurotic professional grad student and glorified mama's boy (he spent 11 months in the womb). The Bluth siblings are rounded out by cause-obsessed sister LINDSAY (Portia de Rossi), who is married to the hapless TOBIAS (David Cross), a doctor-turned-actor who might get more work if he wasn't a self-proclaimed "never-nude." Lindsay and Tobias are the ultra-permissive parents of MAEBY (Alia Shawkat), a 14-year-old who loves finding unique ways to rebel against their overindulgence.

moreless