Arrested Development

Fakin' It

Aired Unknown Feb 10, 2006 on Netflix

• Making a mockery of the... mock trial!

As the only episode I had left to see in the series, upon buying the dvd, I tried not to raise my hopes too much for the last new episode I would ever see of Arrested Development so I could still enjoy it. But I didn't have to worry as this episode is now probably in my top ten favourite episodes, with hilarious moments with Gob installing a "My Name is Judge" chip in Franklin yet still mouthing the words and Nichael discovering he has a new sister (which I figured having seen the next episode months before).

Overall, this could be one of the best episodes in season 3 and really shows the humour of Arrested Development.
  • George Sr. orchestrates a mock trial to prepare the family for the real thing. Buster goes into a coma to avoid testifying. Michael finds out there may be a N. Bluth in his family and George Michael and Maeby participate in a mock wedding.

It’s very sad that this is the beginning of the end but at least they are going out with a bang. This episode is just classic Arrested Development. The usual feud between Michael, and George Sr., Lindsey and Tobias alternating between giving up on there marriage and trying to save it, GOB trying to be noticed, and Buster attempting some ridiculous stunt for little or no reason with Lucille tagging along.

The reason why I gave this episode a 9.9 (which is almost as low as I’ll go with AD episodes is because of William Hung, I hate him and I don’t think that he is funny at all. And I hate FOX for keeping him around for so long. But besides that part the episode was wonderful.

Note: I was going to do a list of quotes I liked from this episode but it got to be ridiculously long so I’ll submit them to the quotes section.
  • This episode is the great start to the big finish of this season. I they put the level high for the ending with this!

First Michael tries to prove to his father that he can defend the family, but everyone just thinks he’s working against them. The train for the big jury trial, the Bluth’s occur on a court show on TV. A great idea, especially because I so liked the jury.
    Meanwhile Buster fakes a come. That’s really interesting, especially because his entire family knows that he’s faking it.
    George Michel and Maeby get married by accident.

The best parts of this episode is the new found secret room, where anyone is stores thing, but officially nobody knows about this room.
    And the big search for Nellie starts. Does the Bluth’s have a long lost daughter? Michel is starting the search, but the big finny problem that anyone calls Tobias by that name too.