Arrested Development Movie

Would you watch an Arrested Development movie?

piano_pimp

[21]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    the movie might actually do well (if it ever gets made), because, unlike tv, a good movie doesn't require a prolonged committment, and movies that are truly good do attract views via word of mouth......but who knows
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

slainmonkey

[22]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 9
    I really hope the films gets made because Arrested Development was another show on Fox's big list of shows they've abused

buffyjl

[23]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 20
    Adeir wrote:

I love the show, but I don't think I could sit through a whole movie. I'm afraid there are gonna be so much jokes and innuendos in it, I'll miss half of them, which would frustrate me.

Every episode is packed with about two jokes per second, imagine that experience for 90 minutes.

I'll wait for the dvd.

Very good point. I usually record the half hour show, then watch it twice that night to catch all the jokes.

jacksback21

[24]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 28
    A movie would be so awesome, but I won't believe till I actually see it.

guywiththeeye

[25]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 4

There is an arrested development movie coming out.  However, its like a buddy-cop movie that has no relationship to the show.  Maybe thats were this rumor came from, but I don't think this show will ever become a movie.  It would probably work better as maybe like a small series that would tie up the ending, possibly a striaght to dvd thing or broadcasting I think thats whats best for the show, will it ever happen?  If sales are as high as I'm led to believe than hopefully we'll see something.

zift88

[26]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    As much as I would love to see an Arrested movie (And trust me, I would drop down on my knees and start bowing to what ever it is up there if that would ever happen) I don't think anyone would want to invest in a faild series. I wish though, because I think it could work as a movie, The whole show is basiclly one episode stretched into three seasons in my opinion.

HilljaFuFu

[27]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 22
    guywiththeeye wrote:

There is an arrested development movie coming out. However, its like a buddy-cop movie that has no relationship to the show. Maybe thats were this rumor came from

Dude...WHAT are you talking about?

uglyhippos

[28]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 8
    I would die for watching Arrested Development movie. The end of the 3rd Season feels like there is suposed to be another movie  or season following it.

wayne827

[29]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    I'd die for an Arrested movie too. But they better make it quickly (like within the next year) or it'll never happen...

- In two years Will Arnett is going to be a major movie star (my prediction, at least). - Jason Bateman seems to be going into a different direction entirely (I mean, I nearly choked on my soda when I saw the trailer for "The Kingdom")

- Cera and Shawkat are going to be too old. Unless the movie takes place several years after the finale (which, I don't know how I'd respond to that...I could handle a prequel to the series, but then Cera and Shawkat would probably have the be re-cast and I don't know how I'd respond to that either). - Portia seems pretty content just raking in Ellen's money right now.

- Tony Hale is doing Andy Barker now (if it hasn't already been cancelled...that is...)

Jessica Walter, Jeffery Tambor, and David Cross would probably come back...but even that I'm not too positive about. But to sum everything up, a movie needs to be done ASAP. Maybe AD would make a come back? Star Trek, anyone?

jaded531

[30]Apr 2, 2007

uglyhippos wrote:
    I would die for watching Arrested Development movie. The end of the 3rd Season feels like there is suposed to be another movie  or season following it.

On the season 3 DVD commentary for the last episode, Jason Bateman mentions that he has an idea for the movie.  It seems like a longshot at this point, but it's always worth hoping for!

RandomWeasel

[31]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    guywiththeeye wrote:

However, its like a buddy-cop movie that has no relationship to the show. Maybe thats were this rumor came from, but I don't think this show will ever become a movie.

Actually, the rumor came from the cast and crew expressing a desire to make a movie. We're not so desperate that we wouldn't look into that XD
    zift88 wrote:

As much as I would love to see an Arrested movie (And trust me, I would drop down on my knees and start bowing to what ever it is up there if that would ever happen) I don't think anyone would want to invest in a faild series.

I dunno, it worked for Firefly
    HilljaFuFu wrote:
    Dude...WHAT are you talking about?
    He's talking about this: http://www.hollywood.com/moviedetail/Arrested_Development/3462972 http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3230295 However, if we're really lucky, this information could turn out to be a ruse by the writers to keep the movie under wraps. Back when the Silent Hill movie was being filmed, us fans dealt with the code name of "Centralia" which was used to mislead fans so they wouldn't be swamped or badgered during filming.
    Edited on 04/03/2007 9:47am

jaded531

[32]Apr 6, 2007
    The rumor also came from the "epilogue" on the final episode.  Ron Howard says, "No, I don't see it as a TV show.  How about a movie?"  That started a lot of gossip about maybe there will be one, and the cast and crew were interested and discussing the possibility in interviews, I believe.

stranger12343

[33]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 8
    A movie would work. For the last week I have only watched Arrested Development, with the exeption of half of Lost last night.

DJc2x

[34]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 2

stranger12343 wrote:
    A movie would work. For the last week I have only watched Arrested Development, with the exeption of half of Lost last night.

As Have I. Its A Program You Can Watch And Never Gets Old  

ElmisOriginal

[35]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    A movie would be a bad idea, so many TV show movies are crap, no matter how good the show. AD legacy is best preserved instead of being prostituted out. One of the reason I like AD is that its audience isn't as big as other shows.

numberonecubsfa

[36]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    I do hope one comes about some day.