Cancelled

teresa_lu

[21]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 5
    [This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

b2c3

[22]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 10

Moby1969

[23]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 3

cheezhead430

[24]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 4
    i am so freaking pissed off right now
    i almost cried when i found out
    i want everyone who works at fox or within a 10 mile radius to be fired
    and i hope they win a few more emmys just to stick it to fox
    i hope they pull a family guy but get resurrected on a different station so that fox doesn't reap the benefits
    i HATE FOX

CassieForgen

[25]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 6
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why does this keep happening!!!!! A Curse on you FOX, A curse!

melbye80

[26]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 33
    This is a sad day. I may have gotten into the show al little late, but i feel that it's the best new comedy since The Simpsons

keith_fvzappa

[27]Nov 11, 2005
    It's time to take action of some sort. This show needs to be on a new network.

xxPILLEDxx

[28]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 11
    I hope it can get pick up by another network that can advertise the show it won a damn Emmy how can you not sell a show that's won an Emmy. NBC should pick it up and put it with Scurbs, My Name is Earl, and The Office i believe that it could do great in a spot with those shows.

tvguy23

[29]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 10
    mcj31 wrote:
    I hope FOX doesn't pick it up for a fourth season. Then maybe a new channel can pick it up. Does anyone else think it would be great to have it on NBC with Scrubs. Will and Grace is over this year so next year they will need another comedy.

And maybe a new channel will acctually give the show a chance instead on constant shuffling and no repeats.

I'm lucky here in Australia that Arrested Development and Scrubs are on the same network and air right after each other (Tuesdays 11.30pm 'AD' and 12.00pm 'Scrubs). They'd go well together on NBC.

smartguy_90640

[30]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 15
    actorboy89119 wrote:
    I want to apologize for the cancellation of the show. It is my fault because every program I have ever watched on Fox gets cancelled. Greg the Bunny, John Doe, Firefly, Wonderfalls, Tru Calling, Point Pleasent, The Jury, The Inside, and Now Arrested Development and the freshman comedy Kitchen Confidential. I was hoping this would change when Gail Berman resigned but no such luck. It seems to me that comedys no longer have a place in television. We are plauged to live in a world with nothing but reality shows and dramas. While many dramas are excellent, Lost, Desperate Housewives and MEdium, Many stations seem to have copied hit shows on other networks. Suchas CBS's Ghost Whisperes and the short lived Dr. Vegas. Reality shows are another plauge. While some are excellent contests such as Survivor or the Amazing Race, others seem to just screw with people for pure amusement such as Trading Spouses and others. The Swan is the worst of them all. It sewnds a message to all girls that you need to look like a supermodel to be happy. If you aren't a perfect "10" you will be miserable. Well I apologize for ranting like Michael Savage but i needed to say this

i hate Fox i espcially began to hate them when they cancelled Tru calling with out even giving the second season a chance i mean sure they aired 5/6 eps but they could have at least ended it...i hate fox they don't give shows a chance..just my thoughts....

Moby1969

[31]Nov 11, 2005
    smartguy_90640 wrote:

i hate Fox i espcially began to hate them when they cancelled Tru calling with out even giving the second season a chance i mean sure they aired 5/6 eps but they could have at least ended it...i hate fox they don't give shows a chance..just my thoughts....

Oh yeah, the Tru Calling cancellation would have to go down in infamy as one of the most nastiest ill timed cancellations EVER.

punk86

[32]Nov 11, 2005

Fadetomydesign

[33]Nov 11, 2005
    This is by far the best sitcom I have ever seen. I will mourn the loss of it for the rest of my life.

bignate150

[34]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 21
    Here's the article:

Fox Cancels Arrested Development

The network is also pulling Kitchen Confidential.
    Friday, November 11, 2005
    United Press International

It looks like bad news on the horizon for Fox TV's Monday night comedies, Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential.

The network announced it was pulling both comedies for the remainder of the November sweeps period in favor of repeats of Prison Break, TV Week reported Thursday.

Although both comedies have been reviewed favorably, neither has caught on with viewers.

Fox has not ordered a full season's slate of episodes for either show yet and is not expected to, TV Week said.

Copyright Yellowbrix 2005

eatcacti

[35]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 16
    ******* ******-****ing ***** ****-****ing *****s!

Why do the good [shows] die young?

numberonecubsfa

[36]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 6
    What the guy before me said.

X2006

[37]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 13
    FOX can **** **** **** ****......

This show should not be cancelled, and the same goes for Futurama, but it's too late for that.

If we want this show to stay on the air just write to FOX and tune in and buy the seasons.

That's all I got.

overlordr1

[38]Nov 12, 2005
    The Critic was picked up by ABC for one season after FOX cancelled it, CBS's JAG (not a fan) was originally an NBC show, and NBC cancelled and brought back the Judd Hirsch vehicle Dear John THREE times, eventually filming and airing almost 90 episodes over a five year period. Though I'm not at all a fan, Stargate SG-1 is still going strong with new episodes for the syndication market, three years after Showtime gave it the axe. That brings up an even better precedent: The awful Arli$$ (for the life of me I've never met anyone who liked the show) ran for seven years on HBO, and despite the low ratings for the new season, Curb Your Enthusiasm will likely remain on the network until Larry David decides to call it quits. If fans make enough noise, that combined with the awards will make someone take a second look. It WOULD fit in great with the higher-profile shows on Comedy Central (South Park, Reno 911, Drawn Together), or HBO or Showtime for that matter.

FOX could shift AD to FX and it would automatically be their second or third-rated show (and their top-rated sitcom by a country mile). It looks grim, but the resurrection of Family Guy gives hope to AD fans. So keep the commentary flowing, especially on the FOX website; shrill is okay, but measured is better. And keep it clean; let's look like the smart breed of fans we are.

jekyll

[39]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 86
    xxPILLEDxx wrote:
    I hope it can get pick up by another network that can advertise the show it won a damn Emmy how can you not sell a show that's won an Emmy. NBC should pick it up and put it with Scurbs, My Name is Earl, and The Office i believe that it could do great in a spot with those shows.
    Let's get the idea out of all our heads right now that a major network will be interested in picking up AD. No one's dying to add a show to their lineup that gets around 4 million viewers. If someone picks the show up, it'll be a cable network that could possibly make their money back by being able to re-air each episode tons of times.

jekyll

[40]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 86
    Here's who to write to, with a handwritten letter. I cannot emphasize the handwritten part enough. Because they take longer, it shows you care and they're worth about 5 typed letters/e-mails:

Peter Liguori
    President of Entertainment
    FOX Broadcasting
    10201 West Pico Blvd.
    Building 100, Room 4450
    Los Angeles CA 90035

Marcy Ross
    Senior Vice President of Current Programming
    FOX Broadcasting
    10201 West Pico Blvd
    Building 100, Room 4150
    Los Angeles, CA 90035

Send letters to both people. I sent letters to both last year to help save the show and looks like we need to do it again.