Cancelled

EvilSausage

[41]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 8
    Reruns of the show will probably pop up somewhere, eventually.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sixsixtysix

[42]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 9
    so they cancel this, yet keep king of the hill. booooo!

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[43]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 10
    sixsixtysix wrote:
    so they cancel this, yet keep king of the hill. booooo!

Not to mention that crap they call Stacked and The War at Home. What the hell??

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[44]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 10
    I know this is totally off the topic and I'm sorry but is it at all possible for whoever stamped this thread so it stays on top to make a quick trip over to the Nip/Tuck forum and place a stamp on a thread titled "who is the carver" with about 200 comments or so? We keep getting these new threads popping up constantly that are all pretty much exactly the same and theyre all about the carver. It would be greatly appreciated if you could and again.. sorry for being so off topic.

Sabbage34

[45]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 9
    Come on everyone a AD blood drive we just need to donate every last ounce each to make FOX bring it back.

Seriously when I heard about it yesterday it happened to be the worst day all year for me .

ragegamerguy

[46]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 2
    That's not what I wanted to hear.

diggy85

[47]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 12
    The only show in history to be cancelled and brought back on the very same network is Family Guy on FOX. The only hope there is, I think, is for another channel (ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO?) to pick it up and try it out. Hopefully, this is what will happen, because this show is excellent and one of very few new shows that I still watch on television.

DoctorElect

[48]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 7
    As much I would love NBC to pick it up and crush fox with the pairing of it and The Office(scrubs would be good but they have different audiences). I don't watch The Office but it gets good ratings and has a similiar audience. I think a cable network would be good because rating don't matter as much on cable.

mikecanada

[49]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 13
    overlordr1 wrote:
    The Critic was picked up by ABC for one season after FOX cancelled it

Actually it started off on ABc and then moved to Fox

LyonUser

[50]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 1
    This is very sad news. We need to do everything we can to bring this show back. A great show such as Arrested Development is rare on TV these days, we can't afford to loose it.

pisceandreams

[51]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 40
    I've never watched the show, but I'm sorry to hear it's been cancelled, as it seemed to have been an edgy, original show. FOX knows nothing about television programming. Afterall, this is the network that once cancelled Family Guy!!!???...

Unimaginative12

[52]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    I can't believe Fox would do something like this again! I still haven't gotten over them cancelling Wonderfalls (got the DVD's off Netflix recently and My Name is Earl brought back fond memories of it) and now they cancel my new favorite show. Every single time they make a show that's even slightly out there except Family Guy which should have stayed cancel and not given a virtual copy while other shows got cancelled (although Firefly did get its own movie, but that movie was really good).

jam842a

[53]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 2
    i really hope it gets picked up by another channel, Comedy central even hbo

kph1324

[54]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 6
    Have all episodes been completed that will be shown? Or will they have an opportunity to make a decent resolution to the plot lines with some remaining episodes?

robwest

[55]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 4
    I am so disappointed with Fox. First, they move AD to chess club night and then put Prison Break on in place of it. I did not enjoy Tivoing AD. See what happens!

eatcacti

[56]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 16
    kph1324 wrote:
    Have all episodes been completed that will be shown? Or will they have an opportunity to make a decent resolution to the plot lines with some remaining episodes?

Of the 8 episodes left, 5 have yet to be produced (at least this is my understanding from what I've read so far).

Soulse

[57]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 4
    I just found out about the cut back of episodes and a possible cancelation. I have recently gotten a some friends to watch the show as well. This is very typical of FOX. I never understood why they moved it to Monday, when most people are working. I just wished they would have kept it on Sunday. It just makes since. Hell, they could at least promotted that they were moving the show to Monday's. I barley saw an add for it. I think I'm just going to stop watching tv all together.

smartguy_90640

[58]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 15
    the thing i hate about Fox and other stations is that they don't realize that their shows do have Fans but since it dosen't meet there needs there like well F the fans and cancell the shows...well F them

p3psii

[59]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 3
    Happy to see it run at least 2 and a half seasons considering it was on the bubble after the first, but want to see more. So please dont close any open-ended plot lines just yet. Show's to expensive to produce to shop to most cable channels. I really hope there is a gambler at NBC that will stick AD inbetween Earl and the office. And plug it as the return of Must see TV on NBC. Critics always said AD was a bigger, faster, stroger Sienfield.

I_Smell_Fishy

[60]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 6
    jekyll wrote:
    xxPILLEDxx wrote:
    I hope it can get pick up by another network that can advertise the show it won a damn Emmy how can you not sell a show that's won an Emmy. NBC should pick it up and put it with Scurbs, My Name is Earl, and The Office i believe that it could do great in a spot with those shows.
    Let's get the idea out of all our heads right now that a major network will be interested in picking up AD. No one's dying to add a show to their lineup that gets around 4 million viewers. If someone picks the show up, it'll be a cable network that could possibly make their money back by being able to re-air each episode tons of times.

Keep in mind that it would still be an attractive pick up. It creates buzz, and that buzz, while not translating into ratings has been very valuable for FOX. CBS and NBC both offer something FOX doesn't. Cross promotion. Between the CBS early show and Today, they have entertainment segments where they can highlight the show and interview the cast.
    It would be a great opportunity for Today to have the EMMY WINNING cast of AD on!