Cancelled

ymike673

[101]Dec 5, 2005
    • level: 11
    Sadly I have to agree. Fox promoted the show last spring and even programmed 4 episode blocks on some nights to get people interested. Nothing seems to work for this show. Sometimes shows fail no matter how much critical aclaim they recieve. Although I wonder if the ratings would have been better had it been scheduled on Sundays between The Simpsons and Family Guy. The show on at that time is just awful. It seems like a rip-off of Married...With Children!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

painterchr

[102]Dec 5, 2005
    • level: 2
    It will be a terrible shame if the network deletes and ruthlessly slaughters this show like so many others. This is the best new show that America's got aside from Two And A Half Men. It's surely can't be cancelled, with it's amazingly clever format it's stands out from the rubbish as being a half-decent show.

musiq143

[103]Dec 5, 2005
    • level: 4
    hi
    i'm a fan from Australia, not aware of what shows are playing when AD is on; i was just wondering what kind of competition AD has faced.

btw it does disapoint me to see such an original show with all its attention to detail not deserve a chance

bamarulz2020

[104]Dec 7, 2005
    • level: 3
    musiq143 wrote:
    hi
    i'm a fan from Australia, not aware of what shows are playing when AD is on; i was just wondering what kind of competition AD has faced.

btw it does disapoint me to see such an original show with all its attention to detail not deserve a chance

The biggest problem isn't as much what it's up against, because Monday nights that early aren't a prime slot. It's more that nobody knows when it's coming on. With no lead in, and scare advertising, it really makes it hard to even keep a number of the casual fans they've had from the start.

It's just a show that's got it's nitch, but when dealing with a network that is always looking for monster ratings, a nitch ain't gonna cut it and that is the problem.

penguin520

[105]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 5
    This weeks episode was awsome. Its the first episodei watched. I llistenined to all the podcasts for season 2 ansome of 3. I also rented disk 1 of the first season. This show is the best. Hopefully well get another season.

p3psii

[106]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 3
    Heard the rumor that only 2 more episodes will be aired, and the last three will be sold on DvD.

Thank you, thank you to all you late comers that finally tuned in after all the awards, all the reviews, all your friends shoveing the season 1 dvd in your face etc. Arrested Development will now forever be a clut classic instead of the traditional sitcom killer it could have been.

ryju1

[107]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 6
    p3psii wrote:
    Heard the rumor that only 2 more episodes will be aired, and the last three will be sold on DvD.

Thank you, thank you to all you late comers that finally tuned in after all the awards, all the reviews, all your friends shoveing the season 1 dvd in your face etc. Arrested Development will now forever be a clut classic instead of the traditional sitcom killer it could have been.

They'll be airing four more episodes (totalling 10) then the final three will be on DVD.

mikecanada

[108]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 13
    ryju1 wrote:
    p3psii wrote:

They'll be airing four more episodes (totalling 10) then the final three will be on DVD.

Thats all just speculation
    I wouldnt be surprised if they aired them later on in the tv season or during the summer

ymike673

[109]Dec 9, 2005
    p3psii wrote:

So Fox not only cancels the show, they will make us all have to buy the box set to see the final three episodes. This really s..ks!

kbluebig

[110]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 4
    Same crap they did with Firefly.

Having the show on Monday was terrible. I'm a hardcore fan from the beginning and I didn't even realize when it came on until I had to actually search on tvguide.com

Moderate fans of the show may not go that far to find it.

It should have stayed on Sundays.

The only network I can see it on other than Fox is NBC. At least I think they will market it better.

Fox, the best network for cancelling good shows.

ymike673

[111]Dec 9, 2005
    kbluebig wrote:

Having the show on Monday was terrible. I'm a hardcore fan from the beginning and I didn't even realize when it came on until I had to actually search on tvguide.com

The only network I can see it on other than Fox is NBC. At least I think they will market it better.

Show's like Herman's Head had longer runs on Fox than Arrested Developement. What do you expect from a network whose longest running set-coms star animated characters.

Daniel777C

[112]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 31
    FOX IS SOOOO..... ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They cancel Arrested Development AND they cancel Reunion!
    GRRRRRRRR!!!

I_Smell_Fishy

[113]Dec 10, 2005
    ymike673 wrote:
    kbluebig wrote:

Show's like Herman's Head had longer runs on Fox than Arrested Developement. What do you expect from a network whose longest running set-coms star animated characters.

Well, speaking as a fan, Hermans Head was a great show!

FOX is too full of itself now..

ymike673

[114]Dec 12, 2005
    I liked that show also. I just meant it ran longer than Arrested Development and as I remember was always on Sunday Night at 9:30. It was not moved around like Arrested Development has been.

I_Smell_Fishy

[115]Dec 12, 2005
    ymike673 wrote:
    I liked that show also. I just meant it ran longer than Arrested Development and as I remember was always on Sunday Night at 9:30. It was not moved around like Arrested Development has been.

Yeah. That was back in the day when FOX was humble. A show would run, and it was either cancelled or it wasn't. It didn't jump around like they do now.

I'll never forget during the years Married with Children was on. They never found a program to put on afterwards that could pull in any ratings. At the end they just ran hour blocks.

briantw

[116]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 8
    The problem with FOX is that they have no idea how to promote a good thing. All of the previews I've seen for Arrested Development make it look like the show sucks. They pick the moments from episodes that aren't funny(or are running jokes that only hardcore fans are familiar with) and put them on as previews, all the while sopping deuces like Stacked get previews that make me laugh(and that show sucks ass).

If FOX would learn how to promote their Emmy-winners, we'd actually get some quality shows that lasted for more than a season.

At least they haven't cancelled House yet.

overlordr1

[117]Dec 12, 2005
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:
    I'll never forget during the years Married with Children was on. They never found a program to put on afterwards that could pull in any ratings. At the end they just ran hour blocks.

I am probably the only one who remembers the worst show they tried to marry with Married, from around 1991: This awful piece of crap spinoff of the show called Top of the Heap. It took this minor recurring character, "Boochie" I think he was called, and his father, and put them in a situation of trying to socialize with rich elites in a hotel they worked at (managed by Rita Moreno, who should have known better than to be on this show), instead of actually working. I was not sure I would see a FOX show this bad ever again--and then came Stacked.

Anyway, what was with FOX referring to the second episode of AD that aired Monday as a "classic" episode? They have treated an arguably classic show in a classless way. FOX execs would use an unearthed, unpublished Shakespeare play as toilet paper.

I looked up the show I mentioned and it was a Married spinoff. The main character was played by Matt Le Blanc(! ). Oh well, bad then, tolerable by some for a few years as the weakest Friend, and bad again.

ymike673

[118]Dec 13, 2005
    overlordr1 wrote:
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:

I am probably the only one who remembers the worst show they tried to marry with Married, from around 1991: This awful piece of crap spinoff of the show called Top of the Heap. It took this minor recurring character, "Boochie" I think he was called, and his father, and put them in a situation of trying to socialize with rich elites in a hotel they worked at (managed by Rita Moreno, who should have known better than to be on this show), instead of actually working. I was not sure I would see a FOX show this bad ever again--and then came Stacked.

Anyway, what was with FOX referring to the second episode of AD that aired Monday as a "classic" episode? They have treated an arguably classic show in a classless way. FOX execs would use an unearthed, unpublished Shakespeare play as toilet paper.

I looked up the show I mentioned and it was a Married spinoff. The main character was played by Matt Le Blanc(! ). Oh well, bad then, tolerable by some for a few years as the weakest Friend, and bad again.

Amazingly Matt's character in this show was a lot like his character of Joey on "Friends" and "Joey". But this show was awful. But I still thought the worst Fox sit-com ever was the one about the 5 people who survived a nuclear holocaust!. By the way I think this show was also on after "Married...With Children."

overlordr1

[119]Dec 13, 2005
    ymike673 wrote:
    Amazingly Matt's character in this show was a lot like his character of Joey on "Friends" and "Joey". But this show was awful. But I still thought the worst Fox sit-com ever was the one about the 5 people who survived a nuclear holocaust!. By the way I think this show was also on after "Married...With Children."

I remember it! I just don't remember the name. I recall some guy asking another guy to sing "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" and the second guy getting mad because he was asked to sing it in a different key than it called for. That was awful. Herman's Head was solid (I watched the two full seasons, I lost interest when they added the more slickly-done narrated opening sequence for the short final season), but, wow, it was an absolute prize compared to the newest FOX sitcoms. FOX programmers have clearly given up on trying to make a good one with the passing of AD.

amethyst-eyes

[120]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 1
    damn that was a good show they haven't announced cancelling it but going from 22 to 13 episodes per season that totally means that they are about to cancel. but didn't it win an emmy from like the first season. but if you think about it the show is about micheal bluth tring to win control over his dad's company. so obviously they can't base the entire plot of the show for like ten seasons they should either change the plot of the show or just end it brilliantly. cause that's what i thought when i first watched it.