TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Cancelled

sornypanafonic

[141]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 1
    kEUGER wrote:
    FOX is cancelling AD, whats next is it gonna pour coffee on my $3,000 suite? Cmon!!!!!

AHAHHAHAAA

yeah this show needs to go on. someone should make it their trophy show, just so they can go like "Showtime WON 5 EMMYS FOR COMEDY THIS YEAR!!" when marketing, then they can have other shows get ratings, and we can continue enjoying our show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KalVarnsen

[142]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 11
    On the upside, it went out before they ran out of ideas (even though i doubt that would happen). Plus, when you want more, it makes you appriciate the episodes you have seen.

timize

[143]Dec 31, 2005
    • level: 6
    aspydergirl wrote:
    It makes me sad that so many American's are just too stupid to understand this great show. So many great comedies bite the dust.
    (To a previous poster...I loved Wonderfalls!)

That comment is way out of line. Sure, some people won't bother to watch "Arrested," but, in my opinion, it's FOX's fault. They placed "AD" in a terrible time slot, and their methods of promoting "AD" is really sad.

CACross2

[144]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    Okay. I have to say something about this. According to AP, Fred Savage, a child star from the 80's is starring in a new ABC sitcom about a dysfunctional family that runs a restaurant business.

He says...and I quote..."``Crumbs'' appealed to him because it didn't have ``that set-up/set-up/joke pattern that has come to define sitcom. I liked that it was about the characters, about the family"

Fred Savage plays a gay man with a failed acting career. The show will supposedly..."be about families, and the secrets that families keep from each other..."

Let the rip-offs begin!

Now this show may have eventually made it to the air had "Arrested Development" not been so critically acclaimed and won the Emmy. However, I'm envisioning someone in a room somewhere with a slew of writers in front of him saying, "Bring me an "Arrested Development type of show!" So, an original, intelligent, and side-splittingly funny show gets the axe, we the viewers have to content ourselves with a watered-down AD-lite, and all the while, the people over at FOX are too brain-addled to hold on to what they have. It really is a sad comment on the status quo of the corporate mind and the state of television.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[145]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 10
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:
    I'll never forget during the years Married with Children was on. They never found a program to put on afterwards that could pull in any ratings. At the end they just ran hour blocks.

Then they moved it to Monday night just like they did with AD and it ended up being cancelled without even getting a final episode because nobody watched on Monday nights. You'd think those morons at FOX would learn from their mistakes.

As for this though:
    overlordr1 wrote:
    ymike673 wrote:
    Amazingly Matt's character in this show was a lot like his character of Joey on "Friends" and "Joey". But this show was awful. But I still thought the worst Fox sit-com ever was the one about the 5 people who survived a nuclear holocaust!. By the way I think this show was also on after "Married...With Children."

I remember it! I just don't remember the name. I recall some guy asking another guy to sing "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" and the second guy getting mad because he was asked to sing it in a different key than it called for. That was awful. Herman's Head was solid (I watched the two full seasons, I lost interest when they added the more slickly-done narrated opening sequence for the short final season), but, wow, it was an absolute prize compared to the newest FOX sitcoms. FOX programmers have clearly given up on trying to make a good one with the passing of AD.

I just remember his name was Vinny Verducci. Not sure what the name of the show was though.

alsaker85

[146]Jan 5, 2006
    Spawn_3005 wrote:
    Definitely, FOX is only about cheap sex jokes and humor a monkey would find redundant. It's should go to ABC or any other channel that doesn't have the leters F-O-X.

P.S. Does anyone know how I can add shows to "My Favorites" list?

ABC is full of sitcoms like According to Jim and Hope and Faith. 'Nuff said.

deathcab15

[147]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    Fox has got to be the dumbest network ever. i mean who would cancell an emmy award winning show and keep other crap on the air like stacked...its crazy!

timize

[148]Jan 8, 2006
    deathcab15 wrote:
    Fox has got to be the dumbest network ever. i mean who would cancell an emmy award winning show and keep other crap on the air like stacked...its crazy!

They apparantly like to air big breasts rather than keep the good stuff.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[149]Jan 8, 2006
    I'll admit I've caught myself watching Stacked a couple times just because I was staring at her chest the whole time but I've NEVER thought anything they've ever said or done on there was funny. I don't have a Nielsen box or whatever though so it doesn't matter what I watch. Hell.. even That 70s Show is absolutely TERRIBLE now and I actually used to love othat show.

Traece

[150]Jan 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    Don't blame Fox too much, they've stuck with the show and its poor ratings for longer than most networks would. Blame all the idiots who don't watch shows like this, and then complain how there's nothing but crap on TV.

justjustinjay

[151]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    I do blame Fox you have an Emmy and Golden Globe winning show, whatever advestising was done for the show I certainly never saw it, there is absolutly no need for a show of this caliber to be cancelled. Fox never seemed like the right network for a show of its brilliance let them air another episode of Tempation Island,War at Home, American Dad or some other piece of garbage like those shows. the Simpsons has consitently sucked for the past what? Nine years and Family Guy is virtually unwatchable now. I wish Arrested Development would be moved to NBC on Thursday night right before Earl I think that would be a perfect place instead of that Four Kings garbage. Then I could watch Arrested and The Office in one night..hey I can dream can't I. I don't see Arrested leaving for long if Showtime doesn't or can't pick it up someone will..they have to.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[152]Jan 25, 2006
    justjustinjay wrote:
    I do blame Fox you have an Emmy and Golden Globe winning show, whatever advestising was done for the show I certainly never saw it

That's because there wasn't really any other than one or two spots before every episode. lol.

They were too busy promoting that crap they call Prison Break.
    Edited on 01/25/2006 7:58pm
    Edited 2 total times.

tjaman

[153]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 32
    Meh, PB had its moments. And I support the continued production of anything starring someone from the Whedonverse. You heard me correctly. I wish Seth Green success in everything he does for the rest of his life because he was occasionally furry in a Joss production.

Traece

[154]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 2
    tjaman wrote:
    Meh, PB had its moments. And I support the continued production of anything starring someone from the Whedonverse. You heard me correctly. I wish Seth Green success in everything he does for the rest of his life because he was occasionally furry in a Joss production.

Have you actually seen "Four Kings?" And you're wishing it success? Now that's real dedication.

I_Smell_Fishy

[155]Feb 5, 2006
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:
    I'll never forget during the years Married with Children was on. They never found a program to put on afterwards that could pull in any ratings. At the end they just ran hour blocks.

Then they moved it to Monday night just like they did with AD and it ended up being cancelled without even getting a final episode because nobody watched on Monday nights. You'd think those morons at FOX would learn from their mistakes.

I think I have to disagree. I'm going from memory, but I'm pretty sure I caught most of the last season. They built up a marriage to Kelly, and then called it off at the last minute. It was leading up to a happy feelgood ending, and then it took the Bundy turn. So no, it didn't get a big sendoff, but they wrapped it up in their own way.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[156]Feb 5, 2006
    I remember when I was watching the E! True Hollywood Story, they were talking about how they were on hiatus and FOX cancelled them without even telling them. Then one day the actors got calls from the producers telling them that it was over. That still takes a lot of nerve for FOX to do that to the show that started the network off though.

ymike673

[157]Feb 6, 2006
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:
    I_Smell_Fishy wrote:

I think I have to disagree. I'm going from memory, but I'm pretty sure I caught most of the last season. They built up a marriage to Kelly, and then called it off at the last minute. It was leading up to a happy feelgood ending, and then it took the Bundy turn. So no, it didn't get a big sendoff, but they wrapped it up in their own way.

Fox put Married on Saturday night for its last season and after the ratings went no where moved it around the schedule. Then 2 weeks after the suposed last episode Fox aired an episode that had been preempted earier that year so most people did not even know it was on. At least we get to see the last 4 episodes of AWD.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[158]Feb 6, 2006
    I'm all sitting here complaining about something that happened like a decade ago. lol.

tjaman

[159]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 32
    I've never seen "Four Kings." I'm going to this week. I've heard some good things about it, but then some people liked "How I Met Your Mother" just because Aly was in it, and I couldn't watch an entire episode it was so bad.

I wish her well, of course ...

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[160]Feb 7, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    I've never seen "Four Kings."

I watch "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" which come on right afterwards but I've never tried watching that. I wasn't very impressed with the few minutes I've seen though.