Episode Order?

XxJMD1014xX

[1]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Maybe someone can help me out with this. I just got the complete series of Arrested Development on DVD after watching a few episodes on TV and really enjoying it. I'm seriously mad it took me this long to get in to this show.

Anyway, I finished watching disc 1 of Season 1 so far. I noticed today however that all the episode guides for this show say that 'Charity Drive' and 'Visiting Ours' were aired in a different order than they are set up on the DVD. On the DVD, 'Visiting Ours' comes before 'Charity Drive', but when they originally aired, CD came before VO.

Which order should I be watching these episodes? Were they orginally aired in a different order on purpose, or did they make a mistake with the DVD?

I really want to make sure I watch these in the right order as continuity plays a big role on this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XxJMD1014xX

[2]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Well, it looks like the episodes on the DVDs are in the right order. I didn't notice before, but they have the original air dates printed on the DVD cases, and some of the episodes look like they're out of order (the original air date for one episode will be a later date than the one that comes after it on the DVD).

Although it doesn't seem like it would make sense, the plot works in terms of continuity. Does anyone know why some of the episodes were originally broadcast out of order? I'm glad they put them in the right order on the DVDs, I would have been really confused as to why Buster and Lucille 2 were dating in one episode, but seemed to start dating in the very next episode, it wouldn't have made sense.

Maverick-42

[3]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 2

Does anyone know the correct order?

I've been going by the TV.com guide but it doesn't seem quite right on watching it.

jutin77

[4]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 3

The DVDs are in the correct order.

There are little instances past episodes 4-6 but those are the big (1) GOB's in jail (2) GOB breaks outs (3) GOB complains that the warden won't recognize his escape as an escape

a full breakdown is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arrested_Development_episodes

but here's the Season One big mix-up (which are corrected on the DVD but not on Hulu and Netflix)

episodes 4-6 mixup

4th "Key Decisions" (in jail)

5th "Visiting Ours" (breaks out)

6th "Charity Drive" (complains)

the 3 or 4 other episodes in season 1 and 2 with controversy of order are probably best on DVD but really make sense in any train of thought on the mattter... I'm trying to keep this post short...

Edited on 06/28/2012 3:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.