Favorie AD quote or reoccurring joke.

  • Avatar of lennydonkey

    lennydonkey

    [101]Apr 4, 2008
    • member since: 01/25/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 517
    Don't feel to bad for not catching it. It's a fairly normal and seemingly throw away line the first time you hear it. And the second.. and third. It's only after a while that you realize someone says it every time George Michael says something about Ann. Then it's hilarious.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of philyfan23

    philyfan23

    [102]Apr 13, 2008
    • member since: 02/25/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 146
    When Tobias is Mrs. Featherbottom and driving on the wrong side of the road ...

    "Oh, I forgot, we're in the colonies now"

    I just love the use of the word "colonies" right there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sydneygirl1206

    sydneygirl1206

    [103]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 03/28/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 238

    MarkKellerman wrote:
    Question 2... What is GOB saying/singing on the tape/cd playing in the background when Marta and Michael are about to get frisky? When Marta proceeds to tell Michael that Gob "likes to make love to it..."
    The tape Gob likes to make love to is himself singing "Love is in the air" made famous in the early 90's in the movie Strictly Ballroom.

    My Favourite Jokes (pretty much the same as everyone else):

    The lessons with J Walter Weatherman.

    George Michael as the star wars kid - "we have to get a new blank tape"

    The various chicken dances/sounds

    I'm Oscar.com

    The Cornballer

    Tobias's cat like reflexes

    In the episode "Bringing Up Buster" when Buster does his speech about Lucille that is completley censored. The looks on Michael, Lindsey and Gob's faces says it all. Michael: "Well no one's gonna top that"

    George Snr in jail telling Michael how much he loves his icecream sandwich. A bit later in the episode you see Lucille on the phone and all she says is "Why don't you marry an icecream sandwich" and hangs up.

    In the 1st episode when Lucille is complaining about the gay protest on the boat and says to Michael" "Everything they do is so flamboyant it makes me want to set my self on fire"

    Edited on 04/15/2008 6:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wehmer

    Wehmer

    [104]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 12/11/04
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21

    Steph__x wrote:
    One of my favourite quotes is-
    Gob's Wife: I'm in love with your brother-in-law.
    Gob: You're in love with your own brother? The one in the army?
    Gob's Wife: No, your sister's husband.
    Gob: Michael? Michael!
    Gob's Wife: No, that's your sister's brother.
    Gob: No, I'm my sister's brother. You're in love with me - me!
    Gob's Wife: I'm in love with Tobias.
    Gob: My brother-in-law?
    Gob's Wife: I know it can never be, so I'm leaving. I'm enlisting in the army.
    Gob: To be with your brother...
    Gob's Wife: No!
    One of the best quotes ever.

    My personal favourite is when Buster and Michael had been bike riding.

    Buster: No Michael, it's over

    Michael: You were flying out there today buddy...

    Buster: Yes, but a little to close to the sun *soft music plays*

    Lucille: You let him out in the sun?!

    Edited on 04/15/2008 8:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sydneygirl1206

    sydneygirl1206

    [105]Apr 16, 2008
    • member since: 03/28/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 238
    One of my favorite quotes that cracks me up every time is:

    Michael (re: MR Bananagrabber): "I guess it would just be a guy who, you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or a banana that grabs things. I don't know. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of The_Beekeeper

    The_Beekeeper

    [106]Apr 19, 2008
    • member since: 07/16/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 819
    For British Eyes Only...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sienster

    sienster

    [108]Jun 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 667
    BearsysRevenge wrote:

    "Taste the Happy, Michael!"

    "Mistah F!"

    "Analrapist"

    "Doo doo doo doo. Doo da doo do doo. Doo Da Doo Doo. Doo Da Doo Da Da Da Do."(GOB's themee song)



    Ha Ha! "Taste the happy Michael".
    Michael - "It tastes a lot like sad".
    One of my favorite lines.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sienster

    sienster

    [109]Jun 11, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 667
    I'm sure you all realize this already...but do you know how jam packed this show is with funny one liners? I mean, in all of these threads we're practically quoting every line that was ever said. I hope the movie is this brilliant, if it's made, that is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JDLover07

    JDLover07

    [110]Jun 11, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 90

    1st of all, I am very excited about the movie. I miss my AD :-(

    and fav repeating moments or one-liners? too many to count, and prob. mostly the same as everyone else's but I will list them anyways

    For British Eyes Only, and Mr.F

    George Michael's Star Wars video

    Tobias' Cut-Offs/never-nude affliction

    "The last time you are going to see these" (followed by flash)

    GOBs magic with "the final countdown" playing

    "Marry me"

    "I've made a huge mistake"

    "Steve Holt"

    just to name a few......ahh terrific show

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JDLover07

    JDLover07

    [111]Jun 11, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 90
    JDLover07 wrote:

    1st of all, I am very excited about the movie. I miss my AD :-(

    and fav repeating moments or one-liners? too many to count, and prob. mostly the same as everyone else's but I will list them anyways

    For British Eyes Only, and Mr.F

    George Michael's Star Wars video

    Tobias' Cut-Offs/never-nude affliction

    "The last time you are going to see these" (followed by flash)

    GOBs magic with "the final countdown" playing

    "Marry me"

    "I've made a huge mistake"

    "Steve Holt"

    just to name a few......ahh terrific show

    and how could I forget?

    The Chicken Dance---my favortie

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kellers43

    kellers43

    [112]Jun 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 224
    I don't know if it's been said but the whole thing with Buster and seals cracks me up everytime
    Edited on 06/19/2008 12:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lyghthouse

    lyghthouse

    [113]Jul 6, 2008
    • member since: 07/13/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,168
    I'm re-watching the series starting from the pilot episode and I have to say that the winking and the zipping up are two running jokes that I neglected to really think about earlier, and which are really funny.

    Such a great show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sienster

    sienster

    [114]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 667
    What is the zipping up? The only winking I can think of is Lucille winking to Michael. Is this what you're referring to?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lyghthouse

    lyghthouse

    [115]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 07/13/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,168
    sienster wrote:
    What is the zipping up? The only winking I can think of is Lucille winking to Michael. Is this what you're referring to?


    The winking occurs a lot in season 1...I'll have to watch 2 and 3 again to see if it continues (that's what I love about this show, always more to notice)... Lucille winks at Michael, Michael winks at Buster, I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them now The zipping up, "zip me up" mostly is with Buster zipping up his mom's dresses, but (I forget which episode) Gob is staying at their mom's for 3 days, ("if I can't convince an immigrant to fall in love with me by then I don't deserve to be here" or something like that) and he leaves because he has to zip up her dress ("it was getting a bit too macabe" (sp)) and then the scene cuts to Michael telling Geore Michael to "zip me up" and George Michael zipping up Michael's backpack

    Another running joke that's probably been mentioned is Tobias's saying something awkward and then quickly excusing himself with an "excuse me" and leaving the room.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [116]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    I dont know about quote so much but reocurring joke..

    Anne-"who?"

    Tobias and his gay tendencies-"Im buy curious" "The Man Inside Me"

    And Buster and how he is about the water/seals like the very last one I think it is where hes in the water and sees a seal and has this look of terror on his face like he just saw a shark haha

    Edited on 07/07/2008 4:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ensanguine

    Ensanguine

    [117]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/13/04
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 29
    Gob-That wasn't a trick Michael.
    *Next time on Arrested Development*
    Gob-It was an illusion!
    *fireball shoots off and catches Tobias on fire*

    I was laughing for about 5 minutes after that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TinyDundie

    TinyDundie

    [118]Jul 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/29/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 14
    I love the George Michael/Micheal exchange about Anne when he tells his father that Anne is in the beauty pageant. He goes through the usual, "Who" and I haven't met Anne routine and then says "Oh Annabelle" and George Michael corrects him with "its just Anne" and Michael says "I know but it helps me remember because her body is kind of shaped like a.......she's the belle of the ball".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sienster

    sienster

    [119]Jul 9, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 667
    lyghthouse wrote:
    sienster wrote:
    What is the zipping up? The only winking I can think of is Lucille winking to Michael. Is this what you're referring to?


    The winking occurs a lot in season 1...I'll have to watch 2 and 3 again to see if it continues (that's what I love about this show, always more to notice)... Lucille winks at Michael, Michael winks at Buster, I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them now The zipping up, "zip me up" mostly is with Buster zipping up his mom's dresses, but (I forget which episode) Gob is staying at their mom's for 3 days, ("if I can't convince an immigrant to fall in love with me by then I don't deserve to be here" or something like that) and he leaves because he has to zip up her dress ("it was getting a bit too macabe" (sp)) and then the scene cuts to Michael telling Geore Michael to "zip me up" and George Michael zipping up Michael's backpack

    Another running joke that's probably been mentioned is Tobias's saying something awkward and then quickly excusing himself with an "excuse me" and leaving the room.


    Duh - I should have figured that one out, but thanks for clarifying. Oh yeah, it's from Season 1's Bringing up Buster which also has that hilarious bleep out moment with Buster dissing his mom!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sienster

    sienster

    [120]Jul 9, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 667
    TinyDundie wrote:
    I love the George Michael/Micheal exchange about Anne when he tells his father that Anne is in the beauty pageant. He goes through the usual, "Who" and I haven't met Anne routine and then says "Oh Annabelle" and George Michael corrects him with "its just Anne" and Michael says "I know but it helps me remember because her body is kind of shaped like a.......she's the belle of the ball".


    Yeah, I love how Michael can never remember her! I cracked up when GM was telling him about how Anne was in a beauty contest and he says, "What is she, running the lights?" and GM says, "It's an inner beauty contest". Then Michael says, "Aha - that's it".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.