Arrested Development Forums

Netflix (ended 2013)

How would you rank Arrested Development amongst the top shows of the decade?

cbcmariners77

[21]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 5
    That statement alone takes all credence away from your ranking of this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cbcmariners77

[22]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 5
    @meee223 You have to remember that all these people posting here have an extreme bias, so it is not representative of the whole TV universe. This is not a TV viewership microcosm.

I'm a media critic. Anybody else who is an accredited media critic knows there is a problem in the question. 01. It asks for a ranking (and then makes some allusion to this being part of "official" rankings... what makes rankings "official?"), but that can be extremely ambiguous. A ranking for what? My FAVORITE show of the decade? Or what I think are the BEST shows? Trust me, there's a difference. 02. Secondly, the decade is just a tiny bit more than halfway done when the question was posed. Obviously, the person meant up until that point, but what happens when it is done too early, is that someone comes up with a list, that has a show rated as, let's just say No. 3 for argument's sake, and then, within the next four years, there are a bunch of other shows that are better. Someone will still point to the list done in 2006 and say that the show was rated as No. 3. Yeah, AT THAT TIME.

"I think if those b*stards at Fox had realized that, they would've thought twice before cancelling it to free up a slot for some other show that nobody remembers."

Really? Fox is after a bottom line, not a show's artistic qualities. If you want to make the statement accurate, it could be something like "I think that if those b*stards around the nation realized how good this show was, and tuned in, Fox would've thought twice before... "

My PERSONAL opinion is that I liked the show. And I laughed HARD every time:

* Oscar alluded to being Buster's father (they ruined it when they forced the joke and Buster finds out).

* Gob has "Final Countdown" come on whenever he does his act.

* Tobias spoke.

However, there are several things that were not effective. I will not put them all down here because I have a feeling this rabid crowd would hunt me down.

So, I won't give and then support an EXACT ranking (on quality or personal preference), but I'll give a general ranking of it is in the Top 10.

MoeLester518

[23]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 7
    It definetly is one of my favorite shows ever. Community, the first 3 seasons of HIMYM, 30 rock are all up there. Archer is also amazing too. It has Jessica Walter(Lucille), Jeffery Tambor(george), and Judy Greer( Kitty) so its basically frisky dingo meets arrested development.

thribs

[24]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 8

I would easily place this show as number one for the decade and for all time it would be in my top five just below 'allo 'allo, which thinking about it,is quite similar to Arrested Development.

Newman

[25]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 1
    It definitely is the best television show of the last decade, and maybe the second greatest show of all time.

goldtop2007

[26]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 14
    My favorite show of all time! The return of Arrested Development has made my year

gilbz

[27]May 31, 2013
    • level: 2
    1)Arrested Development
    2)Community (Season 1-3)
    3)Happy Endings

NathanLabont

[28]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 1

For me it's #2. Breaking Bad will always be #1. Always. Although it is the best comedy ever.