Arrested Development Forums

Netflix (ended 2013)

Tobias on Scrubs Rumors?

Brak001

[1]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 9
    I posted this topic a few months ago and never really got an answer. Anyway, back in like September, Zach Braff said in an interview that David Cross would be guest starring on Scrubs this season and it was 90% likely he'd be playing Tobias Funke. I havent heard or been able to find any info on Cross guest starring (let alone guest starring as Tobias) since September. Has anyone heard anything about this? Did it just fall through?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 86
    Wasn't he also supposedly going to be on The O.C. once, and that fell through? I think those were all just wishful rumors.

DJc2x

[3]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    That Would Be Awsome Tobias Doing His Analrapism PMSL

M_A_X_P_O_W_E_R

[4]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    That would be one of the best scrubs episodes to see David cross play as tobias again but i highly doubt id happen because don't they have to get legal rights and permission from fox or whoever owns the rights to arrested development to use one of their characters in an NBC show, but hey i hope I'm wrong and one day hopefully see tobias on scrubs

Brak001

[5]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 9
    M_A_X_P_O_W_E_R wrote:
    That would be one of the best scrubs episodes to see David cross play as tobias again but i highly doubt id happen because don't they have to get legal rights and permission from fox or whoever owns the rights to arrested development to use one of their characters in an NBC show, but hey i hope I'm wrong and one day hopefully see tobias on scrubs

Mitch Hurwitz owns the rights to Arrested Development and all the characters; and at the time of the article I read, he was going to let the Scrubs writers use Tobias Funke

RandomWeasel

[6]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    Unfortunately, I think that may've been said as a joke or wishful thinking. I wouldn't mind seeing Tobias on Scrubs, that'd be quite awesome, but crossovers are rarely done on canceled/ended shows (however, I recall reading that Sophia from the Golden Girls cameoed on a late 90s show years after the Golden Girls was canceled, so it's certainly possible.) But I think it wasn't meant seriously, unfortunately.