Arrested Development

Meat the Veals

Aired Unknown Apr 03, 2005 on Netflix

• song help!!

does anyone know the name of the song that is briefly played at the end of of this episode (season 2 episode 16) where ann tells goerge micheal they should start doing it and the camera centers on george I have been trying to figure this out forever, I would really appreciate the help!
  • One of the best episodes so far

A great episode that relies on multiple subplots that have been introduced and matured throughout the season. The family meets Ann's parents during an anniversary dinner in which George Bluth, Sr finally comes out of the attic and confronts his brother about their mutual love for Lucille. The ann-is-ugly jokes are great and expanded based on the fact that her mother is good looking ("next you'll say I am Ann's sister" "I would never say that"). The entire sequence at the church is another great example of how Arrested Development creates threads throughout a single episode which all come together at the end in a hilarious knot of comedy gold. This is a great episode.
  • Meeting the veals isn't quite the turnout Michael expected.

Another classic from season two, this episode is one of my favourites because of everyone’s reaction, especially George Sr’s, to Gob’s puppet, Franklin who is a fantastic contribution to this hilarious episode with many great scenes such as Tobias finding out everyone knew he was Mrs Feather-bottom, Gob finding his father, though not realising it at first, and the shock that Bland Ann has a hot mother.

George Sr and Oscar fighting was brilliantly shot and acted for the end of the episode and was a hilarious end to this truly classic episode where the one time Michael’s family doesn’t let him down, they let him down by doing so.
  • Michael tries to ruin his son\\\'s pre-engagement without being the bad guy while Gob introduces Franklin for the first time... great stuff

its pretty hard to find a standout episode in a show this good, but meet the veals has always been one of my favourites.

watching michael try to sabotage his sons happiness by intoducing the veals was such a great idea... its strange he didn\\\'t think of it earlier. the zoom in on franklin in the \\\"tension\\\" secene inside the limo made me laugh so hard, and watching buster use him at the end as his hook replacement was funny too.

god knows what tobias was thinking jumping off the balcony with an umbrella into a glass table but it did the job... another standout episode in a fantastic series
  • Intense action, high drama and the unmasking of T.V.'s most deceptive characters.

My favorite. From tobias' quote about the colonies to the fight btwn george and oscar. had me on the edge of my seat through out the whole thing. this is a classic example of why the show needs to stay on the air. Personal favorite, Mrs. Veal "making love" with Michael