Arrested Development

Pilot

Aired Unknown Nov 02, 2003 on Netflix

• The Pilot Episodes

I'm starting a review for each episode. I'm watching one a day and I'll hopefully keep up with this. This is also why I'm only giving this episode a 9.0 because I know the series gets even better.

I watched the first episode on FOX when it first aired, to see Hank again... the lovable sidekick of "The Larry Sanders Show"... I was surprised to see David Cross of "Mr. Show with Bob and David" fame...

The episode set up a lot and I got too busy following the great story and Michael's determination to never see any of his family again, including his sister and her family whom he seldom sees anyways...

By a month later, I was extremely addicted to the rude and balls out humor of this Socialite Family.

The extended pilot features more character development / introductions and feels well paced... the aired pilot seems rushed in a way that the rest of the series doesn't.

While showing friends the series, they usually don't start getting into it and really laughing hard until the second episode... this is one of those episodes that is best seen when you know who everybody is and their eccentricities that you start laughing hard at either version of the pilot... the final pilot is tighter and oddly funnier... even though the deleted scenes of Maeby's rebellion and GOB's $20 Monopoly Magic Trick are as funny as anything else in the series... I recommend seeing the final pilot first and, of course, the rest of the series; before returning to the begining and watching the extended & uncensored "Creator's Cut" of the pilot episode.