Arrested Development

Netflix (ended 2013)

Silver_Sword_14

Arrested Development Fan Reviews (550)

• I love Arrested Development.

This is the best show in the world.

- Andrew Blum Fairfield, CT

• Why did it end one more time?

So it was just one more season and no more? That's very sad. Arrested Development was one of the funniest tv shows ever.

It deserves many more seasons.

I hope it comes back!!!
  • Title

Title
  • About the series

It had great written episodes and casting in season one.
    I've missed seeing GOB doing his thing to "the final countdown"! We didn't really get to see it in these 15 episodes, but just hearing the music in that wedding scene was enough to make me smile =)
  • A D 4

I WATCHED THE SERIES ONCE WHEN I WAS TRAVELLING IN LOUISINA 9 YEARS AGO AND NOW I WATCHING ALL THE SEASONS IN MY TABLET .IT IS THE BEST SERIES I VE EVER SEEN. IT REMINDS ME THE GREEK FAMILY...
  • F'ing GENIUS

I was genuinely heart broken when the show was cancelled- but now with the delightful anticipation and resurrection of the new season, I am once again able to fully relish into my profound love and obsession for ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. It makes me sad when I hear that people have never watched the show, but at the same time I feel special... like I'm in a super secret, awesome, super intelligent underground club. LONG LIVE THE BLUTH FAMILY. And Carl Weathers.
  • LOVE THIS SHOW

If you don't like it don't watch it!!!!!!

I love this show so much! This is comedy at its finest! You can't help falling in love with all the characters and their personalities. I'm finishing up the third season and scared because then what will i watch? The crap on now is unbelievable. Can not wait for season 4:)
  • One of the best sitoms of the century.

Quirky. Intelligent. Weird. Extremely funny. I fell in love with this show as soon as I'd finished the Pilot, which I cannot say about ANY other comedy that I like. The writing and acting are superb. This is one of the best shows of the 2000's.
  • SOOOUNDERRATED

Watched this in Philly,then it ended suddenly. Never understood why. Now im in Tx, Recovering from the bad economy & other stuff, this show is my official poison,my escape, my relief. I''m midway thru season the whole hilarious experience. Season 4 is the best news! So grateful the actors agreed to it & hope Ronnie Howard still narrates....
  • The most under-appreciated TV series EVER!

The acting. The writing. The style (Ron Howard narrating? Priceless). The jokes you get when you watch it a second time. I laugh so hard at some of these characters and the way they deliver their lines that it hurts (Jessica Walter!!! OMG, hilarious!!). This is the most under-appreciated TV show in the history of television. No doubt about it. I LOVE Arrested Development.
  • Perfection all around.

I've watched the show nearly 5 times from start to finish now. Still manages to get me laughing, and just brighten my day. I love the little details, and run on jokes, and just pure hilarity that makes this show one of my absolute favorites. I don't understand how this show was ever canceled, but I'm glad other people have noticed the genius that is this show. I am greatly looking forward to the 4th season.
  • Season 4

One of the only shows that I enjoy watching over and over again. I just found out that Season 4 will be coming to Netflix sometime in 2013. It's the entire original cast and is currently being filmed.
  • Best cast ever!

Best cast ever. Whenever there's a new show or movie with one of the memebers i definitely watch is. I especially love Will Arnett on 30 rock
  • Problem

The problem with making a show that is too brilliant is that most idiots aren't going to get it. Screw Fox for taking this off the air. Definitely the funniest show ever.
  • Absolute genius

This show is evidence the the vast majority of TV-watchers are dumber than dirt. This is a near-perfect comedy that packs each episode with so many consecutive laughs that it is impossible to catch them all in a single viewing. Without the encumbrance of the laugh track (aka. comedy-cancer), this show bombards the viewer with rapid-fire comedic gold. Unfortunately, your typical sit-com watcher has a IQ of about 60 and can't keep up. And without being told explicitly when to laugh, they become confused and angry. Then they switch over to over to 'The Big Bang Theory' and pretend that they are intelligent because they laugh at the sciencey things that the laugh track tells them to and ignores the fact that every bit of canned laughter was immediately preceded by the same punchline ('look at how nerdy they are!'). (I know the timeline doesn't quite match up.)

It is a tragedy that this show was so far ahead of its time and that Joe Sit-com-watcher is an absolute dunce. Thanks to the writers and actors for providing a few of us with box-sets that never collect dust. Here's hoping that the return is just as memorable.
  • Greatest comedy of the noughties

Maybe the greatest comedy of all time. If you haven't watched it yet, you've made a huge mistake. Go grab it now. You won't regret it. Superb cast, good acting, excellent writing, hilarious storylines, genius references. Easily the best show I've watched in along long time
  • Arrested Development

I love this show, had to go out and buy Season 2 & 3. Hope they bring this show back. One of the best shows on TV!
  • Huzzah! Comedic Genius!

I have seen some very funny shows in my 15 year old life, but none are as stupidly clever or downright hysterical as Arrested Development. Every character is a joy to watch, such as the oblivious Tobias (a candadate for the funniest television character ever), the put upon Michael, the charismatic GOB or the weird Buster.

Season 3 took a tiny dip in quality, but even a flawed episode of Arrested Development is better than a perfect episode of any sitcom on the air today. The funniest show of all time.
  • Do you want to reach the end of your life, only to quote Gob Bluth in saying: "I've made a huge mistake..."?

No. No, I'm sure you don't ;)

The hilariously odd mix of characters in this crazy family are so well played by all the actors and actresses in this show. I don't know what else to say about this show other than: Watch it. You will laugh your pants off.

• With all the crap reality shows.AD is far above and beyond!

I just finished watching the 3 seasons.Because i recently searched for shows i've never seen.And i can't believe there was only three seasons!What a brilliant "sitcom".All those people who didn't watch it ultimately caused it's low ratings and cancellation.I'm one,but only because i never knew how good it was.And it was never on when i was watching TV.But those who have seen it and decided to watch other shows instead.You should bang your head against the wall!Best show ever.Better then Seinfeld,Curb Your Enthusiasm,.....
  • Comedy at it's best.

...Unfortunately as usual, as it is a very common happening that a show of quality writing and acting gets ignored by the bigger audience, it ended too soon. Arrested Development is a witty, damn funny - hilarious, tbh - show built from these ridiculous plots and surreal characters that you just can't help but to love. Anyone with an insane family can somehow relate to the craziness of this fictional one. The acting is amazing. Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, David Cross, Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi and the younger part of the cast Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat. All so incredible people. This show is constantly entertaining, near to perfection! Not once have I felt bored while watching the episodes. The jokes remain funny even after you've heard them countless times and know most of them by heart. One of my all time favorite shows.
  • This is definately the cleverest, smartest and wittiest television show to ever be aired. There has never been anything like it. Best sitcom since Married with Children.

Can't believe there won't be any more episodes of Arrested Development. Fox aired something special when A.D. first came on television, yet it wasn't widely received. Apparently people don't wish to think during a comedy show, but that's a shame. In A.D., the jokes and punchlines are delivered in a way that rewards you for figuring it out, it isn't just thrown at you like an obvious joke to laugh at. Watching this show is a pleasure, i wish it didn't get cancelled. I hope the movie comes out and stays true to the original formula.
    This is definately the cleverest, smartest and wittiest television show to ever be aired. There has never been anything like it, and in my opinion, its the best sitcom since Married with Children.

~Des
  • Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. It's Arrested Development.

This show was absolutely incredible. The writing, the timing, the jokes are all perfectly synchronized and wonderfully delivered. Jason Bateman is impeccable as Michael Bluth, providing a wonderful commanding character struggling against his love for his family and his overwhelming desire to get as far away from them as possible. His family is played by an array of insanely funny, and sometimes just insane, characters who the viewer can't help but fall in love with. The crazy sexual twin sister, the bossy ignorant older brother, and the mama's boy, effeminate younger brother. The show offers so much to the viewer, I could watch this show for days, it is absolutely hilarious. It is such a pity that it was canceled, however there are rumors of a movie in the works!!!
  • One of the greatest comedies of all time.

One of the funniest Television shows that I have ever seen. The show revolves around Michael Bluth who has to stay and help his family through hard times as their father goes to jail, and the family business is going down hill. One of televisions good character based comedies. The shows characters GOB and Tobias make the show worth watching by them selves. With GOB trying to compete with his younger brother Michael and failing every time and his black puppet Franklin. Tobias who is a failed psychiatrist, and sometimes seeming to be a closeted homosexual, and an inspiring actor, and blue man group member even though failing at both. All the characters in this show are hilarious in their own way. And is a show everyone should give a chance, and i don't think you would be disappointed with it.
  • Amazing.

Simply put: Greatest Comedy (maybe even greatest show?) ever made. Quick, witty dialogue. Perfectly acted quirky roles. If you only watched the series once you will have missed 50% of the jokes; it's THAT well written. If you watch it multiple times,, you can catch the amount of foresight these writers put into the show. Jokes in the first episodes relate to story events that happens seasons much later.

It's also nice to see a starting point for the now incredibly popular Micheal Cera and see Will Arnett at his relative beginning, albeit his future roles are pretty similar to his character, G.O.B, from this show. If you have any appreciation for comedy, watch this show.
  • Fast-paced humor at its best, you'll find it hard to hear every other joke through your own gales of laughter. The Bluth family will keep you in tears in what has to be Ron Howard's greatest celebrity reality-styled narrative.

Not to be labeled as inconsistent, Fox set up another great TV show for failure on its network. We can only hope, that Arrested Development will go the way of Family Guy, and return to us soon!

Arrested Development is the story of the Bluth's-a spoiled rich upper-class Californian family. The entire troupe is completely aloof to reality save one member, Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman). Michael struggles to keep the family business afloat after their father, George Bluth (Jeffrey Tambor), is arrested for his shady business practices.

Each family member adds their own stockpile of burdens onto Michael as he deals with the crippled company. His alcoholic mother, Lucille Bluth (Jessica Walter) is always spending money. His jealous brother, Gob-pronounced Job-Bluth (Will Arnett), is always asking for money or a place to live. His lazy sister Lindsay (Portia De Rossi) will never do an honest day's work or be a proper mother to her daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat). His brother-in-law, Tobias (David Cross), resists his old profession as a psychiatrist in vain attempts to become an actor. His momma's boy of a brother, Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), just creeps everyone out. His son harbors a secret love for his cousin Maeby. And his dad undermines him at every turn as he tries to steer the family business back to calm waters.

The delivery of "the funny" is spot-on with Arrested Development. The show has a great fan-base who would all relish the opportunity to sit in front of their TV's once more to watch this great show. The humor is fast-paced and hits on several levels. The cast of the show are continually mentioning a possible movie in the works. This would be a welcome addition to a show that is ever increasing in popularity despite its cancellation.
  • Genius show!

This show is extremely unique and clever, I have been watching it for about 3 years now and I'm still noticing jokes that i never noticed before. Hilarious jokes! Great cast as well, all of them fresh new actors who have now made a name of themselves and proven themselves to be excellent. I'm surprised that the show was cancelled, maybe the jokes were simply too clever for people to understand. I've heard that there is a movie in the making, SUPER EXCITED! I hope these rumors aren't bullcrap like a lot of the information on the internet. In any case, WATCH THE SHOW!!!
  • Another under-appreciated masterpiece.

This was one of those show's where nothing could go wrong. Actually everything could and did, that's what the show was about, but as far as storylines and episodes went, they could fit just about any non-sense in there and it would work. Gene Parmesan PI, the Blue Man Group storyline, well... anything.

Every single character was drop-dead funny and the whole concept of comedy narrated with a familiar voice worked pretty well.

Also, it made way for some pretty good actors to make a name for themselves.

Can't wait for the movie. I'm sure it'll be one of my favorite comedies ever.
  • It still hurts to believe I will never see a new episode on TV ever again.

I don't know if I'll ever get over this show being cancelled. It was the funniest show on television over the past decade and the cancellation of it still remains one of the greatest fluck-ups ever. The lack of promotion led to lack of viewers which is both sad and shameful. I've been hoping over the past few years that they would somehow restore the show and get it back on the air but I've come to realize that won't be happening. I'm excited for the movie but I'm fearful that it might just make me even more depressed at the prospect that the Bluths are no longer a part of my world.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10