Arrested Development

Sad Sack

Aired Unknown Dec 12, 2004 on Netflix

• Some will disagree with me, but this is Arrested Development at its peak.

I haven't seen this episode since its original broadcast in late 2004, but I remember it being the funniest episode of the show to date. After that episode aired, I couldn't wait for more episodes of the show to come out, because I was expecting every one after to be just as funny.

Don't get me wrong, AD still makes me laugh today (Analrapist from Season 3 comes to mind), but this episode was the last gut-buster for me. After this one, my standards have become to high for the new episodes, and they just don't seem to do it for me. I still have hope and continue to watch today, wishing that Arrested Development will live past its threats of cancellation and someday become huge.
  • Buster can't climb a wall!

Arrested Development has once again managed to pull off a spectacular episode, with very entertaining plots and a few revelations.

George Sr is proven to have a heart in this instalment as it breaks when he realises that his wife loves his twin brother and Michael proves to have some values for his traitor father as he doesn’t turn him in and Gob is proven to be a very funny character with great lessons such as when you don’t get hit, it will be much more fun, and finally Lindsay is proven to be desperate to cheat, as far as hitting on her daughter’s crush.

Overall, there are many fantastically written jokes throughout the episode, especially the end where Zuckerkorn realises that the landscape picture is actually balls (at least he’s an expert on something), and thus is one of the funniest episodes of the season.
  • One of the funniest things ever on TV!

The humor in this episode gets a little PG-13, but it is very funny, largely due to the clever writing and the great acting by Henry Winkler.

The episode is well constructed and flashes back to Tobias' days as a "never nude," incorporates G.O.B.'s complete lack of any knowledge around the office, and Buster and the army. In true "Arrested Development" fashion, the story is woven together very well.

Henry Winkler as attorney Barry Zuckercorn is fantastic as usual, but his delivery and comedic timing in this episode are the best they have ever been. When looking at the pictures of the "Iraqi countryside," the delivery of his response could win over nearly any prude.

An exceptional episode, and laugh-out-loud funny every time!