An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)

In advance of its presence at Comic-Con this weekend, Arrow is starting to reveal some new details about Season 3, starting with Roy's (Colton Haynes) new costume as he assumes the Arsenal mantle.

Take a look!

It's in step with the show's approach to Oliver's costume, what with the leather-y look and all. I like the crimson coloring and the fade-out from the bottom of the jacket (which still looks like a hoodie, a nice nod to Roy's old standby) to the pants, but I'm not really sold on the laces, as they seem primed to get caught on something. 

Perhaps more importantly, I'm glad that Roy is skipping straight to the Arsenal moniker as opposed to adopting Speedy, which is already taken, thanks to it being Thea's nickname and all, or Red Arrow, which may've caused confusion since Oliver's not even going by Green Arrow, just the Arrow.

However, I also dig it because, while Roy enjoyed the perks and perils of the mirakuru serum, he's without that particular edge now, and since he lacks the extensive training that Oliver has, helping fight bad guys with a few extra weapons—namely, spare arrows and what look like escrima sticks in the boots—makes sense to me.

Arrow will likely have more Season 3 tidbits to share when the cast and producers convene for the show's Comic-Con panel on Friday. Warner Bros. TV and DC Entertainment will also be hosting an event this weekend, to promote their TV properties hitting the airwaves this fall. Stay tuned for more news!

What do you think of Roy's new costume?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

65 Comments
Comments (65)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Anyone taking sides on whether Abercrombie will end up missing something by the season's end, to parallel the comics? And, if so, by accident or at someone's hand (maybe MM?) or by some other cause?

(To be honest, I was convinced for quite a while that it was going to happen in season 2 by Slade's hand--especially after the handshake scene.)
Flag
I doubt it. That's just more CG they would have to do in just about every scene that has Roy in it. Unnecessary money spent. Just like Rick hasn't lost a hand in TWD even though he did in the comics. Just more money and work for basically a fan service.
Flag
I assume that now that there's a Green archer, a Red archer, and a Black archer who's public ID is well known, that the public will refer to the Arrow as Green Arrow, and Arsenal as Red Arrow. Opportunity for Roy to get annoyed and say, "It's Arsenal not Red Arrow." And the public will just address the Black archer as Malcom Merlyn or simply as Merlyn.
Flag
love it!!!!
Flag
I don't know what all the hate is about with the laces. Y'all don't want his shirt to fall off, do you? Oh wait....
Flag

Can you imagine the potential action scenes we'll see with Oliver and Roy? They could be reminiscent of those involving Oliver and Sara, only better (if Roy is back to his agile, acrobatic self, which he should be without the Mirakuru inside him). All that red and green... makes me think of Christmas. :)

Flag
I think he is missing something, will see how that goes. Anyway can't wait for season 3
Flag
I'm not familiar with the comics. But Colton is smoking hot in that costume. Arrow just gets better and better ;p
Flag
Does Ollie get an update too? I'd hate to have "the help" outshining Team-Leader...

I agree with the black mask under the red hood tho. or darken the shade on all the red
Flag
Don't really care for the laces. And with the costume predominantly Scarlett-colored, his eyemask should be black, not red. Personally, I would have liked it if he lost an arm and have gotten a cybernetic replacement with advanced weaponry like the Red Arrow character had in Young Justice. Then he'd be Arsenal for sure!
Flag
And how many characters / episodes must we endure before we see Roy 'I don't care about him at all' Harper taking up the Chelsea Arsenal mantle? Considering Arrow takes it sweet (but unnecessary) time to build something.
Flag
Staff
None? This is from the season premiere, apparently.
Flag
Looks ok, but I stil don't care about him. The character has been useless whole 2nd season :/ Give me more Sara as Canary :)
Flag
sara left with that league of shadows girl/group..

laurel is going to take over as canary at some point
Flag
Sara is back in 1st episode, and ep 2 is called 'Sara' :)

Also don't care for Laurel, the actress is bad, and the character boring!!
Flag
She's back but for a limited time. She's also still a Leaguer. No change there. N
Flag
Haha, everyone looks cooler than the Arrow.
Flag
Oh yea, Roy is still alive. Damn.
Flag
Staff
HA.
Flag
Looks pretty good. It would most likely be a lot more practical without all the fancy lace up thingies, but they look purely cosmetic so I suppose it doesn't matter.
Flag
I think you'll find Arsenal favour a predominantly red and white strip...
Flag
I think you'll find that most Americans won't get that joke, and the ones that do will just roll their eyes.
Flag
That would be because Americans have got international sporting events like the "World Series"...
Flag
No, that would be because other than the Olympics, Americans don't give a **** about international sporting events. :)
Flag
Probably because with 317 million people, 50 states, and most of a continent, we've got enough competition in house and feel more of a connection and competitive spirit with our neighbors than with those far away places.
Flag
That would be because why?
Flag
Staff
I did not roll my eyes, but I also didn't even chuckle because a Brit friend of mine already made a similar joke.
Flag
I like the direction of it. . .keeping the base design essentially a leather version of his red hoodie and dark jeans. . . But, Roy seems like a simple guy fashion wise -- all the laces, and buckles, and bojangley things are super distracting, and kinda gaudy. . .not really him. . .or that manly either.

Not to mention the easily getting caught on something factor, as most have mentioned.

Take away all the extra junk, and instead replace it with some texture (like his shoulders) and structured lines sewn in for detail and I think we'd have a winner.
Flag
looks good. Makes me wonder if Willa Hollands coming back though
Flag
I guess she will be trained by Malcom, and in beggining she will be enemy to Roy and Oliver.
Flag
Agree on the laces, but otherwise it looks very good, mask and all.
Flag
All that lacing seems very impractical. Don't you just hate it when you rush past a door, and a piece of your clothing gets caught on the door handle? I'm afraid that'll happen to Roy.
Flag
Looks pretty badass to me!
Flag
Hmmm...... I don't like this guy. Didn't liked him on Teen Wolf and still don't like him on Arrow. I think I'm gonna call him "Robin". :P
Flag
Flag
Not sure how he's going to shoot crossbow pistol bolts with a giant bow.... but otherwise, looks pretty sweet.
Flag
haha, that was my first thought aswell
Flag
He is super strong so no problem ;P hahaha
Flag
i think he was cured of that,right?
Flag
Staff
He was.
Flag
I like the costume but i m not sold on colton's acting. with his face covered up maybe i want be so bothered. all's good
Flag
Damn he looks good!!! Loving the fade out in the jacket!!!
Flag
I find it kind of sad networks spoil things like this. I would have preferred to see this first during the course of the show. I get that it's promotional and keeping up the hype and interest for the show, or perhaps they want to get ahead of any possible leaks to the internet, but still...
Flag
So a mix of Canary's and Arrows outfits?? Can't say I hate it but I feel like the others got away with the quote/unquote "costume". This definitely feels like a step or two towards spandex and capes and a step away from the realism the propelled Arrow to the state it is now. In short I hesitantly like
Flag
Looks great. I had a purse once that looked just like his jacket.
Hopefully they issue Roy some personality along with his new suit.
Can't wait to see Malcom's new outfit. :)
Flag
The look is good, his acting is bad, I love the show but I don't think his acting is up with the shows.
Flag
When he was on teen wolf, he seemed a bit too stiff as an actor to me, and here he does basically the same acting. But in my opinion, his acting works very well for the character: young anxiety, insecurity, introversion. It was a very good casting, I think. I wish they had done such a good job with Laurel from day 1.
Flag
Heheheheh, acting on a CW show.. so funny.
Flag
Looks way to similar to Ollie's getup. That said I don't hate it.
Flag
I'd like it more if they were going for the Red Arrow approach, but it just feels off if they're going more for Arsenal. Still, lose the sleeves and the hood and you've pretty much got it right.
Flag
AWESOME!! We all knew it was gonna eventually happen (DC comics). But this is a good look to finally see that makes a good match for the series.
Flag
Yeah, I'm really digging it.
Flag
Cool - has its own distinctive look but still indicates he's part of "Team Arrow"... ;-)
Flag
Its not very practical....where are the pockets???
Flag
LOL... Google the words "Aussie" ( &-- Name brand) and "pockets"
Flag
:-)
Flag
leather is the new Spandex :)
Flag
Looks cool!
Flag
Looks awesome......
Flag

Flag