An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW

Arrow S02E03: "Broken Dolls"

I hate to start off ranty and you'll have to excuse me, but Ra's al Ghul? Really? Really?!? I mean, I figured some aspects of the League of Assassins would be entering the show after Malcolm mentioned Nanda Parbat last season, and while Ra's being a figure in this world adds another potential twist to my pet theory about Season 2, it also sort of confirms my idea of how this season is going to play out. But Ra's frigging al Ghul?

Ra's is a BIG villain, and not really one I think Arrow has a reason to use, outside of just really wanting to use him. Sensei would've been fine as a potential mastermind; he's attached to the League of Assassins and would provide a perfectly shadowy presence. I know Sensei's supposed to be really old, and that The CW doesn't do really old-looking characters, but there's considerably less baggage with Sensei then there is with Ra's. I'm fine with the League of Assassins being part of the show, I think it nicely extends the show's world; I just question whether or not Ra's presence in this world, at least as of this very early mention, makes any sense.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Okay. We can now discuss the episode sans my fan griping about Arrow having the audacity to bring in Ra's, because really I'm just being an annoying fanboy in all the worst ways possible. It's not a healthy to respond to the show that way without knowing how it intends to use and showcase Ra's.

"Broken Dolls" felt very much like a Season 1 episode of Arrow, thanks to its juggling of several different plots. There was the Dollmaker procedural aspect, Quentin and Laurel's grief issues brought out by the case, Moira's impending trial, Roy looking for Black Canary (a.k.a. the blonde lady in leather), island flashbacks—but overall I think it ran more smoothly than a Season 1 episode with so much going on would have. Perhaps the writers have hit on a formula that helps them balance all these elements without any of them feeling truncated. Then again, it does help when there's an actual conclusion in the form of character development; it makes the narrative feel like something worthwhile instead of just another episodic notch, a problem I think Season 1 grappled with from time to time.

I've already acknowledged my burnout on grim dark murder plots, so a serial killer who turns pretty, young woman into dolls by strapping them onto a rack, shoving a seemingly huge feeding tube into their mouths, and pumping them full of a "flexible polymer" wasn't exactly something I was eager to see in an Arrow A-plot. Dollmaker certainly wasn't my favorite villain of the week—I don't even like the comic book version of the character, which didn't help—but at least the story served some nice, character-driven purposes, namely giving us an episode that was about as Quentin-centric as I think the show is prepared to ever offer.

I have never disliked Quentin as a character, and I really like Paul Blackthorne, but the character was very broad, underused, and one-note in Season 1, even as the show tried to expand his circle beyond Laurel with Dinah's arrival and the search for Sara. "Broken Dolls" helped to add a little more shading to Quentin, and much like how the first two episodes of the season showed us how Oliver is attempting to redefine himself in light of the Glades quake, this one showed us that Quentin is attempting to do the same. He's looking to find that new way of helping Starling City, probably in no small part because of his role in working to defuse the Markov devices.

There's been a considerable amount of Laurel loathing in the comments the past two weeks, so I'll be curious to see how those of you who were unhappy with her actions and attitude feel about her after this episode. I've never had a problem with Laurel's decision be the D.A.'s point person on the Hood task force, even if the motivation seemed flimsy. If anything, a Laurel who seemed prime to burn down a city to capture one guy in a green leather outfit gives Katie Cassidy something more interesting to play than the normal Laurel beats.

What's nice, however, is that "Broken Dolls" acknowledged the fact that her motivation was, in fact, flimsy. Quentin gave Laurel a similar spiel to the one that Laurel routinely gave him last season, and Laurel dodged it just like Quentin would have. It's a very nice cycle of grief displacement that the Lances engage in. I'm not sure how Laurel's going to function now that she's taking the responsibility for Tommy's death onto herself, but I'm glad that even these episodic plots aren't going to be ignored, that they will have an impact on various characters. 

"Broken Dolls" also gave us a lot of Black Canary goodness, from her saving Oliver from Laurel and the police with the mechanical equivalent of the canary cry to her lethal method of disposing of the Dollmaker. I'm intrigued by the way Arrow seems to be positioning her as a defender of women ("She's targeting criminals." "Misogynist criminals"), and the potential gender politics that will open up for the show as a result. I'm hoping against hope that her lack of a no-kill rule will allow for Arrow to finally engage in a decent discussion about the nature of justice. Mostly, however, I'm just excited about Bex Taylor-Klaus as Sin. Taylor-Klaus was one of the highest high points of The Killing's third season, with a breakout performance as a homeless teen. Sure, she had next to nothing to in this episode but look punky and call Roy "Abercrombie" (heheheheheh), but I will never say no to seeing her on my TV screen.

Speaking of justice, and tying back into the Lances' feelings of grief, there's Moira. I was curious as to how Arrow was going to keep Moira active, what with her being in jail and all, and so her trial should prove to be an interesting subplot. I do like how Moira is at peace with both her role in the devastation of the Glades and her acceptance that she deserves to be punished for it, regardless of how heavy Malcolm's influence is weighing down upon her. It's not only in keeping with her character, but it's just a very mature position, a rarity on a show where most of the characters are struggling to attain the sense of self that Moira now has.

FROM THE QUIVER

– "Wonderful. Now we have a dead Japanese soldier in our home." The island stuff offered some nice movement. I'm very interested to see how this freighter stuff is going to play out, though I'm also worried about the state of Slade's handsome face, since it seemed like it was on fire (or it could just be his handsome hands).

– There've been a few different Dollmakers in the comic books, and Arrow's Dollmaker was based on the most recent iteration that appeared in 2011, a Batman baddie with a grudge against Commissioner Gordon. As a young cop, Gordon killed Mathis's father, and now Mathis wears a mask that's partially made out of his father's face and turns people into living dolls. Additional fun fact: The new version of Dollmaker was created by Tony S. Daniel. The name of Dollmaker's attorney in this episode? Tony Daniel.

– Sin is also from the comics, but I'm not going to talk too much about her comic book persona for the time being. Doing so might spoil what I think Arrow might very likely be setting up for this season, and I don't want non-comic readers to be annoyed with me. If you've read the comics, and you're familiar with Sin, then you're probably starting to turn the gears.

– Couple of other little DC Comic tie-ins this week, including Quentin's police ID as DC-52 and the Metamorpho Chemical Company.

– I know a lot of you sort of needled the show about Oliver's identity last season, but that Quentin didn't get one solid look at Oliver this entire episode is just all sorts of dumb.

– I've never been a huge fan of the music on Arrow—I write while listening to the Season 1 soundtrack—but I very much appreciated the music box-esque motif that was composed for the Dollmaker. Indeed, that entire scene in the Bisque Museum was, while very "serial killer standard," still pretty neat. Then again, porcelain dolls are super creepy.

– "A guy with a bow and arrow can’t save a guy who's had a building fall on top of him."

– "Not my face!"

– This tweet from Andy:

– In case you missed the casting news, Arrow has snagged itself another Firefly alum: Sean Maher will appear in Episode 10 as the show's take on the villain Shrapnel.

– I'd love to hear what you all thought about the Ra's al Ghul namedrop. If you're excited about it, I want to hear why! If you're not excited, I want to hear why! Let's do try to avoid drawing too many connections to the comic books, but if someone wants to start up a discussion in the Arrow community that's a little more comic book-centric, and thus possibly spoiler-laden, I think that would be a safe space for that discussion, so long as it's clearly marked as such.

What did you think of "Broken Dolls"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2016

Season 4 : Episode 22

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

217 Comments
Comments (217)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am not happy with Ra's introduction. He is too big a deal, I agree with KeyserSoze, it's like Smallville speaking of the Joker. And frankly, GA is not a match for him, so it will seem forced when this series show Oliver winning over him. I am also beginning to worry about too many villains. Blood, Merlyn, China White, Bronze Tiger, Deathshot. And of course, Slade.
I was overexcited by Jean Loring presence, though. Will we see the Atom at some point?
Oh! And I am very happy Laurel finally admitted Tommy's death is her fault because she didn't hear Oliver (and Moira, and Quentin himself in the last minutes).
Flag
Ra's big. I didn't expect from a tv show in their early seasons to use him. More over I didn't expect a non-Batman-related tv show to use him.
It's like Smallville mentioning Joker

But let's wait and see...maybe the CW and WB and DC are dreaming of a Avengers/SHIELD of their own.

If the big names from comics keep poping up I don't mind, I prefer it than having a D-grade villain every week
Flag
Considering I have very little knowledge of the Green Arrow comics, I have no idea who this Ra guy is. I did find it interesting that that Asian guy who came at Black Canary at the end was wearing the same kind of outfit as the Dark Archer, which means Black Canary and Dark Archer were trained by the same guy. That I did find interesting and am looking forward to seeing where that goes.

However, what did bug me was Black Canary. I repeat I have very little knowledge of the comics. But as I always understood it BC has a Canary Cry. That's her superpower. Like Flash has his speed and Aquaman has his ability to talk to fish and breathe underwater and stuff.

But this BC has a little doohickey that causes that glass shattering, eardrum popping cry.

Why are they shying away from giving people superpowers? I mean, they want to bring in the Flash at some point? Why not ease into these things with Canary's supersonic screaming?
Flag
Living in the post-Nolan-Dark-Knight world, means that comic adaptations tend to be darker, more heavy themed and as less superpowered and close to reality they can be.

So, Arrow, who is not a superhero per se, will probably avoid any superbeings they can and transforming any superpowers to something technolocy-powered
Flag
Which I totally understand. But then it needs to be an either/or situation. Either have people with superpowers or not. And considering they're leaning more towards the "not" end of the spectrum, I'm very curious to see what exactly they will be doing with The Flash. And how they're planning on gelling his character into this non-superpowered, technology driven world.
Flag
Laurel needs to die!!
Flag
Am I the only one who want Roy to die a horrible death? What a irritating character.
Flag
I was a little disappointed by the Deus Ex solution of last weeks cliffhanger ending (you know with Arrow being surrounded.
The scenes between Quentin and Arrow seemed a bit off at times. I do like the direction they are taking this but is Quentin now a member of Team Oli? I mean was working with the three of them directly so if he didn't know that Oli was the Arrow seeing the Arrow work with two of Olis close employees is a dead give away.
Also how did they change their location when they were together before and directly after the scene change? Did they travel together in one car? ;-)

About Ras Al Ghul: Although being a nerd about lots of things I never was into comic books (or any kind of animation, prefer live-action stuff) and so I don't know anything about this villain except for what I know from the Chris Nolan Batman movies.
From that point of view I am kind of excited about him coming. Is he going to try to pull the same thing the Dark Knight version tried in Gotham? If he is anywhere as closely connected to Batman as he seemed in Batman Begins then maybe this will setup a future crossover?
If they were going to put this incarnation of Arrow into the Justice League movie (as they don't have much set up yet and they need characters), then a cross over with a Ben Affleck Batman could be feasable if the budget allows for it. So yeah, Ras al Ghul seems to be kind of a biggie here ^^
More+
Flag
Honest I don't see them having this incarnation of Arrow ending up in the Justice League movie, for one thing Green Arrow has usually been a back up member of League. And then there's the logistics of it all, if they are planning a 2015 release then they'd be filming around this time next year, right in the middle of season 3 filming for Arrow. And if they are doing a back door pilot for a new Flash series, then that might also have implications for the Justice League movie
Flag
Just discovered who one of the villians of the week is for the next episode, and all I can say is Dayum!! But nice to see David Nykl back on tv.
Flag
Didnt like it cuz its too far fetched, i mean, c'mon man!
Flag
I hope Shadow isn't dead! I like(d) her.

Can Oliver still say "After 5 years on a hellish island..." in the intro? Technically he's just left it... *hehehehehe*

During the first episode, Laurel whipped out some surprisong fighting skills and I'd hoped that was a sign of good things to come... Alas, this was not to be.
Flag
There is still one thing that bother me about this show, and that is how it's supposed to be "realistic" and not superhuman-like, but their skills are too unrealistic that it bothers me a bit every time.
Flag
Dude, you're watching a show about a costumed vigilante with a bow and a no-kill policy taking on hordes of gun-wielding mooks without needing a closed-casket funeral afterwards. Turning down the skill-level would make things less plausible, not more.
Flag
I still find Laurel completely irrelevant, boring and annoying. It's like the only purpose of her is to be Oliver's love interest who will keep getting hurt again and again, because he goes around... If Black Canary is Sarah, then I expect even more tiring love triangle plot and even more crybaby-Laurel as a result. Yuck...

I didn't like Black Canary - she was also very irritating, and kills people. She resembled Huntress too much, and I hated her as well, lol.

I don't like Sin either. I guess the only girl I can say I like in this show is Felicity...
Flag
Yikes. I didn't even entertain the idea of the inevitable love triangle they will undoubtedly throw at us. Two sisters and that one guy, along with all the other complications. Couldn't Laurel just die saving her sister or whatever...
Flag
AMAZO! The name of the ship!!!
Flag
My random question, and maybe they just did this too quick, but shouldn't Laurel and the DA be concerned that not only the vigilante being out there, but that he apparently has help from another? I mean then I get distracted with the thought that the DA is likely going to be a murder victim down the road, probably to just hold up Moira's trial because he has to go back to being all angsty on Orphan Black.

Also, was Diggle staying deliberately out of Lance's sight? I get how Felicity could maybe be a public face not automatically leading to Oliver, but Diggle and Felicity? And did Lance not pick up (heck does Laurel not pick up) that it was Oliver who was warning her to get out of the Glades (I mean that likely becomes a bad point in Moira's trial but more likely, both of the Lance's have enough circumstantial evidence - not to mention Lance's actual real evidence- that Oliver is...I hated but got used to the Hood. Though I am going to take a wild guess that when Lance learns the definitive truth, he probably also is the one to suggest an actual mask.
More+
Flag
I think the second paragraph should be filed under "Don't over think it"
Yes, any normal human would have been able to tell it was Ollie, if they'd met him before and they were as close to him as Quentin was in the corridor, but it's one of those times that suspending disbelief and just going with it doesn't hurt.
Flag
That's a fair point, and yet... it kind of hurts.
Flag
This might sound silly but who is Ras al Ghul? I loved this episode arrow is going in a great direction this season hopefully Laurel can get past her guilt and hate for arrow. Black Carey has been a great addition to the season and I won't to see more of her with arrow that would be great and probably will happen later on. Overall great episode loved it.
Flag
Rather mediocre showing, but then again cases of the week on Arrow hardly ever impress. At least this time they tried to inject it with a larger number of overarching serialization threads.

So the "cliffhanger" of the preceding episode was resolved more or less as expected. It was fairly obvious that it would be either Oliver pulling out some smoke bomb/area of effect blinding device/something of the sort or Oliver being busted out by someone in the most timely of manners. Having the mysterious woman in black leather be that someone was one way of introducing the character to our vigilante.
I suppose that worked out alright, even if I'm not a fan of random strokes of luck helping the characters in seemingly impossible situations. At the very least I would like to be ensured that Oliver had something up his sleeve.

I think that the Ras' al Ghul rant is very justified, Noel. Under no circumstances am I willing to believe that the show is anywhere near ready to play that card. Its main protagonist is nowhere near ready. There is still such a long way to go before this should even be considered - if it should be at all. Personally I hope it's just a form of foreshadowing: one that won't really manifest itself for a few more seasons. Perhaps they are trying to show that they are thinking big, perhaps they just wanted to throw a bone to those familiar with the name. As long as Arrow realizes it cannot play in the big league for the time being.
And as usual: thanks for all the non-spoilery precious comic info bits. I'm not very familiar with Sensei, so it's always good to learn something new.

The Ras' al Ghul mention, as well as the closer look at the 'Black Canary' (if she is supposed to be the one, that is) that we had been offered, did get me thinking again about potential supernatural elements on the show. Will they or won't they? It's not like Arrow couldn't do a 180 (360?) on the matter, even a season or two further down the line. So far they do seem to be avoiding it (cue the shrieking device rather than actual shriek) with a mix of technology and 'realistic' abilities, but it still makes me wonder... Especially with that potential Flash backdoor pilot in the mix (I just couldn't take the "even faster than Usain Bolt!" solution with a straight face; as that would be way too slow anyway and because the character is not only about running fast).

But back to the episode. For the first time in a long time (okay, maybe since the season finale) it felt like Quentin actually had a purpose. There was point to the character, Blackthorne's talents were not being utterly wasted, and Detective/Officer Lance wasn't being constantly annoying. That's a lot of growth considering the horrible season 1 treatment of this cop. Plus he was wiser than his daughter, about damn time.
While his actions in season 1 often were rather tiresome and not very believeable, this season there does seem to be a better underlying reason behind them. At least we're past the black-and-white territory. Unfortunately we're still not past the absolutely idiotic "I don't know who the vigilante is despite being offered a chance to look directly into his face and recognize him on more than one occasion". The show is really straining our disbelief like this... Give Oliver a god damn mask or... umm, a prosthetic nose or beard!

I don't think that Noel mentioned Officer Lance calling Oliver "the Arrow", then explaining that it just felt more fitting than "the Hood". And then Laurel picking it up. Quentin didn't hear that anywhere else, did he? It just something he came up with on his own. Wouldn't that make it the very first time that this particular name was actually publicly used to describe the vigilante, or have I missed some bits in previous episodes?

As for Laurel... don't get me started. Stupid, stupid, stupid! So utterly and hopelessly stupid. Is it even humanly possible to make that character sink even lower? It's like, every time I think it's not, they keep finding new ways for her to become even more loathsome than before. Her entire turnaround this season did not make even an ounce of sense to me, neither did her extremely sketchy reasons. Just because she saw the Hood walking out the building she assumed that he had left Tommy for death? Knowing everything he did to help her and other people? Did it escape her attention that Tommy was kind of impaled on something and kind of dying/dead? Did it really take Quentin to point out that the vigilante is limited in his powers? Not to mention that using Tommy's death as an entire justification for making the Arrow her enemy number one was so painfully thin.
This episode the torture only continued. Now she is ready for another 180, back on board with Team Arrow. How little it took, just yet another damsel in distress situation. But what's worse, she has now decided that it's all her fault that Tommy died (after all), and we're in for another insufferable injection of cheap drama. Grief can do weird things to people and blah blah blah, but really? I have honestly never wanted a character on the show to be killed off so much as I want to see Laurel gone. I just don't see how she could be redeemable at this point.

The case of the week itself might've been uninspiring, but it certainly was disturbing. It was genuinely uncomfortable to watch these women be so helpless as a huge tube was being forced down their throats, filling them with this nasty substance. Creepy. It's not often that something on network TV can make me flinch.
And hey, wasn't it cute how the show managed to use one of their female protagonists as a bait and have the other get captured? Makes you wonder why they didn't throw Thea into the mix to complete the circuit. I mean, if you're going down the predictably yawning route, then you might as well go down the whole way.

Moira's trial has the potential to turn into an interesting subplot (as long as they can avoid cheap moralizing, and that's a big if). The character is at peace with herself, and that's unusual all on its own. Plus it may give us another chance to see Walter, even though he is not likely to have nice things to say.
Roy got decent chase scenes, as usual, and as usual he got knocked out like a greenhorn. Some things never change.

I almost forgot my favorite island sequences. And there is a reason. Sadly, I must admit that they weren't very good. No good at all. More like painfully dumb from the start to finish. "Hey, let's leave Shado alone because she will be just fine". "Ooops, guess she won't be!" And then let's have the ship start bombarding the area the very moment Oliver and Slade reach the vantage point, because you know - timing. And then let's have them run like two idiots through the open field that is under heavy artillery fire, because "we are indestructible and all". Sigh. It was inevitable that they would eventually get captured, but why in such a groan inducing way? Why mutilate the island storyline with a heavy injection of idiotic events and actions? I haven't been this disappointed by the flashbacks in ages.
And I also thought that it was Slade's face that got burned, along with his hands. But I hope not! Guess we'll find out soon enough.

More+
Flag
I really enjoyed this ep! I think all the plot lines were spread evenly and done really well.

As for Ra's al Ghul, I don't really know what to think, but after having read your gripes, I kinda agree that he's quite a big villian, and I suppose has already been dealt with in other forms of media so it would've been interesting to see another villain that hasn't been featured already in current popular culture.
Flag
Yayyyy Bullet lives on!!!! I'm so happy to see her, I just want Bullet to be in every show, and maybe all the movies too.

Her and Roy's storyline was my favorite part of the episode! I too am pretty burnt out on girls-getting-murdered-in-horrific-ways plots. It's gross and awful and suuuuch a throwback to a more sexist era where the girl (whose only personality trait is "pretty, screams a lot") exists solely to be saved by the hero and maybe kiss him later. Vom. I'm also equally burnt out on Laurel, Laurel's emotional journey, Laurel's dad, and basically all things Laurel.

Just gonna say: my prediction of Slade becoming Deadshot is looking better and better, right?!? Far less crazy this week!! Because he was on fire, you guys. I'd be pretty pissed at Oliver and his stupid feelings too if I got set on fire because of them, and he could not win me back over with his salmon ladder, oh no!

Finally, how many times did a character look the Hood dead in the face? HOW MANY??? GREEN GLITTER EYESHADOW DOES NOT CONCEAL THAT MUCH, GUYS. Laurel and Quentin need to get their eyes checked, and I need to stop caring about this.
More+
Flag
Another good episode. I love this show. I just realized something. It would be cool if Tom Welling was a special guest star in an episode, as Superman!
Flag
Meh, never mind. I just remembered that there was a lame Green Arrow in Smallville and it wouldn't work because of that.
Flag
lol
Flag
First Bludhaven in season one, now Ra's in season two...season 3: BATMAN!!!

FYI: Did they use the correct pronounciation for his name or the incorrect Dark Knight Trilogy one
Flag
Will there is no correct pronunciation for it, it's not in English, it's in Arabic "رأس الغول" which means "The Ogre's Head" not as many think "The Demon's Head" and it's pronounced a little like this: "Ra's AlGhoul" (the Gh isn't pronounced as a soft G, but it stands for " غ " which doesn't have an equivalent for it in English, the same goes for " a' " it stands for " أ " which is pronounced similar to "A" but it's like if your coughing)
Click on this link and click on the speaker icon to hear how it sounds in Arabic:
http://translate.google.com/#ar/en/رأس الغول

Flag
The pronunciation changes depending the source. So in the same way that Ralph Fiennes is actually pronounced Rafe Fiennes; Ra's is sometimes Raz and sometimes Ray-shh, I could be wrong but I think the second in more linguistically accurate but the first one has been more commonly used for other version of The Demon's Head
Flag
Will it's definitely not Raz, Ra's is more accurate, but there is no correct way to spell the name in English(look at my comment on Sommere06)
And it's not The Demon's Head, it means The Ogre's Head(like Shrek), i don't know why movie and tv makers doesn't consult an Arab when using Arabic in there movie(or show), i mean sometimes Google Translate is better than whatever the hell the studios use when using Arabic
Flag
Good episode overall. Ras...not my fave villain. I preferred Vandal Savage. 30K years old and still going strong. But peeps seem to like the mysterious Mid to Middle East to prehistory in their mysterious villains, so that's that...
Flag
Vandal Savage always struck me as kind of cheesy, at least with regards to his origin story. But then aren't most of them.
Flag
I reacted completely differently when they mentioned Ra's al Ghul. I think that Arrow could use with someone as major as Ra's on the show. The Dark Archer was a good villain to use in its first season, but after the utter destruction of The Glades, they need a big villain to up the ante and this sure as hell does it. The big question is: are they going to make him a one-season baddie? Because I think that that would be wasting him. The League of Assassins is a great place to start and to focus on in this season. Leave the boss for later.

Also, I might be mistaken, but since I'm pretty sure that Laurel is the one who is going to end up being the true Black Canary at some point, I have a feeling that this "Canary" is going to end up being someone completely different. Talia, perhaps?
Flag
They cant show ra's on this show because they would almost have to acknowledge a super natural and that's something that they seem to be destined not to do.
Flag
They managed not to do it in the Dark Knight Trilogy
Flag
For a sec I though it was the Dark Archer at the end
Flag
Same. I was like, I knew he wasn't dead! Then I saw his eyes and I was all, oh. Oh well.
Flag
Why "Oh well" ? It was a genius move. You saw the costume and thought Malcolm was back, and for a second so did I. The next you see the Dark Archer costume it will also not be Malcolm under there but the third or fourth time there will be a Barrowman under that hood.
Flag
I think Ra's al Ghul makes sense for a big bad character--at least more so than Sensei--because of the name recognition. I've read some DC comics, and I've watched a lot of the shows and cartoons, but if that guy had said "Sensei," I wouldn't have thought that was a character's name even if I was at all familiar with the villain, which I'm not. So I think the reference might have been a bit *too* obscure for anyone other than diehard fans. Deadshot, Merlyn, Speedy, Felicity, Black Canary, Deathstroke, Huntress... all recognizable. Sensei? Not so much. To me, it seems like a natural progression beyond Merlyn.
Flag
This is a good point. I suppose if they went for a no-name villain it would be more mysterious, but at least this way people who don't read the comics will be more interested to see how it plays out.
Flag
Great review, Noel - I appreciate the Comic details, specially if they are given for dummies like me. It must be difficult not to let yourself go and talk about all these conections and theories that you see in your mind:)

Felicity rules! I'm so glad that she has such a big role.

I loved the first appearance of the blonde in leather in this episode - she was just so comic-like, she looked like a cartoon, with those mechanical ninja movements. Lovely.
Flag
I liked the episode and as a non comic book reader it was fun hearing names I know or are familiar. I assume Ra will only be a name mentioned now and again but if Sarah (we all know that right? That woman is Sarah) basically trains Laurel there will probably only be reference to her instructor. Then I imagine an underling not Ra himself who eventually comes after Sarah.

I don't know Sin at all so right now I assume she is equivalent to Diggle.

I heard this and it seemed appropriate. .this was a Fringe feeling type case. I liked how we were tying up some secondary character emotional stuff.

Island stuff...well I first thought that is why Slade turns on Oliver. Or so this is why he starts wearing the Deathstroke mask. But I am kind of concerned we are going to have multiple "island" stories. Shado from the island since clearly boys she was fine. And the boys on the boat.
Flag
I also think that Black Canary is Sarah! It makes a little bit of sense too, sort of, with her targeting only female attackers, because she was used by Oliver and that's why she's following him around (although I wonder, if it is her, whether she knows that the Arrow is actually Oliver). It could also be true that she was rescued by Ra's and his team and trained by him, thus her motivations for coming (back) to Starling City.
Flag
Technically she was as at fault with the Oliver thing...a code over bros before hos is sisters.
Flag
Seems like various other media are reporting Sarah Lance being the Canary now.

It does feel rather weird if you ask me. After all we saw Sarah during season 1, obviously played by a different actress (plastic surgery + brain washing?). Personally I'm not a big fan of these kind of retcons. Did they cast someone else in the role only to be able to call: "surprise!"? That's rather cheap.

Sometimes it's not such a bad idea to let what is dead stay dead.
Flag
It does seem a little come on bit I don't mind it in this case.I grew up watching soaps so recasting especially of a character who was kind of a quickly viewed throwaway is not a big deal to me.
Flag
Dolls are freaky as shit! I didn't hate this episode, but I didn't love it either. I liked the speedy resolution to Laurel's attempted arrest of The Arrow (are we all calling him The Arrow now?), and I also liked the island flashbacks (very consistently good this season). I didn't particularly like the Moira scenes because they felt shoehorned in, but I appreciate the look at her mental state and her acceptance of guilt.
To me, the Dollmaker seemed rushed in, so the character felt underdeveloped. They basically just established that he killed in a creepy way and that Quentin hated him and caught him. Because of the busyness of the episode, he seemed like just an easy villain to hate.
I also didn't really appreciate the reveal at the end of this Black Canary's history. I felt that it would have been better for the show if we found out things at the same time as Oliver, Felicity and Diggle found them out, because this makes the chances of me shouting at my TV (laptop), when they make a stupid wrong assumption, much lower.
Flag
Finally they start calling him The Arrow. I'm quite finished with The Vigilante.

I really like Felicity more with each episode of this season. Was she a bit intimidated by Oliver Queen in the first season, now she is almost telling him what to do and not.
Flag
Actually, I didn't like the way she spoke to Oliver. She was downright cruel and bossy in certain situations. She is acting out of character, and I don't know why.

Here's hoping that they bring back the relationship they once had in Season 1...
Flag
I like that both Felicity and Diggle are capable of telling Oliver off. It's not like he is always the epitome of kindness. It just puts them all on a more equal standing, rather than having the boss and two obedient underlings.
Flag
Still, even though she went on a tear about being a secretary, she *did* bring him coffee at the end, unsolicited.

I think she might have also been trying to convince herself that she was mad about the arrangement even though she was probably excited about being able to spend even more time with him.
Flag
It might be that she may subconsciously resent him for leaving (avandoning her) between seasons. Like she wasn't important enough for him to stay even though they're not in a relationship.
Flag
This makes sense. She stayed with Oliver in season 1 because she wanted to help people and then he just left...right after there was a huge upheaval in the city where people could actually use help. She would feel betrayed, so no wonder she'd harbour a bit of resentment toward him. Also if she had been "running the ship" for 5 or so months without him she's probably used to doing things her way, so that would come off as bossy.
Flag
I think that this episode was a very coherent episode as far as juggling the disparate character plotlines and tying them together in a way that season 1 rarely hit. I am glad we at least got to past Laurel has admitted why she really is upset about Tommy's death. And I have to say, Katie Cassidy's crying scene may have convinced me she knows how to act when the writers let her be more than a stern voice or victim. Speaking of, after seeing how much Laurel can kick butt and all the times her life has been in danger and she has had a hand in her own escape/survival, its no wonder they didn't show how the dollmaker captured her.

Flag
Finally Oliver is back at being a badass instead of the ambigous nice guy that didn't suit the show.
Flag
I cheered at the arrow to the shoulder! He didn't play around with the lawyer, just further pushed the intimidating effect he was already having on him.

But then I booed at the poor handling of Dollmaker by Ollie. So the guy escaped from prison (at least it was due to natural causes, for once), added two more victims to his long list of casualties, and our hero thought that locking him back again was really the best solution? What if it happens all over again?
Flag
I was excited to hear Ra's name dropped because I have not read any comic books but this is a name even I know. There are already so many mysteries and characters that are obviously based on the comic books. SO for a person who is not familiar with all the names, a familiar baddie is actually cool. I feel like I can pat myself on the back or something.
Flag
really like the Ra's name being dropped but for the sake of TV don't mess this up Arrow! There are two ways they can do just that... 1. They never do anything with him... too late to turn back now Arrow! 2. They hire some mediocre actor to play him, and don't utilize him to his full potential.
Flag
Well, they cast Navid Negahban (aka Abu Nazir from Homeland) as a League of Assassins heavy hitter. As much as CW goes for the young and pretty type Arrow has been known to find good older actors.
Flag
I haven't liked Laurel from the first and I still don't like her. Every moment spent on her is time we could be seeing something interesting.

The Quentin Lance 180 felt very Jim Gordon to me long before the Ra's al Ghul name drop. I'm ambivalent at this point about Arrow opening itself up to that much mythology, but there are already more than a few plates spinning. I'd prefer to see more development with Roy's storyline or the rebuilding conflict as it would suck to see that disaster treated like real world disasters, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Flag
Okay, I realize this is random, but first's things first - Why the hell did
Katie Cassidy had to go and mess up her entire face by having plastic surgery done? She used to be such a beautiful girl, I'm deeply saddened by the way she looks today. ^

this is her before -

and this is her after -

Anyway, other than Katie Cassidy's new distracting face, there are a few problems with Laurel that still annoy me to no end. Since I haven't commented at all this season long, I really have to talk about her new found hypocritical attitude. Yes, she finally realized that Tommy's death is all her fault but I've just had enough of her snobbish remarks and her constant acting like she's better than everyone else and she's never once thanked or appreciated the Hood's(Oliver) help! Nope, not once! I seriously hate everything about Laurel. She's always playing the victim. She's ungrateful, selfish, and most of all self-absorbed lunatic.

I sincerely hope that she'll get run over by a bus.

Moving on...

I absolutely hate the Island flashbacks. I was hoping that they will get rid of them mid-through Season 1 but that NEVER happened. I was hoping that they will get rid of them after Season 1 ended; yet, it still didn't happen. I feel like they are way more frequent now, and somehow they managed to be far less relevant to the story. Just enough! Get rid of them already! This isn't "Lost", the show's called "Arrow". And no I'm in no way, shape or form interested in how he became the Arrow. This isn't an origin story. ^

Way too much time was spent on the "Island" story, and "Oliver is always there to save Laurer" story other than focusing on the Black Canary which is what they should be doing.

I really want to say that I enjoy this one but I didn't. If anything, Season 2 of Arrow is seriously questioning me - Why am I still watching this show? The show's charm is gone. There are not enough Olicity scenes to keep my interest up. They really need to step up their game.
More+
Flag
Interesting fact, that plastic surgery. Must've been some skilled specialists. I'm not going to compare "before" with "after", but it's not like she actually needed it.

I wholeheartedly agree on Laurel, of course. May she get run over by a legion of massive vehicles. Repeatedly.

I wholehartedly disagree on island flashbacks, of course. Like it or not, but this *is* also an origin story. Every show that develops it's superhero persona from the scratch is, by default. And you'd be wrong - the flashbacks aren't taking up much time this season, so far. If anything, they seem to be less frequent and shorter.

The charm is gone? It's not really any different than what you've been seeing in the latter part of season 1 (also in terms of Felicity presence). But that, as always, will remain subjective.
Flag
"I wholehartedly disagree on island flashbacks, of course. Like it or not, but this *is* also an origin story."

Eh, okay? that's your opinion. I don't see the point in wasting time showing us what happened on the island. More time could be spend on developing the characters and giving us some half-decent action scenes while telling us the Black Canary storyline...(or any storyline for that matter)

Season 2 is such a huge disappointment.
Flag
Thank you, I thought I imagined it.
Flag

Frigging awesome show...cw is giving so many good shows like nikita,supernatural and this.i am so excited about black canary..can't wait to see the encounter of black canry and arrow..and could anyone be more perfect than stephen amell for the role of arrow.he is doing a great job.
Flag
Excellent episode. Now we get to see angry Manu Bennett. Susanna Thompson's 'Moira Queen' is looking pretty good in jail. This episode pretty clearly made the point that Black Canary is Sarah Lance which will kind of throw all backstories for a loop. She had a great entrance. This show needs to bring back Huntress now so the Birds of Prey can start to form plus Jessica De Gouw would be back and she deserves a do over for the lame second part of the two parter that introduced her. (I liked 'Smallville's Alaina Huffman's version of Black Canary and the awesome Rachel Skarsten (Lost Girl) played this part good as well on 'BoP' - this actress is much more petite then the previous television incarnations.)
Flag
In-freakin-credible episode. I can't believe this is a CW show...the quality is too good.

Everything was awesome. From Black Canary to Quentin and the Arrow to the Dollmaker (very creepy) to the island. But the biggest moment and quite frankly biggest surprise was the Ras al Ghul name drop. BC was trained by the Leauge of Assassins. How cool is that?

Also, confirmation that Malcom Merlyn was also a part of the LOA.

O man, if ARROW keeps this up, we are in for one hell of a ride.

Flag
I can't freaking wait when Ollie will meet Black Canary, and more so, when they will learn their true identities.
Flag
Staff
Okay, HOW did I miss Sean Maher's casting? I'm firing myself effective immediately.
Flag
Well after reading the news I've been trying to bleach it from my brain. I only wish I'd missed it.
Calling it right now; episode 10 will be this seasons low point.
Flag
Staff
The episode description doesn't instill confidence, but neither did this one, and I liked it OK.
Flag
Staff
I don't know! *readies his resume to apply for your job*
Flag
I think the introduction of Ra's is more in tune with the series trying to emulate (and maybe by extension tie itself to, at least in part) the Nolanverse Dark Knight films. In that event, it would seem that they want to go for more realism and less Lazarus-pit stuff. (Especially since, if Malcom had gone there and found out about the pits, he'd have tried to use them on his wife.) Although then again this is the CW, and "supernatural" (pun intended) is not unheard of on here, and the obvious tie-in to Sara's assumed fate is pretty hard to ignore. (Any scripting referncing The Princess Bride's "all dead" vs. "mostly dead" scene will make me roar with laughter.)

Another parallel was Malcom's decision to level the city (or at least the Glades) after spending quality time in Ra's-ville, just like the Ra's of TDK trilogy. Interesting that, unlike the Dark Knight films, this Ra's imitates the comic book version by sending, um, messengers instead of doing the job himself--but then again, maybe Sara wasn't his "finest student" the way Bruce was.

Maybe the lack of a full-on look at Oliver is a bit of a stretch, but who says Quentin didn't get one? Or more likely, I think Quentin is becoming like Jim Gordon (in comics and film) and has his suspicions, but doesn't want to officially know Arrow's identity anymore. After all, Quentin was a pretty sharp detective, and Paul Blackthorne's expressions seemed to indicate that his character has all but put the pieces together anyway (like his comment about Arrow having lost people (like a detective doing an interrogation trying to get a reaction), and his total lack of surprise at seeing Arrow watching his conversation with Laurel or even showing up at her home).

I agree with Noel though--finally, the writers have found their footing!

More+
Flag
It certainly did seem like Quentin made an effort *not* to look the Arrow in the face, out of sheer respect. There was no drive in him to learn the identity of the masked hero at all cost. I think Paul Blackthrone conveyed these expressions well. And perhaps he knows, or at least suspects something.

But then the issue with Oliver's hood not exactly covering his identity extends well beyond his interactions with Lance. It's a constant problem, especially when he stumbles upon those who would all but give anything to find out who he really is.
Flag
Not sure why, but the torture scenes from this episode made it feel darker than any previous episode. Season 2 is great so far though :)
Flag
Ra's a Ghul was a lame toss-in, especially if you're not going to have superpowers for Black Canary. He's a big-deal character and there's just no reason to bring The Demon's Head into the fray unless you're willing to back it up - which this show simply isn't. And it doesn't fit either Black Canary or Green Arrow. This was Arrow trying to be cool and have a tie-in to the Batman Begins movies, I think, and ultimately it's going to suffer for the attempt because that's a lot of weight no matter how you slice it. I doubt they'll bother bringing him in, so he's just a pop culture touchstone name to be dropped.

Anyway, this episode was a little better than most, but Ollie was the weakest part and that's always frustrating - doubly when the island flashbacks seem to have nothing to do with anything and aren't carrying their own weight, for once. Quentin "Larry" Lance was good (holy crap never use "Larry" as a middle name again, show) this episode and really felt like a driven character. Laurel was awful but in a believable way, although holy jeez the makeup they have her in now makes her look bizarre more than ever. Roy got to serve a point, although he sure is stupid for getting caught offguard like that, and he's stealing from Thea. And Moira is now facing the death penalty in a felony murder case, that's... a thing.

I keep getting hung up on Ollie though, he's not growing as a hunter/archer, he's walking around hallways with Quentin instead of stalking outside, watching the back door. When you see Batman do stuff like this, he's badass, he's thinking several steps ahead; Ollie doesn't even get fooled by a mannequin in the window, he just walks into the room like 'whatevs'. There's still no drama to Ollie, he shoots arrows and villains seem to either shrug them off or not depending on the plot - this week's villain took an arrow to the back and just pulled it out like it was nothing. Ollie just stands around, he doesn't hunt, he doesn't stalk, he doesn't really do much of anything except walk into trouble and get smacked around.

As for Laurel's arc in this episode, it was fine and I'm glad they called it out as thin and voiced it, finally showing the ability to create character development that only looks like clumsy writing. A little late perhaps.

Sin really is a no here, there are just so many characters that are now incorrectly related that it's impossible to connect certain dots because others don't know them or don't care about them. The namedropping this show commits is clumsy in that respect.

As for Black Canary, she was fine although we didn't get much of a personality out of her, and fighting for women is a rather lazy type of character that feels like a throwback to the golden age comic book writing. The lack of a canary cry is fine, using toys is fine, looking like a criminal is fine, not being Dinah Drake Lance is a bit dubious though.

Ollie also had to turn the TV to channel "52", for another DC tie-in. These tie-ins really feel like they're written by outsiders most of the time, maybe that's just for the CW audience whom they have no faith in.

Not only did Quentin walk next to "the Arrow" for a while which should have given him a good look, but Laurel gets a solid look at the Arrow's face 3 separate times in the episode - the last one they actually pause on Laurel's face so maybe she recognized him, but I bet that was more about coming to grips with him being a hero. But his whole nose, mouth, and chin are staring these characters in the face even if you allow for the ridiculousness of the green eye makeup and they don't pick it up at all.

Ha! Thanks Daglas, that was awesomely accurate.
More+
Flag
I am also longing for Oliver who actually learns and grows as a hunter and as an archer. So far it's all very inconsistent at best: quite often he does dumb things, occasionally he happens to do something smart. I would like to see more of his training being realized. I keep hoping against facts for some noticeable progress before mid-season finale
Flag
Staff
I think there's enough stuff from the comics to tie Canary to the League, though she wasn't involved with them very long, if I recall correctly, and fairly certainly she didn't interact with Ra's. But if you remember my theory from the first week that I greened out, then it sort of falls into place a little bit, I think. This ties back to Sin, too, but I suspect they're not going to follow Sin's trajectory from the comics too closely.

And what's wrong with Golden Age throwbacks? I'm all for it. Let's have Oliver officially claim Roy as a ward!
Flag
I have no problem with Golden Age throwbacks, but "Larry" is not a middle name, "Larry" is a nickname and now it's one that's identified with the guy who picks up chicks at the Regal Beagle.

My problem with using the League now is that it defines her, it's the first major thing we learn about her and it's a big deal thing, yet in no way would it define her otherwise. Yes, it does play into what you were saying previously about other things especially with Sin, but it really shouldn't be defining her.
Flag
Eh? In the comics Black Canary SLEPT with Ra's al Ghul. Some noninvolvement indeed!
Flag
Staff
See. This I did not know. Or recall. When did that happen?
Flag
Am I the only one who thinks they are not going to show Ra's at all... He'll be a shadowy figure for as long as they can find someone suitable to play him.. and even then.. shadowy figure lol

On a completely different note. Can they find a role for Liam McIntyre so I can have Crixus and Spartacus back together. THANKS lol
Flag
If Liam McIntyre was 'Arrow' this show would be one of the best shows on television. I still think 'Crixius' is making Amell a better actor. Amell is never better than when he shares scenes with Bennett on this show. (Isn't it ironic how Liam beat out Amell when 'Spartacus' had to recast Andy's part? Too bad he couldn't have beat him out for this role as well.)

I want this show to find parts for Liam and for Dustin Clare (Gannicus). Both would fit in nicely.
Flag
And if Whitfield could raise from the dead he would've done a better job than both of them combined. Or not (but I still miss him). Speculations!

I don't find it surprising that Amell would lose the gladiator role to McIntyre. He wouldn't have fit in nearly as well as he fits in here. So perhaps the universe knew what it was doing.
Flag
Then Amell would have to come up with a fake accent... *sigh*...
Flag
If they did show him, how much would they have to pay Liam Neeson to do it? :D

Or maybe they already have... maybe Yao Fei or Slade is Ra's! (Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, and I am actually joking, but it's not unheard-of on here to do the bait-and-switch, nor in certain superhero films for the hero's mentor to turn out to be him.)

Flag
Staff
*sits quietly on bait-and-switch notions*
Flag
You mean of course, beyond Speedy-is-Thea-but-Red-is-still-Roy-despite-Thea's-wicked-aim, Tommy-is-not-the-Dark-Archer-but-Daddy-Merlyn-is, Sara-is-BC(#1 at least)-even-though-Laurel-and-mama-are-named-Dinah, and Billy-Wintergreen-is-Deathstroke(#1 at least again)-but-Slade-does-have-the-mask switches? :)
Of course, any of those could switch into their namesakes, but some would be ill-advised. (Tommy would be really ill-advised. Do we need an Arrow version of Jason Todd coming from the Lazarus Pit? Probably not.)
But I'm running with the idea that you mean more than Sara (since that's been public info since midsummer), so we'll see how Ra's pans out. :)
(Noel, I'm guessing you're sitting quietly on my Quentin comment up above too.) :)
Flag
I agree, they don't have the cajones to show Ra's al Ghul.
Flag
They do and they will.
Flag
Does this mean we might possibly see a young Bruce Wayne somewhere down the line?
Flag
If there is a tie-in to Batman (or even TDK), it'd be interesting to see how they do the timeline, since technically Oliver and Black Canary are older than Batman in the DCU, although that never stopped Smallville from blending them into the story. Plus I noted last year how funny it was that they made Oliver's dad look like the comic book Oliver, just like they had Laurel and Sara's mom be the original Dinah Lance and gave her straight blond hair, so that might be their sole nod to the ages of the comic book versions.

Flag
I thought it was Allison Scagliotti, not Bex Taylor-Klaus as Sin.
Flag
I did not know Sean Maher was going to be in an episode! That makes me so happy. We were just watching Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing the other day and wondering why we never see him in anything.

Anyhow, I really loved this episode - it was an improvement over the last episode for me, which I thought was kind of boring.

I was pretty excited to hear Ra's Al Ghul's name, but then I'm not really a comic fan, just someone who likes all the superhero films. So it's possible that I was just excited to know who they were talking about lol. Anyhow, I think it could be pretty cool; I would kind of like it if we just hear about him for a while without actually bringing him into the show.

Laurel...ugh, I just don't know. I thought her crusade against Oliver might make her more interesting, but about halfway through this episode, I started to feel like it just made her even more annoying. And, actually, I should clarify, I liked Laurel for most of the first season, though I often felt she was a bit boring. These past few episodes, she has really annoyed me though. Her breakthrough at the end of the episode was maybe a little promising, but, I just don't know. I'm concerned that I just won't ever really be that interested in her, or like her very much. I've liked almost every other female character on this show way more than her, even the Huntress, who I know wasn't super popular. I'm just not sure what the show could do to make me invested in her character.

Lance, on the other hand, I love, and I really liked him in this episode, too.

More+
Flag
Staff
I'm with you in that there isn't much the show can possibly do to bring me around to legitimately caring about Laurel as a character; how she's treated and how she's developed, I can deal with it, but her individual ups and downs don't have an impact on me, which isn't the best thing in the world, but at least the rest of the characters are generally more interesting and engaging.
Flag
Agreed. Heck, I care more about Roy and Thea than Laurel's character. The only reason I care about Laurel's character is how much characters I like care about her (Oliver, Quentin, Sara--her exit to save Laurel was very well played). Sort of like how I felt ambivalent about M'gann by late in Season 2 of Young Justice. As in that case, the writers have painted Laurel into an emotional corner because of too much on-and-off stuff with her, so that any future development will take some time to gel to be remotely convincing. Yeah, she had a breakthrough (yes, dummy, you are as guilty of Tommy's death as Moira, if not more so, at least among those still living), but if I were Oliver? Even Sara seems more stable right now.
Flag
I've read a lot of DC comics, so I can see Noel's self professed fanboy stuff, so I have no problem with the references.
My only real problem with the episode was the fact that Black Canary killed the Dollmaker - and they just brushed it off, made no mention of it
Flag
yes, that has to come back! they are making a big point of the non-killing stuff this season!
Flag
Staff
I can see that coming back as she plays a plays a larger part. Hopefully. Maybe. ...Maybe.
Flag
First of all, great job on the review!! You go into the substance of things and you obviously have a good knowledge of the comic books which add to it.

I was confused when I heard Ra's Al Ghul's name. I've only heard him in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight rises. So the idea is exciting. However, I'm pretty sure that it won't live up to my Liam Neeson impression of him.

It's nice to see Lance working with the Arrow. And ironic. But they are effective together. To be honest he kind of reminded me Gordon in Batman.

Laurel is in a stage of greed. At some point she will understand that Tomy's death wasn't her fault.

And I really don't know how the american legal system works, other than the american legal series, but shouldn't the judge be impartial? He didn't seem like that. Anyway, this whole thing served the purpose of presenting that Moira had more secrets and there is something more there.

Flag
I knew there was something that bothered me there. The judge came off as way too biased, all things considered.
Flag
Ya, it was a bit much with the judge. But the point is Moira is accused of killing 520 people. No matter how impartial, a judge is not going to be happy about that, so he or she will not be sugar coating the truth.

In real life thgough, it would not have been portrayed that way
Flag
I forgot to mention - I'm not a comic book reader and these comments has me hella confused and I feel so left out, like I'm watching Arrow but I'm missing years and years of back story. As Noel suggested can someone start a discussion in the Arrow community labelled Comic book Spoilers - there are so many names mentioned below that I had to Google to try to keep up with the terminology: Sin, DeadStroke, Ra's al Ghul, League of Assassins/Shadows, Lady Shiva, Professor Ivo.... On a normal day I don't really like Spoilers but in this case I love Arrow and I want to know it all.
Flag
Points on Broken Dolls:
Laura stared Arrow right in the face during the rescue, that must be some hell of green spray paint. I can understand how Lance is purposely trying to avoid finding out Arrow's true identity, but if he continues working with him by the end of the season he needs to know.

Laura finally admitting Tommy's death has nothing to do with Arrow. I do find Laura kinda annoying and hope's her attitude changes drastically.

Eager to see how The Island story is going to play out.

I'm intrigued to find out more about Moira's secrets. Did she have a secret love child with Malcolm???

As Noel mentioned:
Lance's: 'A guy with a bow and arrow can’t save a guy who's had a building fall on top of him.'
Roy's: 'Not the face'

Also can Diggle train Felicity please, if she's going to be out in the field - atleast a little self defence training will go a long way.

Lastly can Abercrombie's Roy's storyline also be improved - errand boy is going to get old real fast for me.
More+
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members