An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW

Arrow S02E18: "Deathstroke"

You are such a tease, Arrow. I was all pumped for a mayoral debate and then you interrupted it with a hostage video. SIGH.

While Slade has been lurking around Starling City for a while now, giving growly instructions to Sebastian Blood or poking at Oliver with memories of time on the island, he hasn't really taken action. So, having grown tired of Shado's home movies and taking in the Queens' collection of American landscape paintings, Slade made his move. In fact, he made several moves, and they were all doozies.

The goal was always to make Oliver suffer, to strip him of his life, his allies, and his family, but it was never really clear how Slade intended to achieve any of that until now. Like most supervillain plans, Slade's was a little convoluted, but it was also predicated on the hero doing exactly what the hero is suppose to do. In this case, Oliver was expected to get distracted and leave himself wide open for the body blows Slade delivered this week.

The search for the Mirakuru and Brother Blood, and then his growing paranoia about Slade's plots, caused Oliver to become singularly focused on figuring out how his time away from Starling city had come back to haunt him. Factor in Laurel's addiction problems, Sara's return, keeping Roy in line after he was injected with the Mirakuru, and then random ne're-do-wells like Shrapnel and William Tockman, and Oliver's plate was pretty full. So full, in fact, that thinking strategically became even less of a priority than usual, and instead Oliver took more reactionary steps that left him vulnerable on all fronts.

So he chased after Slade, even while acknowledging that Slade had likely been working on his plan for years, and couldn't catch up to his old friend. He looked for bank accounts, followed them to offices manned by dead Bratva members. He attempted to protect those who could not protect themselves, only to call off Roy and, in doing so, allow Thea to be kidnapped. These sorts of happy accidents often make villains seem more omniscient than they might otherwise be—could Slade have truly anticipated Oliver ordering Roy to break up with Thea, and just in time for the mayoral debate to provide the perfect stage for a splashy hostage video?—but they're also part-and-parcel of the hero squaring off against his arch nemesis, and the nemesis gaining the upper hand.

In this case, Thea's kidnapping served two handy purposes. The first was that it made Roy so understandably angry with Oliver's actions in putting Thea at risk that he abandoned his belief in Oliver—strengthening the Roy/Slade and Thea/Shado parallels the show's been building since Oliver decided to train Roy—and then he got the hell out of Starling City. So Slade managed to remove the Mirakuru-infused variable of Oliver's team from the equation, even though it appears that Roy's strength poses about as big a threat to Slade as a flyswatter.

The second was to reveal to Thea the true nature of her paternity. This aspect of Slade's plan—just like telling Laurel that Oliver is the Arrow—was another instance in which its success hinged on people behaving just so, and here it required Thea (and Laurel) to believe what Slade was saying. That Thea would be angriest at Oliver struck me as decidedly odd, but given Slade's framing of the information, he did what he set out to do in demolishing Thea and Oliver's relationship just as Oliver and Moira's seemed to be laying a new bit of foundation.

Which left us with Arrow addressing one of its big criticisms of the back half of the season: that Oliver is an absolutely horrible CEO of Queen Consolidated. Again, Oliver's been distracted, so running the company that keeps his family in that mansion hasn't been high on his list of priorities. But the fact that Oliver's neglect only became an issue this week, as Arrow decided to pay off Isabel's presence, is rather lazy. It'd be one thing if Felicity had even once mentioned all the missed calls she's been taking as Oliver's secretary since the show returned from its winter break, but instead it's only something that's surfacing now. So, yes, the show purposefully took Oliver out of Queen Consolidated's orbit to play up the distraction angle, but since the show didn't really mention that orbit, it seemed more like a dropped storyline than a way of saying something about how Oliver is spending his evenings.

The reveal of Isabel working for Slade threw me for a small loop, because I was so focused on Isabel playing her own agenda or working with the League of Assassins (don't ask me to what end; I never made it that far in my theorizing) that I didn't even think of her as being in league with Slade. Hindsight being what it is, this was the part of Slade's plan that worked best for me, as access to a major corporation's resources would be exactly what Slade would need to manufacture himself a merry band of Mirakuru-boosted criminals. Isabel's reasons for agreeing to the scheme—"The sins of the father are the sins of the son."—hinted at some past deed Robert had performed, so hopefully that'll be explained soon, especially considering all the little things Moira has said about him throughout the season.

With all this having happened—and Quentin's arrest!—"Deathstroke" hopefully set the stage for Arrow to hurtle itself through its final five episodes of Season 2 in an exciting fashion. Hopefully, now that Oliver's been given a very bloody nose (though how much did Queen Consolidated really matter to the show?), we'll see him follow through with his goal of fighting back. I like the idea of Team Arrow as a bit of a covert ops team, and, if anything, it's an angle the show likely would benefit from playing up a bit more often.

FROM THE QUIVER

– This episode gave us a bit of insight into Slade's mental state, namely that a warped voice of Shado is influencing his actions. Oliver had better hope Thea doesn't die, otherwise Roy's going to end up with his own Mirakuru-fueled ghostly delusion.

– "Just wondering: When did you become so scary?" David Nykl is having a ball with Anatoli, delivering delightfully loopy line readings.

– "They're calling you Deathstroke." "A bit flamboyant. I like it."

– "I swam." I'm so glad there's nothing more complicated to Slade's escape from Lian Yu than that.

– Thea's 19 and running a nightclub. I really thought the writers had just aged her up between seasons and decided not to mention it, but nope!

Arrow is off next week, so we'll return on April 16 to discuss "The Man Under the Hood." See you all then!

What did you think of "Deathstroke"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/7/2016

Season 5 : Episode 9

313 Comments
Comments (313)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The moment Laurel finally put Joey Tribbiani's acting lessons to good use, conveying shock by dividing 232 by 13....

Flag
another 2 week break... GOODBYE ARROW~!!!!!!
Flag
Awesome episode! It really gave the direction this show will take from now on.
- Seems like Oliver's bad (and let's say boring) trip of self-pity is finally over. What he has been failing to understand is that this is a game, the longer it takes for him to start playing the more he will suffer and lose.
- Can't say I didn't see that little coup d'etat coming from Isabel's part, after all it was what she wanted since she first appeared. Her working with Slade is quite surprising though, all the time she gave me the impression she was pursuing her own endgame. Despite that I think she has a very personal reason to strip Oliver from his company, specially given that cheesy line about sins she spat on his face.
- Roy was the real surprise of this episode! He led me to believe that his faith on Oliver was beyond questioning. Not saying he is wrong, Oliver did take all the wrong turns since Slade decided to make his big entrance. But I think he was a little too quick on passing judgement onto his now former mentor. It served on purpose though, thanks to that Oliver came to realize that he has been waltzing with Slade the wrong way ever since they started and that he has been stepped on the foot from the beggining. Now he is going to do it the right way, fight back as he decided.
- Slade is breaking Oliver peace by peace. Started with his relationship with Thea, then putting Laurel and Sarah on opposite sides on this whole Oliver's identity thing. Giving Starling City to Moira (because that is what he is doing) will be the last nail on the Queen family's coffin. The army that will destroy Starling City ultimately will be created by Queen Consolidated, which will spell the end on the name Queen.
- Before the season finale Oliver will see both of his lives on the edge of the abyss. On one hand Slade will have the fate of Queen family, on the other Laurel will have the fate of the Arrow. One of these lives he will lose for sure. If he decides to go after Slade he will lose his family, if he decides to stick with the Queens he will hand over the city to Slade and his benefectors, the League of Assassins.
Decisions, decisions...
More+
Flag
Somebody, please explain to me how the hell the show is blaming Oliver for Shado's death? It's been bothering me for a while now. Ivo had the gun and he was forcing Oliver to choose between Sara and Shado, which he couldn't. So Ivo decided to kill Shado. He did not say he was going to. He just pointed the gun and pulled the trigger.
I understand that after the Mirikuru, Slade kind of jumped off the deep end in terms of his logic and reasoning skills so I can see how he blames Oliver. But in reality the only way Oliver could have saved Shado was if he told Ivo to kill Sara, right? And there was no guarantee Ivo would even have since he later told Sara she was never in any real danger (forgive me if I'm mistaken about these details).
So from what I understand from that episode, Shado's death was not by Oliver's doing. He didn't "point the gun" like Ivo claimed to get into his head or whatever. Slade is just being illogical, right? Except, why is Oliver even blaming HIMSELF for her death? At some point he even said something like its because he 'chose Sara' that Shado died? And then Sara was like, 'but if you chose Shado, I would be dead?' Bitch, when did he ever choose you over Shado? I don't see how running up to Ivo, dropping on his knees, and screaming "NO!" means "I choose Sara!" So yeah, what even? What. Even.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how ridiculous it is that Slade's motive for everything he's been doing is revenge on Oliver for Shado's death because he was in love with her or some nonsense. On those island scenes they kinda skimmed over how Slade might've had some feelings for Shado, but its nature it seemed was more like a crush a guy might have on his friend's girl. They were never together. They never even kissed. It was never mutual. But then she dies and it's like 'YOU KILLED THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!'. Huh???? I can see how Roy could (still illogically, mind you) react that way if Thea was somehow in Shado's place, because the show has made it obvious their TRUE MUTUAL LOVE for each other.

I love this show. I really do. And this season has been fantastic. I just hate that major plot line is based on this kind of BS, and I wanted to express my opinion because it's been bugging me and also I'm procrastinating on some serious work and fiiiine whatever I'll go do it now.
More+
Flag
THANK YOU for saying this! I have been so furious over this lie. WHY does Oliver believe it? He knows he did not choose either of them. And if had done, I hope he would have chosen noble Shado over that bitch Sara, who was perfectly willing to steal her sister's boyfriend. It sickens me that Oliver even likes her at all now. Sara is the worst, most tiresome person on this otherwise good show. I get why Slade is confused because he overheard Ivo lying about the choice and Oliver stupidly did not deny it right away. BUT WHY doesn't Oliver ever deny it? He is not crazy like Slade is, so why does her keep letting the lie stand? I wish the writers would fix this dumb thing.
Flag
Well he did sacrifice his girlfriend to save another girl so I understand how he could blame himself and I also understand how someone who isn't thinking straight would blame him for letting the girl he loved died...
Flag
We have been having this same debate over and over again since Slade went all ballistic on Oliver. I think most of us agree that Slade blaming Oliver for the death of Shado is BULLSHIT, but I guess you just have to go with it. At least this episode showed us how messed up in his head Slade is; Shado's ghost seems to be controlling him. It is safe to say the guy is just plain crazy, totally irrational because of the Mirakuru.
To answer your question "why is Oliver even blaming HIMSELF for her death?" Well this is what he does, he always blames himself. He blamed himself for Tommy's death, Shado's death, he even blamed himself when Quentin's partner was killed by Cyrus Gold.
I guess heroes (or vigilante soon to be hero) like to carry this kind of burden. They have this ideal that they have to save everybody and when they fail, they blame it on themselves. Don't sweat it,
I keep asking myself why the hell Ivo made Oliver choose between Shado and Sara when he had the serum and could have just left or killed all of them... since I will never get a logical explaination, I just decided to go with it :-)

More +
Flag
I enjoyed reading your comment. That's definitely a good point; Oliver did blame himself a lot throughout the series for things that weren't his fault, which is pretty annoying in my opinion. I guess what bothered me the most about the whole thing was how, as I mentioned, Sara seemed to agree that Oliver had chosen her over Shado, and that came across to me as the show saying he had even though he didn't . . . if that makes any sense?
In any case, I wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, so thank you for being kind and giving me a legitimate answer!
Flag
Yes, Bryan MacDonald makes a smart point about Olliie blaming himself a lot. He IS noble. BUt as for Sara going along with it, I think she wants to believe it because it feeds her ego. I HATE HER!!!
Flag
No worries, I perfectly understand what you mean as I have been asking myself the same questions. And as a huge fan of Shado, I still quite don't understand...
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
i loved that ep!!!it had it all...the only thing that i dont like is that everyone knows thw "secret" of oli...that aint no secret guys...we all know that oliver queen is the arrow...
Flag
It looks like that it's gonna be Slade's army of mirakuru freaks vs the league of assassins in the final episodes of this season......
Flag
loved it!!
- I didn't like that laurel knows the secret (more lances in the cave), I thought they were going to tell quentin!!
-I looove summer glau
-finally someone just tells him to go, yay for felicity!
-roy/thea I don' know, it is kinda of interesting
-I definetely want to see how they fight back! can't wait until april 16!!
Flag
This episode was one of the best episodes
Flag
best episode ever!!! This was like a season Finale.

Will they be able to stop Slade this season? I hope they don't kill him off.

What villain will be able to top Slade next season because he is just so awesome and the best.
Flag
I'm pretty sure they will. He is a great villain but it seems like we've seen everything about this character or we're about to. If they don't kill him, he might end up becoming less interesting and that would be a shame. I think season 3 is more likely to have Ra's al Ghul as a villain.
Flag
i can see that
Flag
Love this show, but its starting to develop some really epic plot holes and has crossed the line from "a bit dumb on occasion", to complete "Makes no sense" (Oliver CEO/ Everyone just believing Slade even though hes a bastard/ Thea the teenage nightclub exec/ Moira the social outcast to popular Mayor)

The writers need to get their shit together.
Flag
Totally unimportant, but I've always thought it was strange about Thea running the nightclub. Maybe it's different in the US. But where I live You can't serve or sell alcohol if you are under the legal drinking age.
Flag
here(greece),the legal drinking age is 18,so if you have the money u can own a bar and drink as much as u like...BUT in the US of A the legal drinking age is 21.i think that thea can own a bar but she can't drink...i dont think that we have seen her drinking at any scene...
Flag
It's comic world so it's all cool....
Flag
Hence, why I said unimportant. It's not like I sit stewing about it. That being said, I don't think the 'oh, it's comic book world' is a great defense. This show so far is trying to stay grounded in reality. So in the next episode if they have pink singing elephants bent on destroying the world, you would be fine with this and say "Oh, well it's comic land"?
Flag
in argentina you are legal at 18, plus they are millonaires who is going to tell them something?
Flag
As in my country, but this is set in the US - Legal age is 21. And no, money wouldn't exempt you from this law in my country. But yeah, It's not like it bothers me, was just always curious.
Flag
LOL...Totally agree.

Flag
This episode was one of the best episodes of Arrow till now! Everything you want and need was in it....loved it and sat on the edge of my seat!!
Poor Oli, he really had a hard time this episode as Slade made his big move..
First kidnapped Thea ( to make a point), then Isabel took over Queens..( to be honest, didn't see that one coming, did you??)..Then distracted Oli and got himself a army and at last Laurel found out that Oli is Arrow...oh and without actually planning it, is now Roy against the Arrow..

So what is going to happen next week. Loved the flashbacks and i now notice that Slade is working for Shadow's Ghost...she commands him what to do....maybe we should contact Jennifer Love Hewitt from Ghost Whisperer so she can help Shadow cross over, maybe then Slade will find peace..lol...

As long he has Felicity i am all fine with everything that happens to Arrow...!
Flag
Loved this episode and all its twists. But I don't get why Laurel would believe Slade so blindly.
Flag
Come on, that Laurel and Quentin never figured out that Oliver is the Arrow is beyond me. Seriously you won't recognize someone you know for years dressed with a hood at just 15 ft?
Flag
It's the comic world and that is how it works......think about Superman - He puts the glasses on and no one can recognize him?
Flag
I accept that. But seriously, if the penny doesn't drop after being told then that is just plain idiotic.
Flag
The way Moira's secret was framed as Oliver's was acknowledged in the review, but I want to comment anyway. Obviously it's Moira's secret, which Oliver wouldn't have known about if not for Felicity, and it's not Oliver's to tell. Although it made it a nice surprise when Slade told Laurel Oliver's actual secret at the end, it wasn't worth the cheap misdirection to make us think he'd told Thea.

Despite that, I still enjoyed the hell out of this episode. I just hope they don't do away with Slade at the end of the second season. They've built him up for too long to do that. He's awesome and I love that they made him Australian and did it right (all they did - and all they needed to - is make him a guy who just happens to be Australian).
Flag
Isabel has finally become interesting. I hope she is actually Talia Al-Ghul or something. Oli needs to learn to stop trusting hot women, lol. Except Felicity. Hardly any Laurel this ep - good. Looks like she is becoming a sneaky badass though now she knows Oli's secret. Thea believes her kidnapper easily.
Flag
the "or something" looks like a pretty safe bet
Flag
IKR, Slade kidnaps her and leaves her with scary masked guy(Blood) and then suits up himself and terrorizes her as Deathstroke but she still believes whatever he says. She might be in a bit of shock but let's see if she changes her behavior in next episode.....
Flag
Yeah, she is still so naive and in charge of a nightclub at 19 too, hmm. Also how did Slade know about her father being Malcolm Merlyn, I've forgotten how he knew?
Flag
He didn't
Flag
But he told her unless he guessed.
Flag
Poor Quentin is always getting in trouble.....
Flag
Going frame-by-frame through the rapid-fire montage at the end of the preview for next ep, it looks like Roy likely headed to S.T.A.R. Labs (based on the frame of him unconscious near the end), perhaps in the hope of amping his abilities (again leaning toward Arsenal instead of Red Arrow). Reminded me a lot of the suspended animation pod scenes from the animated shows, whether at S.T.A.R. or C.A.D.M.U.S.

Can't tell if the guy in the chair with all of the inmates connected to him (earlier in the montage) is Roy, Blood, or someone else (Oliver has his bow drawn at the person).

But apparently Slade does manage to get his hand around the throat of a certain blonde.

Flag
Or maybe Roy Harper wants to return to normal.
Flag
And of course that always goes according to plan in the DCU, because there's never any self-serving or otherwise malicious scientists out there who try to use superheroes (and supervillains) for their own purposes. :)

All kidding aside, given Roy's last glance at Thea before leaving, I'd say that your view is a definite possibility. But his issue was that he felt Oliver didn't take enough action to protect Thea from Slade. Since his right cross only produce spittle from Mr. Wilson, I'm still banking on Roy wanting to enhance his abilities and his control over them, so that he can protect Thea from Slade (et al) and himself.

Flag
While the show has been silly from the start that was always part of its charm. But so far it's been funny silly, More along the lines "OMG, lolwut?" moments but past few episodes have ditched that silliness and started down the path of idiocity.

When you have been kidnapped by person who lied to get close to you and threatened to kill you and then that person tells you your brother has been lying to you about your father you:
A. Dismiss him because he is lying kidnapper who may have it in him to kill you
B. Take his word for it and trust him completely

If you chose B. then congratulations, you need to be on this show.

Further case. If you work at DA's office and person who has been named kidnapping suspect and is target of manhunt barges into your apartment and tells you your ex boyfriend is vigilante you:
A. Dismiss him because he is a suspect in major crime
B. Take his word for it and trust him completely

If you chose B. then congartualtions you, well, you get the picture. It also says a lot about your gullibility.

Then there is the fact that Slade is more upset with Oliver for choosing Sarah over Shado in "one gets killed and other gets to live" game than with doctor who actually killed her.

But hey, Felicity in miniskirt.... :)
More+
Flag
There were previous episodes in which Thea suspected that her mother was having an affair with Malcolm Merlyn.
Flag
With respect to what Slade told Thea, I agree with your points. Also, Thea has no independent basis to suspect that Malcolm Merlin is her biological father. However, I disagree with respect to Slade telling Laurel that Oliver is The Arrow, because I do think that, given her interactions with The Arrow/Oliver, her father's ongoing connection to The Arrow, maybe some past reflection on the Tommy/Oliver relationship, etc., Laurel could reasonably believe that Slade told her the truth, or that at a minimum, the claim deserves investigation. If Laurel and her dad compare notes, Laurel would learn that Felicity is deeply connected to both Oliver and The Arrow, further supporting that Oliver is The Arrow. And if Laurel can wrap her head around the idea that Oliver is The Arrow, I don't think it would be a much greater feat for her to figure out that the understanding masked blonde heroine from the hostage situation was Sara (she was gone for six years after all, and she's Oliver's girlfriend).
Flag
I agree, Laurel may connect the dots and the idea may already be forming in the back of her mind. But the problem is that it's coming from Slade. Person who was named a suspect in Thea's kidnapping, person her father arrested, based on Arrow's tip, which got him in serious troubles.

The whole point is that Slade isn't a credible source. Neither Thea nor Laurel have reasons to trust him over Oliver at best of times and have every reason to think he's lying now, after kidnapping Thea. Yet they both take his word at face value and don't consider he may be lying to get away with kidnapping. Thea doesn't even ask Oliver and/or her mother if it's true, she just trusts everything Slade says.

If this came from some Slade's henchman, somebody Thea and Laurel trusted before Thea was kidnapped, then I'd say they had reasons to beleive him. Coming form Slade now? No reason whatsoever.
Flag
They frickin' cut away and we didn't even see what Slade told Thea! For all we know he had access to records definitively proving Merlyn was her father. He could have revealed some very personal thing that made Thea believe he had accurate information. And let's not forget, Thea has been thinking someone has been lying to her (her mom) for a while now, so it's not much of a leap to think she would buy this. And Laurel, didn't say anything! We don't know if she completely believes Slade or not! But when a crazy eye patched serial killer barges into to your apartment and tells you your friend is a vigilante, you are probably going to have a stupefied look on your face! My guess is, this will put the idea in her head that Oliver COULD be the vigilante. She will dig further or something and get proof.
Flag
While yes, logically Slade should not be considered a credible source, there's also no reason that he's lying about those specific things either, in the way that out of all the things this guy could make up, why make up this lie about this one thing? Naturally Thea has no idea that Slade is specifically out for Oliver, but in that context, what possible evil/monetary/world domination gain can your kidnapper get by telling you that you have dodgy parentage? Sure it might require some suspense of belief, but I'd rather spend time addressing the fallout of secrets revealed, than an extra five/ten minutes with characters arguing/verifying the truth. The only real thing I dislike right now about this is that Laurel is probably going to get more involved and more mess/annoying Laurel is about to ensue.
Flag
Thea might not see what Slade has to gain by telling her about who her father is but there is no reason why she would trust him. I mean, he just kidnapped her and threatened to have his men kill her and it didn't look like Stockholm syndrome kicked in. Honestly, Thea should dismiss anything Slade says right away.

Same for Laurel. For Slade it would be much better if he had Blood tell or hint to Laurel Oliver is Arrow. Right now she doesn't distrust him and if Blood would time and frame things properly he might get her to think she was duped into believing things about Blood becaue Oliver is Arrow. Slade barging into her apartment few hours after being fingered as kidnapper and playing iportant part in her father's troubles? Laurel would be stupid to trust anything he has to say and should consider it just an attempt to not get caught and attempts at misdirecting her.

As I said, the issue isn't what Thea and Laurel may have thought before, the issue is that from their view they shouldn't trust anything Slade says, even if might make some sense on surface.
Flag
This episode was fantastic. So much happened, the fight sequence with Oliver was amazing, and so many bombs dropped. Totally was not expecting Laurel to find out till maybe next season. But this makes sense because hopefully it will give her something to do. This is one of the best episodes I've seen of any show in quite awhile. Besides the blasphemy that was Monday night, this has been a great week in television.
Flag
Great job, love every second of this episode and I thought it really came through to move the story ahead at a frantic pace.. what a ride!
Taking a break from the Lance sisters but having Quentin arrested.. yeh baby!
The last 5 or 6 episodes I was kinda wantin to put an arrow in Roy, so I'm lovin this split.
I thought Slade's plan was done to perfection and if I was Ollie that island might be looking pretty good about now.
Telling Laurel he is the Arrow after everything else was brilliant.

Bravo Team Arrow
Flag
WOW loved it every minute of it every second. This episode had every thing from reveals to well executes one liners (" just wondering, when did you become so scary"), every thing in this episode was perfect including Roy going AWOL see ya. Who the hell is Isabel? She is gooood, I like her more than I did before. Poor Thea she needs a break. It was nice to see that darker side to lollies fighting again when he went to save Thea the second time. Slade is a guenius a evil guenius.
Flag
Didn't see the twist with Isabel coming! thought Slade was going to tell Thea that Oliver was the vigilante and Deathstroke was badass!!
Flag
Where the hell was Malcolm Merlyn? His daughter was kidnapped FFS......He better show up on the next episode.
Flag
He'll probably be in the Season Finale.
Flag
I sure hope we get to see more of him in the remaining episodes this season.
Flag
Less involvment of the Lance sisters, results better episodes!!!

Flag
Spoiler:

Isabel in the comics is in love with Olivers father and was in a relationship with him for a while. I forgot everything else but she kinda wants to get Queen consolidated as it is his legacy or something.
Flag
I'd argue that Thea wasn't more upset at Oliver about the paternity as much as she felt more betrayed by him. She understands why her mother would keep that from her and what she's capable of so Moira Queen doing something dishonest probably isn't that big of a shock to her but Oliver doesn't really have any significant reasoning as to why he kept that secret beyond, "it's what's best for everybody." She probably feels more betrayed by him because she'd never expect him to keep something like that from her.
Flag
Agreed but how did Slade know that Oliver knew Thea's true parentage and was keeping it from her? He didn't install those cameras until after all the secrets came out.
Flag
Thea accused Oliver of keeping the secret about her real dad "for years"? Is this true? Didn't Oliver himself find out about Merlyn's paternity just recently?
Flag
Yup but Thea didn't know that and Slade crafted it in a way that Oli did
Flag
Manu Bennett just plays Slade so well; with a few simple words he can sound so threatening! And just turning around and casually walking away at the end, that was great
Flag
like someone here said you walk away like a bad ass.
Flag
Well, those last few minutes really turned this episode around for me, so I edited out some of my complaints regarding this episode. :)

* I almost feel as if somehow my posts are being read and that the Arrow writers finally realized and/or owned to the fact that Oliver hasn't actually been running Queen Consolidated.

- I wonder if Isabel working with Slade Wilson was always there or if it was made up while writing this episode.

- We still don't know where Slade's money comes from. Maybe Isabel is financing him?

* Oliver is supposed to be likable but he's a completely entitled POS when it comes to his inheritance. He treated the family company like sh)t and he still was treating his mother like sh)t. Again, that company and his mother are the only reasons he's not currently in prison and is the only reason he's so important and powerful.

* Apparently, I'm correct regarding Isabel actually runs Queen Consolidated. She managed to get half the company for her company, she's been running it; it's still successful. She should probably have been compensated around 9-figures so far. With the takeover, Isabel could possibly turn herself into a billionaire.

I really hope that Isabel stays on the show, that Thea now that she knows who her father is takes over Meryln Global and maybe gets on the Board of Queen Consolidated and that Moira becomes mayor. The 4 most powerful people in Starling City would be women: Moira, Thea, Isabel, and the District Attorney.

* From all accounts, Moira is not as bad as Oliver's father, Sara Lance, and the Huntress. It'll always be a mark on Oliver that he slu)-shamed his own mother.

* Oliver deserved to have Queen Consolidated 'taken away' from him. He was only using it as his 'personal pocketbook' anyway. The stock would probably actually do better now and therefore Oliver, Moira, and Thea will probably become even wealthier.

* I hope the idea of Thea financing Roy and Roy kind being competition for Oliver takes shape. I don't like the of Roy leaving. Team Arrow shouldn't be filled with Oliver sycophants.

* Sara is becoming unlikable. She disses Roy because he couldn't run fast enough to catch up to a car going at like 40 MPH. She then threatens his life for no reason. He wasn't going to kill Diggle. She was going to kill Roy for merely hurting Diggle.

* By the way, if Isabel was taping the 'Boardroom' she could easily press charges against Oliver and have him in jail.

More+
Flag
I have to disagree, with a few points. We've seen enough people on Mirikuru lose it that Diggle's life was very much in danger when Roy was like that. And it probably wouldn't have killed Roy anyway, just knocked him out.

His mother, while portrayed as sympathetic, is still a pretty nasty piece of work. I don't blame Ollie for how he treats her, she's partially responsible for everything, from Robert's death, the island, to the mass murder. She could have spoke out sooner.
Flag
* Oliver's attitude toward his mother could be 'okay' if he didn't associate and have relationships with the people he does. I don't see how Moira is worse than those like Sara Lance, the Huntress, Oliver's father, etc.

* Roy wanted to go try to save Thea and the other members of Team Arrow stupidly were trying to stop him simply because they are sycophants of Oliver's and wanted to wait to see what Oliver wanted to do. There's zero indication that Roy was actually going to kill Diggle.
Flag
I have to say i agree with all you guys who notice plot holes like Oliver regressing, poor decisions, Slade's planing of revenge (in terms of timing and motive), Shado 'choice' etc. Those stories really kill characters. Apart from that, i am happy to say that the show does seem to be improving, for me at least. It is definitely better than the unfortunate trip to &Lance; family dramaville& that lasted for last 5 or so episodes. It seems they broke away from that. YAY :)
What i saw in this episode in particular, is just how good of an actor Susanna Thompson is. She just elevates every scene she is in to completely another level. And Manu is so awesome that you go from- omg i shouldn't like him, i must not like him, he is evil, he is bad to- go slade, kick his ass man! Little of Sara and Laurel, so that was a huge plus for me. Of course, Laurel takes the crown of the unhappily written character again. Why does she even bother to lock the door? Can someone please explain whole Laurel arc to me again, please? I am serious, at one point she started drinking and using drugs, she got fired, then she went to rehab, she got her job back, now she is like she was before, so why were we put through the torture of those episodes?
When Oliver spoke to Diggle and Felicity that was it, that is team Arrow. I didn't miss Roy or Sara. Like i said i am fine with occasional Sara, she is great Black Canary and i really like her action scenes with Oliver/Arrow. Roy? Really don't care where he is, for now. So, is Slade planing something special for those two? He acted on Moira, Thea, Lance family... He has to know what Oliver's team means for him. I read somewhere that he's going on Felicity in the end, which could be awesome if done right.
More+
Flag
Manu Bennett is so great the material could be terrible and I'd still be loving this season. Thankfully, it's been a really strong season and aside from a few minor complaints, I'm pretty pumped about it and can't wait for the last stretch of episodes.

http://www.untemperedtv.com/?p=754
Flag
How could Slade have been working on this plan for years? Slade didn't know that Ollie would get off the island and become a vigilante with all these compatriots, that only happened about a year and a half ago, right? Slade's plan is a very good one, nearly as detailed as the comic book character in New Teen Titans (suck it Robin, that's what you get for trusting Terra); but it's not really believable that it's been in the works for years.

Honestly, I enjoyed this episode despite Ollie not really doing anything Arrow-like (and barely firing any arrows at all), but there were a lot of coincidences needed to pull off this episode. Arresting Quentin for example is really out of left field, there's no case there whatsoever, but it comes at the perfect time.

Still, Slade Wilson's true colors really shone through here, it was an impressive turn and that's what I focused on while watching this. If only his Deathstroke costume didn't look so stupid - I blame the show being made in Canada for all the hockey armor here, especially the helmet.
Flag
Yes I agree with arresting Quinten wassup with that? But remember Slade has got a man on the inside so he could probably be influencing these desicions
Flag
Perhaps, but there are a lot of cogs in a machine like that, gonna need a bunch to make anything stick for real.
Flag
Regarding Quentin Lance's arrest, I'm wondering what exactly Starling P.D. and the Starling City D.A.'s Office have on him with respect to The Arrow, other than that The Arrow is basically Lance's unofficial C.I. (confidential informant). This alone might be grounds for work-related discipline or termination, but not criminal charges.
Flag
This has been the first Arrow episode (aside from the Digg centric) one that i've really enjoyed since before their winter break. Roy's anger towards Oliver was understandable at times and I have to say that his comments cracked me up. Not cool how he attacked Diggle though, so not cool. But I'm sure we'll see him return to starling city soon, kid needed a break.

I agree with Noel in that Olive's neglect of his family's company being addressed and a plot device was random in how the writers handled it. He was a pretty bad CEO, mainly because he never cared about the position. But handing over the company to Isabel was so stupid on his part. Can't wait for more Slade/team arrow confrontations!!

The show should really address and clarify how Thea is running the club, whether it's unofficially or officially(though isn't that illegal?). She's 19…not even legal to drink. Sure it's a tv show but seriously?
Flag
Yes but its her brothers club who in Star kind City can/will say anything to Oliver Queen or any of the Queens for that matter
Flag
Great episode. Manu Bennett was made for this role. However I am not sure Slade's plan is all that great. But that is kind of a given considering he is hallucinating. First, nothing that he has done yet is all that significant. Isabel might be CEO, but Oliver still has shares and makes profit from the business. So it doesn't dry up his money. Unless she tries to tank the business which then would bring another vote and Oliver or Moira or his Step Father back. So that isn't really a big thing, at least nothing permanent, also Oliver could unleash felicity and all her hacking glory and knowledge of Queen Consolidated to wreak havoc for Isabel. Also, if this has been going on for a while, her complicity with Slade, how long has he been planning this? From before Oliver even got off the island?

Laurel has suspected Oliver in the past, her finding out isn't that big of a deal, she isn't going to prosecute him, and once she knows that she knows both her sister and her dad are kind of on the team I doubt she is going to be long off the team. Plus she is back in the DA's office and can bring a case against Slade.

The case against Quentin is BS. An average Union Lawyer can get that expunged easily.

Thea is the most confusing one. Oliver didn't know until recently why blame him as much as Moira. I mean really. That is dumb even for her.

Now for Roy, Slade did him a huge favor. Roy is a blithering imbecile, a loose cannon and unreliable. I think Roy was more pissed off because he gave Slade one of his best shots and Slade took it like a champ and made Roy look like the chump that he is.

So basically Slade has gotten rid of the dead weight and distractions off of Oliver's shoulders. Freeing him up to focus more on Slade, but with Sarah, Diggle and Felicity who is the core of the group.

Also one more thing. If Thea was kidnapped, Where in the hell was Merlyn? He has to be slinking around the city or nearby somewhere. There is no way he wouldn't have inserted himself into the investigation at least unofficially as Black Arrow. Who again would be another person to join in with Oliver and take on Slade.

Great episode overall though. Hopefully this will limit the screen time for Roy for the rest of the season.
More+
Flag
I was wondering the same thing about Merlyn, his daughter was kidnapped and he doesn't show up, maybe next week him and Ollie teams up. Which would be great!
Flag
To be fair, the whole kidnapping ended in less than one full night. Assuming Merlyn fled after Moira threatened him with the League, he would have had to travel back, plan a way to get her out, and get her out, and likely timewise slade would've let her go before he was able to do that.
Flag
Yea but we don't know where he is. At least a phone call to Moira would have seemed likely.
Flag
@jstitely1

Actually that is the exact reason why I think he would want to be involved. He screwed up with Tommy and wouldn't want to repeat it with Thea. I think this would be an opportunity for Merlyn for redemption. At least perhaps in a later season.
Flag
Well also, this is merlyn. He isn't exactly the greatest father. Case in point, Tommy died because of his earthquake scheme, when he could've easily set up Tommy to leave starling city for that time period.
Flag
But he must hide from Moira AND from the League of Assassins - so it's possible he's hiding somewhere in Africa or in Asia in a small village where phones don't work and newspapers arrive once a month. It's unlikely that he hides in a big, big city where internet and phones and newspapers are everywhere - and where agents of the League can track him easily. In that case he learns about the kidnapping next year or even not at all - if the newspapers dealing with it can't be delivered.
Flag
Oh, and something random I am thinking of doing, is encouraging some of the TW community who don't seem to watch this to come over here. I just am weirdly dismayed we don't have more comments after an episode like last night...I just have to get to a selling point beyond Colton Haynes. Hm..maybe that Oliver and Derek would likely be drinking buddies....
Flag
One subtle thing that I really appreciated...was Slade referring to Oliver as "Kid." Its almost as if there is some part of Slade, and I don't actually know why this freaks me out more than anything else, still thinks of Oliver as his kind of kid brother from before the Miraku (like that kind of indeterminate length of time between defeating Friers and before the freight boat arrived and Oliver was kidnapped). Like that after Slade achieves his revenge (and yes I know one could read putting an arrow in his eye as death, but I don't think so, both he and Deadshot are more or less fine with weirdly Deadshot being the far saner party here) he thinks he and Oliver will be even and can go back to being friends. I don't think Slade was calling him that in the current Island flashback. Sorry, slow day at work.
Flag
David Nykl's "Just wondering: When did you become so scary?" line was perfect I could have sworn that it was Dr. Zelinka speaking to McKay
Flag
McKay was never scary though :)
Flag
The man blew up nine tenths of a solar system and felt no remorse and he possesses the knowledge to take over the world if he wanted to. He may not be traditionally scary but given the right circumstances the man could be a serious threat.
Flag
Sara was not scary. The line about her being scary seemed ridiculous to me. I didn't feel any emotion from her as usual.
Flag
Manu Bennett is bringing it as Slade. If your honest his motivations are slighty weak but his portrayal of the character is enough to make you forget this flaw. The revelation that Shado till haunts him adds a lot more credibility to his anger towards Oliver plus the Mirakuru. This episode showed you far more insight into Slade so we can finally understand his actions. Intimidating as Deathstroke in a physical sense, his calm demeanor with a psychotic edge in his Slade Wilson guise is hilarious to watch.
Flag
I hope Barry (The Flash) returns in the finale, and maybe malcolm merlin joins Oliver too ... so they'll all kick the hell out of Slade and his minions ! EASY !
Flag
Hope all you want, Barry is staying asleep until October\November
Flag
I think this was a very good episode, specially compared to the two before it. I have not been so fond of the latests island flashbacks. They are still dragging around the same story in this episode, but at least it was shorter, so I didn't mind it this way. A lot happened, and that's good. It was time for Slade to finally act! Not sure how the big reveals will have a major impact on the story, so I look forward to see what the have prepared :)
Flag
This is a much better episode than the last!

Team Slade vs Team Arrow is always great to watch. I am calling them Team Slade now since we have three members there (Slade, Isabel and Blood). Team Arrow now have four since Roy left.

It was not clear but Roy left Starling City right?

Oliver was made to look like a dumb ass this week. He made two major mistakes.

How could you give Slade to the police after you caught him without torturing him for Thea's whereabouts ! I mean if you wanted to do the right thing and give him to the police, at least find out where your sister is first. Roy was right to be angry at him.

Secondly, how could he just sign away his company to Isabel. I already knew Isabel is up to no good the moment it happened. What I did not expect is she works with Slade so that is a good surprise.

I also did not expect Slade to let go of Thea so easily. I know she was suppose to be a distraction but should he not hurt her a bit more to torture Oliver?

At least in the end, Oliver admitted his own mistakes to Felicity and Diggle. It is also nice to see both so loyal to him even though he fumbled.

I loved it that all the secrets are out. Initially I thought Slade would tell Thea about Oliver being the arrow but instead he chose the other secret.

"That Thea would be angriest at Oliver struck me as decidedly odd"

It is understandable that Thea is angriest at Oliver because she told him I think last week that he was the only one that NEVER lied to her. Ofcourse now she found out she was wrong and the only person she trusted lied to her too.

And now Laurel becomes the next person to know about Oliver being Arrow! I wonder what is the point of Slade doing that? I thought he was going to kidnap her and turn out he was just telling her a dirty secret. Ha!

Slade's plan is still kind of confusing but since the writers show him HATING Oliver so much, whatever he is planning better be good !
More+
Flag
I think Slade is still trying to make an Mirakuru army, perhaps now out of the inmates and that he needs time to do that. Since it kills a lot of people who take it, I think? I feel like this episode was about his torturing Oliver mentally and trying to turn everyone in his life against him, to mess with him psychologically so he gets distracted. Basically showing him that he could kill his family if he wanted to in order to unnerve Oliver. Thus he made Thea and probably now Laurel hate him and maybe he hopes Laurel will come after him legally or at least complicate his life a bit.

Yes, I think Roy did leave, though I was a bit bummed he didn't grab Thea and take her with him.
Flag
I understand Slade is making a Mirakuru army but to do what? Take over the city just like that? How does that hurt Oliver? This is based on a comic book so I am not even going to ask how can he control a bunch of prisoners who is injected with Mirakuru? Look how difficult it is for Oliver to try to teach Roy.

I think the comments below, some people were saying Roy leave to the same city that The Flash is in.
Flag
yeah that's a good point, I never really thought about how he could control his Mirakuru army. At least he presumably wants them all to be rage killing machines who wreak havoc. My only guess for his intentions are that he wants to ruin the city and cause chaos. He must know that Oliver is the Arrow to "save the city" so in his twisted revenge plan he must think destroying it will hurt Oliver.
Flag
Thea and laurel smh
Flag
Yeah, I agree with many comments regarding the fact that Oliver should be a little bit more smart than that. The show has constructed an image of him like an all trained guy, trained enough to own the respect from the SpecOps Veteran Diggle. So he could or should have a bit more strategic sighting.

Anyway, I like all the possibilities that are now open for the five last season episodes.

But besides all the thinking and forecast exercizes, I really want to finish my speech saying that Felicity is getting hotter and hotter. So, yeah, it is a pleasure to watch her... I mean, to watch the show! The show! Whatever...
Flag
I don't think it has to do with Ollie being smarter.. It goes to show just how fearful and obsessed of/with Slade Ollie has become that his better judgement is clouded.. Remember this is only year 2 of Ollie being a super hero and of course he's not gonna have the foresight and steel nerves that the likes of Batman does at least not yet.. he is still pretty green to having a nemesis.. Besides Merlyn he hasn't had anyone go toe to toe with him yet and give him real trouble.. I mean brother blood but that was technically Slade as well..
Flag
Was pretty absorbed in it for the first half, but kind of lost interest in the second half. Some nice reveals, of course, but Ray's actions and lines were far too contrived, as were others. I DID like the whole Shado thing in the background dictating what Slade should do, though, except that it's making the back story a little harder to believe.
Flag
Thank you Noel for the great recap.

I really, really enjoyed this episode. Probably one of my favorites since the mid season finale. I loved how they ended it with showing the "true" team Arrow of Diggle and Felicity standing with Oliver. At the end of the day it's going to be them that will always remain his faithful followers. I think Oliver is starting to realize that.

Also does it make me a very bad human being that I was excited when Slade busted in to Laurel's apartment, I was like "yes, yes, yes", and then when he left right after telling her the big secret, I was like "you forgot to snap her neck"? Yep, I'm terrible.
Flag
I didn't get why Slade would want to kidnap Thea knowing she's Merlyn's daughter. Do you really want the the Dark Archer coming after you? I thought Slade had inadvertently drawn Merlyn into his battle with Oliver when he took Thea but no such luck..would've been cool though.
Flag
Maybe Slade thinks Malcolm Merlyn is dead.
Flag
I really don't think Slade is concerned with a Dark Archer.
Flag
Laurel isn't even locking her door at this point. Nor is she using the peep hole. No one can help you at this point, Laurel.
Flag
Yeah, I groaned a little when she opened the door without looking thru the peephole.
Flag
If she had looked through the peephole here are two possible things that could happen.

1. Slade kicks the door in and scares the heck out of Laurel - not really smart if you ask me.

2. Slade calls her on the phone a la Scream which would mean you wouldn't see Slade and Laurel together in that scene and it wouldn't be as entertaining in my opinion.
Flag
Are you actually saying it's smarter for a young woman living alone to not look out her peephole because the door may get kicked in? Wow, thanks for the advice, I will now start doing just that.

I get that you're saying they had to go for entertainment value - your #1 option would have been entertaining and not made Laurel look like an idiot. Or they could've used a door for the set that didn't so obviously have a peephole.
Flag
For these reasons alone...she has to go!!!! :)
Flag
She's not going anywhere. Accept it.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Stephen Amell stated in a video that he isn't sure if Flash will appear on Arrow again, but he said there will be other Central City characters making an appearance. Since they are currently filming the second to last episode, that pretty much excludes Flash from Arrow, unless there is a crossover when the Flash series begins.

Another thing, you would think that someone who has studied law would have some measure of intelligence. Laurel has been a victim so many times yet still answers her door without looking through the peephole
Flag
Also... shouldn't Slade be acting a little berserk?

Granted, he's had five years to get his Mirakuru rages under control. But other then the occasional scream (like at Thea last night), he seems to have it pretty well under control.

Also, does that mean Roy will eventually start hallucinating dead people telling him what to do?
Flag
They've got a get out jail free card on Roy's lack of hallucinations. Slade was injected with "pure" Mirakuru; Roy and everyone else is getting a second hand version of drug so it has slightly different effects.
Flag
Roy also hasn't had a traumatic event like a loved one dying to "set him off"
Flag
Thea being abducted and Roy failing to save her seems to be pretty traumatic...
Flag
But Roy didn't know that...
Flag
Getting kidnapped and getting murdered are a little different on the "set you off" scales. Also nothing happened to her when she was kidnapped she my have been crying but she wasn't assaulted.
Flag
Maybe he knew it and left town, given all of his "If I had stayed near her, she wouldn't have been abducted" angst. His final solution after going on about being there for her is to... not be there for her. Ummm, huh?
Flag
Unpopular opinion - I'm team Slade. &

I've grown to despise Oliver. I started hating him ever since season 2 began.

1. He vowed not to kill again in order to honor Tommy's memory.

- He killed the Count, and the writers simply forgot and/or swept it under the rug? I honestly don't know ... what's the deal? Are we also supposed to forget he broke his promise? He had no problem killing him and he doesn't regret his decision. (from the speech with Felicity)

- This ties in with the no killing thing; Oliver is a hypocrite. He talks and gives the Huntress speeches about how killing is wrong but he's still doing it.

2. This Hero thing the writers keep trying to push down the viewer's throats.

- Felicity (as well as few other characters) telling Oliver that he is a hero.

-- When Oliver was sick, "the ghosts" or his concsious was telling him that he's a hero.

- I agree with Roy, people are allowed to question and disagree with Oliver's decisions; they are terrible! I'm so sick and tired of "we are going to do whatever Oliver says because he's the hero of the story although he's done nothing to prove us that he is a hero.)

- Lastly, he couldn't save the Glades fro being destroyed and Merlyn is still alive. What exactly makes him a hero?

3. Stepehn Amell's "acting" skills aren't helping.

- Seriously, get the guy some acting lessons asap or just replace him. I honestly wouldn't care if he was re-cast. He has literally the same exact expression in any given situation.

My sister has been kidnapped:

My friend died:

I'm angry:

same damn expression ALWAYS in every single situation. I'm so annoyed by this.

Now, the episode alone was great. I loved Slade, I love Isobel, and I even liked Sebastian Blood. I love Sara, and I've grown to tolerate Laurel. The only character that I still hate is Oliver Queen.

anyway, wall of tex/rant ends here.
More+
Flag
Oliver is a huge hypocrite and it has been bothering me more and more these past couple episodes. I agree with all your points about him. Roy was right on the mark with everything he said to the team about Oliver.
Flag
could you be kind enough to tell me why you think he's being a hypocrite?I honstley don't know.You said the past couple episodes it has been bothering you and the count killing happened earlier in the season so don't know exactly what your reffering to.
Flag
It's the way he trains/talks to Roy, talks to Sara and Helena.

I feel like Roy would have a better time of controlling his anger if he worked with Diggle and not Oliver. Oliver is kind of condescending to Roy treating him like a child when he needs to be treated like a valued member of the group and trained like a soldier. Yes Roy has anger issues and is a liability but scolding him like a child isn't going to make him get over his Mirikuru anger.

Laurel was in trouble so Sara was to stay behind, Thea is in trouble and he is all over it and nobody can stop him from trying to get her back. Oliver expected Sara to let him deal with it.
Sara was in the League of Assassin's I don't know how much you know about DC lore but the League isn't just some ninja club if Sara was a member she is a serious threat and can take care of things herself. - Side not it was a joke that Helena could stand up to her in a fight.

Oliver is one of those guys that is do as I say not as I do.

He talks about Helena being a killer when he was exactly that and the only thing that made him change was Tommy dying. Oliver needed this huge moment in his life to understand what he was and he thinks Helena should get it by him being sad about her being a psycho.

Oliver tells his mother how he is done with her because of her lies then turns around and does to Thea what Moira had done to him and he thinks it's okay because he was protecting her. That's exactly what Moira thought she was doing, but it's okay for Oliver because well he's better than everyone else.

This is just what I remember off the top of my head, I don't want to rewatch and make a list of everything but there are more little things he does that bother me. That being said I don't dislike him he just annoys me with his attitude.
More +
Flag
What's Oliver supposed to do,go into a deep depression because he broke a promise so he could save Felicity's life?Seriously man think about it.And besides,the count was bat shit crazy and neede to be put down promise or no promise.
Flag
Why is Felicity's life more important than Count's life?? Who's to say?

Who's Oliver to play God? He had a choice, he could have spared him ... but he chose to kill him.
Flag
Did you have the same complaints in season 1 when he was killing everyone in sight?And if I'm understanding you right,you would have just watched as Felicity was killed right in front of you and tried to take down the count without killing him?

p.s. Slade is also my new favorite character as well.We agree there.
Flag
dont fall into that state of mind whether its real life or fiction. " why is felicys life more important than the counts life" like a cop shooting a gunman who is trying to kill someone else. It comes down to the fact you give up the right to live when you are about to take anothers life. plus the fact the count is evil and felicity isnt
Flag
I think that is the dilemma that writers are TRYING to bring about for Oliver.
And Felicity to Oliver is more important than the Counts life. When some is threatening someone you care about/love you don't stand by sometimes horrible measures are made. But I agree to a certain extent that the writers should maybe bring that "Im not going to kill anymore" thing up again because it is weird.

Although I think the episode that Oliver saved Felicity and Felicity apologized for putting Oliver in a situation where he had to kill again kind of talked about it...briefly. (can't remember episode name sorry).

Still hate Sara though (team Olicity :))
Flag
Well, since you are watching a show named "Arrow" and Oliver Queen is the main lead, he is without a doubt "The Hero" . If you despise the lead perhaps you should watch another show.

Then again there is nothing wrong rooting for the Villain too. Slade makes a much better Villain than Merlyn from last season.

But you do know the Hero always win in the end :-)
Flag
Yeah, I know :P

But I love Slade and I loved Slade +Shado so it's easier for me to root for him than Oliver.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members