An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)

Arrow has added yet another DC Comics character to its upcoming third season.

Medium's David Cubitt has been tapped to guest-star as Mark Shaw, otherwise known as Manhunter, TV.com has confirmed. Shaw is an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle.

Cubitt joins a long list of guest-stars coming to Arrow in Season 3, including Brandon Routh as Ray PalmerCharlotte Ross as Felicity's mom, and J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat. The series has not yet cast the highly anticipated new villain Ra's al Ghul.

The casting was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

Arrow returns for its third season on Wednesday, October 8 at 8pm on The CW.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

20 Comments
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Nope, I've seen the Beware the Batman episode and they used the original red-and-blue costume that became the android Manhunters' outfits.

Same storyline as the 70s Manhunter, though, with a Dr. Mykros creating clones of the original to become his personal army and conquer the world.
Flag
A female Manhunter like the one Marc Andreyko penned would have been nice.
Flag
FYI, this was heavily teased with the character of Kate Spencer, but sadly they killed her off before anything "heroic" could be done with her. Not nice, guys... not nice...
Flag
I kinda liked the previous years' style of being surprised as they showed up, though maybe the characters are less well-known this year. Congrats David Cubitt.
Flag
I thought Kelly Frye was guesting on Flash not Arrow?
And if Mark Shaw is turning up then Manhunter could just be another Mockingbird, Harbinger type codename. Easter egg references that have almost nothing to do with the character.

And seems the writers are still leaning heavily on Batman, with the Corto Maltese popping up.
Flag
Kelly Frye was cast as Bette Sans Souci/Plastique on 'The Flash'. They seem to be building up a good cast of characters for that show. The writer needed to read more carefully the article(s) she borrowed this information from. Same company is making both shows that share the same universe but they aren't the same show. (Liked that character on 'Smallville' when played by Sarah Parker Kennedy ('Black Sails', 'The Secret Circle'). 'The Flash' also cast Robbie Amell as 'Firestorm' - (If they wanted a place to help out cast members of the company's failed project 'Tomorrow People' I think they should have found roles for Luke Mitchell or Peyton List.)

Charlotte Ross as Felicity's mother and Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer both have me very interested in 'Arrow' Season 3. Good casting.
Flag
he looks a little like Dr. Doom in the picture above.
Flag
It better be a better Manhunter than Smallville's!
Flag
That was Martian Manhunter. This is a different character.
Flag
Oh, I did not know that.
Flag
all they need now is bring Tom Welling
Flag
No Man Escapes the Manhunters!
... reads article ....
who is this guy?
Flag
Wikipedia could probably tell you the long convoluted history. Off the top of my head, Shaw was the third Manhunter, after Paul Kirk and some 40s guy with a dog. He was led astray by the android Manhunters but after a brief stint as the Privateer, eventually put his training to use to become a freelance bounty hunter. Had his own series, hung with the Suicide squad back in the day.
Flag
Well, Kate Spencer was a later Manhunter in the comics, but her character on Arrow is dead.

Pity they didn't do the Paul Kirk Manhunter from the 70s. Coolest costume in comic book history.

Flag
It also looks like the Paul Kirk version will be appearing in an upcoming episode of Beware the Batman.
Flag
Yeah, she she was killed off I was a little sadden by the fact that a Birds of Prey spin-off episode or mini-series won't work. But then she was kinda old for the part.
Flag
They could still do it with other characters, but one less of an option.
Flag
Wow, I didn't even notice that was Kate Spencer on Arrow. Too bad they didn't keep her around, would've made a neat appearance later after Arrow built up a more extensive rogue's gallery.
Flag
I'm not familiar with the character but I think the actor will fit in well in Arrow's world.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members