An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)

Arrow S02E23: "Unthinkable"

"Unthinkable" was more than just a season finale. Sure, it resolved Arrow's big Season 2 plots while leaving a few threads dangling to keep us wondering over the summer (you'd better not die on me, Quentin!), but it also brought closure to the stories of all 45 of the episodes that preceded it. Knowingly or not, Arrow had long been building toward those last few scenes of "Unthinkable," with Oliver and Slade in an A.R.G.U.S. cell in the bowels of Lian Yu, and Past Oliver waking up in Hong Kong, free of the island and its terrors. Those moments, along with Thea's departure with Malcolm, made it clear that we're entering a new phase of Arrow's narrative.

The series' first two seasons essentially constitute a single story, a story in which Oliver sought to understand how he could save Starling City, whether as the murderous vigilante or the less murderous hero. Racking up a body count in Season 1 clearly didn't do much, and in the same way that he initially aimed to honor his father's memory by rampaging through the city's criminal element, the no-kill rule in Season 2 was intended to honor Tommy's memory, to subscribe to the notion that maybe there was a better way to make a difference.

This didn't always work out for Oliver, as we've all been very quick to point out. The Count's death. All those dead Russian prison guards. It was good of the show to acknowledge that Oliver had "faltered" with regard to his no-kill rule, and to question whether or not he was capable of following through with it—especially as those around him encouraged him to make an exception for Slade, and then maybe he could really start sticking to it. Of course, Arrow could've done a better job of dramatizing some of that struggle within Oliver, as opposed to having him always work to stay Sara's hand. The temptation to kill someone never really presented itself prior to Slade's return, and even then, Oliver was pretty steadfast in his refusal to off his old friend.

Despite its varying degrees of success, the story of Oliver getting to the point where he accepted that he could be this hero started back in Season 1, as Diggle tried to get him to stop a family of bank robbers instead of just corrupt one-percenters. It was a character arc that took time to build and narrative events to justify. Oliver being so resolved so quickly this season may have been a bit more satisfying, but he needed to be stripped to the barest of essentials in order to realize that he could achieve his goal of honoring Tommy's memory, and perhaps he could save the soul Diggle was worried about back in Season 1 as well.

Oliver thinks with his training and with his arrows, and he thinks as a lone operator. He doesn't think strategically, and he doesn't think as man with allies who are just as committed to his cause as he is. He projects his insecurities and his fears onto his allies; sometimes this is justified, as it is in Sara's case, and sometimes it isn't justified, as in his to-this-point concerns about Felicity's safety. While Slade may've provided Oliver with the ultimate test (for now, because there's always a bigger fish), it was Felicity who provided Oliver with the inspiration for how to defeat Slade without killing the guy, yet still preventing Slade from taking anything or anyone else from him. All it took was a little thought and faith. (And potentially lying to the woman who has a huge crush on him. That must've hurt, Olicity 'shippers.) With Slade's defeat, Oliver finds himself with the confidence and trust in his comrades that he needs in order to commit to this previously thorny path. 

It wasn't just Oliver's arc for the past two seasons that was resolved in "Unthinkable," either. Felicity has gone from being the IT woman who ignored flimsy demands about tech needs from her billionaire playboy boss and freaked out when a bleeding Oliver appeared in her car to being willing to inject a de-powering serum into a super-powered psycho who's holding a sword to her neck. That's a corner turned for Miss Felicity Smoak, one that Oliver will have to acknowledge going forward. With a little training, Felicity could certainly protect herself from the more "normal" threats that Starling City faces. Like with Oliver's evolution into being a hero, Felicity's growth as a character had to be motivated by events that meant something to her and those she cares about. Otherwise, it's just "Hey, what if Felicity was suddenly beating up goons?" with no explanation at all.

Thea has faced a similar journey; she started out as a spoiled brat, and now she's angry and broken. Her frustration with the lies and secrets wasn't based solely in the revelations that Moira was involved in the Undertaking or that Malcolm was her father or that Roy wasn't willing to give up his heroic calling; it was based in the fact that no one allowed agency in her own life. Those around her believed she couldn't handle various truths, instead of giving her the respect she deserved to deal with things and work through them. That's why she ended up getting into Malcolm's limo at the end of the episode. In a life where no one offered her choices, Malcolm did: Stay in Starling City, with its lies and half-truths, or join Malcolm where at least he hasn't lied (yet). It was a sly instance of symmetry, given that she rejected Walter's similar offer to take her in following Moira's death.

Then there's the Lance sisters. Only Quentin seemed at all perturbed that his previously presumed-dead daughter was going to go hang out with a bunch of assassins. Laurel was all, "Hey, that's cool, sis. I ain't gonna judge," while Quentin yelling at Nyssa may've been my favorite part of the episode. Laurel's been through a lot, as we've discussed for much of the back half of the season, and to find her feeling content just before Quentin began to succumb to his internal injuries was something of a relief. The hand-off of the leather jacket may've been a passing of the torch, but given how patient Arrow seems to be with developing its characters and their stories, I wouldn't expect her to be joining Oliver in the field all that soon.

Sara seemed happy as well, but I don't know how well that worked for me. Has Sara accepted who she is, or is she just running away from her family again? I like to think that she's obtained some new understanding of herself, but it's not really clear to me whether or not she's had some sort epiphany. Either way, I'm glad that Arrow has left her alive, thus allowing her the chance to return, and also that it kept the League of Assassins link viable.

As I think back on this season, I keep returning to two things. The first is that Arrow grew a great deal in this season. Even if it struggled a bit with Oliver's no killing thing, it was far less awful than the justice/revenge nonsense from last season, so an improvement on that front. It also managed to find a balance between the personal melodrama and the costumed crime-fighting so that Arrow didn't feel like a few different shows competing for attention. While it's pretty ridiculous that pretty much everyone knows Oliver's identity, it also meant that there was more overlap in those story threads, and that prevented things from feeling too segregated, as they often were last season despite Moira's involvement in Malcolm's machinations. Indeed, the fewer secrets everyone had, the better the show became.

Along similar lines, the serialized storytelling was better executed compared to last season. Dividing up narrative attention between Sebastian (letting us know he was the man in the skull mask very quickly was also smart) and Slade kept the big seasonal storyline moving, compared the other drawn out or seemingly ignored way that Malcolm's plan and its moving bits, like Moira's involvement or Walter's kidnapping, often were. The standalone, episodic villains and case are still hit (the first portion of the season) or miss (pretty much the entire second portion), so that's still something for Arrow to improve on going forward.

The other thing that came to mind as I reflected on Season 2 had to do with women. I realized it before the finale, but Arrow is dedicated to its female characters. You may love them or hate them, or you may have issues with how the show structures their narratives (I'm in the latter category; I don't care if I like character or not, so long as he or she is well-crafted), but for a show that's been about a whole lot of man-pain—Oliver's angst, Malcolm and Slade's respective grievances (both of which are motivated by the loss of women)—the show has never left its female characters without storylines. Look at this season, look at this finale. Oliver, of course, received plenty of attention, but so much of the rest of the action was focused on the women around them. 

While some of it merely romantic polygonal stuff, that's not the only thing the women of Arrow are concerned with. Moira had her redemption arc this season with the trial and her mayoral run. Thea became a self-assured and emotionally stable businesswoman before everything was ripped away from her. Felicity's always been cool and funny, and she's only maturing and growing more confident as the show progresses. Laurel and Sara both had large arcs this season that focused on their inner and outer demons. And Season 3 seems primed to keep that going, with Amanda Waller hopefully on her way to having a larger role.

Sure, some of this may be motivated by the demographics intentions of The CW, but consider that Supernatural—a significantly more melodramatic show than Arrow that airs on the same network and has plenty of man-pain to go around—seemingly can't help but kill every female character who isn't played by Felicia Day. Arrow could've followed in that path somehow or another, and instead it offered up women with conflicting and contradictory emotions and motivations, even if we may not agree on the validity of the representation.

Which bring me to my one Season 3 request, apart from better standalone plots and villains: a female Big Bad. Given the events of "Unthinkable," it seems likely that Malcolm's going to recur in some capacity, and even Thea may even become a villain before all is said and done. But for now, I don't care if it's Amanda Waller, I just want a female villain with her own agenda and plot that Team Arrow will be responsible for foiling. Two seasons' worth of men driven to extremes by women is enough; it's time for a woman with extreme methods of her own.

FROM THE QUIVER

– As a comic book fan, I'm a little excited about this destitute Oliver. When Green Arrow was updated in 1969, Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil took away Oliver Queen's fortune and made him a strong left-winger and a champion of the underprivileged. I don't expect Arrow to engage in those political leanings—though I totally wish it would—but I certainly wouldn't mind Oliver doing some humanitarian work instead of reclaiming his company.

– The action was pretty wild this week, but what does it say about me that my favorite bit was the tail end of Oliver and Slade's fight? They were both exhausted, staggering and stumbling around. It helped to sell the intensity of their duel, even though the present-day encounter wasn't as intense-seeming as the one on the sinking Amazo.

– "It's called Kevlar." Thea shot Malcolm. Twice. So much for shooting at someone behind him, eh, folks?

– Diggle's gonna be a dad! That's nice! But I hope this doesn't mean the character will spend more time on the sidelines. I mean, there's still that whole H.I.V.E. thing to resolve.

– Someone needs to confirm that Isabel's really dead. Will a snapped neck kill someone with the mirakuru in them? Or will it just take a long time to heal?

– Did you miss the fun little teaser trailer for The Flash? We've got you covered! UPDATE: Now you can see the 5-minute trailer for The Flash. It's pretty slick.

– Best/favorite episodes of the season: "Identity," "Three Ghosts," "Time of Death,"  "Deathstroke," "The Man Under the Hood," "Streets of Fire" and this one, "Unthinkable." How about you? 

What did you think of "Unthinkable" and Season 2 as a whole? What do you think Season 3 has in store for us?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

Next Episode

AIRS ON 10/5/2016

Season 5 : Episode 1

331 Comments
Comments (332)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
My favs this season were "League of Assassins", "Three Ghosts", "Heir to the Demon", "Time of Death", "Deathstroke", "City of Blood", "Streets of Fire" and the finale. Deathstroke is my favorite episode of the series.
Flag
Despite everything Thea has gone through I find it very hard to feel sympathy for her in the light of her recent actions.

She rejected Roy when she found out he had been risking his life to work for the Arrow, despite the fact that the Arrow had saved her life twice.
Her refusal to take a few seconds to sign a protective contract and continue to push her family away, (knowingly) caused Oliver Queen to become banktrupt.
Given that Oliver throws everything he has to help protect the city, many lives will be on her conscience (assuming she has one).

I wander if Oliver revealing himself as the arrow would have made a difference to the situation (probably not)?

As her character evolves in season 3, I hope she becomes much less selfish and irresponsible. I know she has lost alot and no one trusted her with the truth, but that does not excuse her for the lack of responsibility towards the harm she has caused.
Flag
Not sure whether to list this as a goof or trivia. In the final episode, "Unthinkable," when Oliver first meets Amanda Waller, waking up in the back of a limo after sticking an arrow in Slade's eye back on the boat at the island, and Amanda welcomes Oliver to Hong Kong and says that they have to talk, the camera pans up above the buildings to show the Hong Kong cityscape. There are four buildings with Chinese characters as signs on each building. Each set of characters is a group of banking numbers used to prevent forgery. Most of the same numbers are used on each building. For example, the building closest to our protagonists show 拾 (10) instead of 十 (same number, 10, as in ten, if you're not clear on that point), both of which are pronounced shí in Mandarin. The banking number 玖 (9, jiǔ in Mandarin) instead of the normal character 九 (9, jiǔ in Mandarin) is also shown, as well as other "banking numbers". All the other characters used in the four signs are like this, except for 萬 (ten thousand, wàn), which has no other written form. Basically, these signs are meaningless. There is really no reason that a building would ever have these numbers on them like this. Is this a goof, and no one in the entire production team ever noticed, or worse, didn't care, or is it a clue for something in a future episode?
More+
Flag
How can I watch the season 2 finale on the internet?
Flag
I'm confused. If Malcolm 'loves' Thea, his daughter, so much( note the sarcasm) why not save her from Slade when she was kidnapped?? Or stop Moira from being killed at all. Maybe there wasn't enough time? Just a thought.
Flag
can someone please explain to me how did sebastian get a hold on the cure? and why can slade let it out of his sight? slade did not trust Blood enough, and he never is sloppy well until he gets hit by the neck with a woman when 3-4 arrows in a row can't hit him.

and even if blood got a hold on the cure for a second it wouldn't take that much time to chase after him.
Flag
You're so right. It makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't Slade destroy the cure right away? Or inject someone Oliver cares about with Mirakuru and threaten him with the cure only to destroy it?
Flag
By this point I think Olicity is all but dead, sad though but oh well, just so long as it's not laurel (but that's wayyy to much to ask isn't it..?)
Flag
I hate that they are yanking our chains with Olicity and then nothing Felicity please move on. You can do better.
Flag
Awesome finale! All the characters during the season came into play in this episode. I love Nyssa and the league of Assassins, I hope they will be a bigger presence in season three.

Thea has taken the torch from Laurel and has become the shows "hey everyone, my life stinks, Oh poor me" role. Very annoying.

I still haven't warmed up to Roy, yet and is Isabel Rochev really dead or will she be resurrected and be the one to break Slade out of that inescapable prison cage and will return to torment Oliver and company. Somehow I think this is how it will play out.
Flag
Felicity needs to get out the friendzone and get a man, she's too good for Oli. He knows she loves him and just goes with any bisexual blonde assassin he meets. He'll go back to Laurel eventually. Nyssa's accent was annoying. Glad Sara is gone she was a pain.
Flag
* Oliver is a bug compared to Ra's al Gul and therefore is a bug compared to Nyssa al Gul. And yet he feels he can dictate terms to Nyssa and talk down to her. AND KILL HER.

* It doesn't seem Diggle has any kind of immunity and yet he seems to think he can kill the CEO of Queen Consolidated, Nyssa al Gul, etc.

* Oliver Queen regarding Slade Wilson: "I can't even out-think him." Hilarious. Oliver maybe doesn't even have a 3-digit IQ.

* It's always been obvious that Oliver isn't in love with Felicity. He's likely not even attracted to her. Oliver sleeps with anyone he's attracted to and has any feelings for.

* Has Laurel had years of Special Forces-like training? How is she supposed to be the new Black Canary? Laurel can throw a punch, but she's not Black Canary-esque.

* Malcolm Merylyn is still rich.

* In reality, the CEO of Queen Consolidated is dead -- or she isn't. Oliver apparently is broke. He was a terrible CEO. There's zero chance he's going to be able to get his company back. If anything, Oliver should be the prime suspect in Isabel Rochev's death.

More+
Flag
- I think "project-let's-redeem-Laurel" is on track, but not to the extent that I'd like to see her with Oliver... It's just too soapy-esque!

- The "I love you" is still a sore point, and I don't know whether I'll recover soon. Please remind me, why can't they date? He dated Sara, so the "working" relationship can't be the problem...

Flag
Oh Come on, we know that he'll end up with Laurel, this whole Felicity deal is just an unneeded distraction, which means that in the end they'll destroy Oliver's relationship with his closest friend once it goes to hell after Laurel picks up the Mantles as the Black Canary in the place of Sarah, and the two end up in each others arms once more. After all Sarah knew that Ollie would need Laurel!
Flag
Whatever for? *lol* Laurel is a recovering drug addict with no skills to speak of. Neither is she able to give emotional support nor is she able to fight like her sister.
It's ridiculous for Laurel to become the Black Canary unless she goes away for five years and trains her fighting (and personal) skills.
Laurel would be better off as a sidelined character, let her become the next district attorney and help Team Arrow in legal matters. I'd prefer Sara as BC, I don't care that it would contradict the comics. I want a watchable show and aside from Thea, Laurel is the worst and absolutely unbearable.
It would be even more believable, if Felicity would turn out to become the BC. Don't know, if the actress starring as Laurel ever was good as an actress, but she's simply horrible even for a superhero action show like Arrow. I could picture her perfectly in a daytime soap.
Laurel is even worse than Kristin Kreuk in her stint as a superhero on Smallville, and that would have been hard to top, until Laurel showed up on Arrow.

Flag
Two thumbs up for Felicity, Diggle and Layla in this episode. Conflicted about the resolution of Sara's journey this season and Oliver in general . Some great moments this season - but TBH there was also a lot of eyeball rolling and fast forwarding.
Flag
I Really liked The finale, and that Flash Series will make for some Killer Crossover Episodes...
Flag
"Felicity Smoak MIT class of 09." loved that line haha Felicity has the best lines! and grats to Diggle on his little digglet! Oliver had me fooled when he said he loved Felicity. Can't wait for next season!!
Flag
Best review observation so far: Starling people is a city without people. We only see well-lit skyscrapers from above and empty warehouses. Gosh, so many warehouses!
Flag
Starling City, not Starling people
Flag
"Thea has faced a similar journey.." How old is Thea, anyway? 18? 19? 32? 47? It always seemed to me that it she somehow matured incredibly fast. She went from being a spoiled brat with absolutely now education or training to being a successful manager of a nightclub in about 30 seconds. Her reaction to everything always seemed to be that of the original spoiled brat. Did she get into that car with Malcolm, turn her back on Oliver because of what Slade the monster told her without a shred of proof, turn her back on Roy because he is now fighting evil and give up on her whole life, including Walter, whom she supposedly cared for because she just couldn't handle it? Gee, Thea, the whole city is being torn apart, but you can't think of anything but your own perceived hurts. Personally, I hope Thea is gone for a very long time and if she does come back I hope it is your Big Bad Female Supervillain.
Flag
The episode was awesome!! I love arrow but I felt cheated (olicity shipper)
anyway:
-felicity was awesome as always in this episode, she took down slade and she had her hopes up all in minutes. And that bit about her telling oliver to get a job was very funny. Also, that scene with ocean, why do you play with my heart show????
-please don't kill quentin
-I don't like laurel
I don't know what am i going to watch!! can't wait for season 3, maybe is the season of children (oliver and diggle's)
Flag
"While it's pretty ridiculous that pretty much everyone knows Oliver's identity"

I prefer this kind of story telling. I'm currently giving Smallville a rewatch and it really pisses me off how long it takes Clark's friends to find out, I think Arrow dealt with that way better than Smallville

Also I think Arrow is head and shoulders better than supernatural in it's current state. Supernatural used to be one of my favorite shows on TV. WTH happened to it?? it has been piss poor for 4 seasons now. Same shit, different week.
Flag
I hope Quentin leaves!! Also, the whole scene of Sara leaving was stupid. She is joining assassins, not a jolly band. And I don't want Laurel to be the canary. I want her to die, or be off the show somewhat. I know that is what writers want, but I don't. She has been better lately but she is still anoying and unprepared for the task. And Thea is annoying too-
Flag
As a purebred Olicity fan I was so ecstatic with the scene i the mansion that I rewound it 3 times. By the end I was so pissed i resulted to calling Oliver names. YOu cannot do that to a woman who you KNOW is in love with you.
Then at the end I thought the writers wouldmat least be nice and throw something to the fans like of course i love you Felicity wink wink...but no all we got was a cheesy retort from Oliver about how they both sold it. He's an a$$.
Agggggggghhhhh!
I couldnt even enjoy the episode anymore when I reflect on it because this is such a bitter taste in my mouth.
Flag
Ok so I read some other peoples thoughts on the mansion and beach scenes. People think that Felicity was in on it in fact it was her idea. I rewatched both scenes again after leaving this board and I still don't see what some people are saying, which is that the mansion scene seemed forced by both parties because they knew it wasnt real.
I dont believe that Felicity was in on it. She didnt realize it wasnt real until Olly gave her the needle. It's like other shows where ine character has a plan to use someone but they don't tell them because they need the whole enterprise to be believable and the only way to get that genuinly is to keep someone in the dark.
Felicity was trying way too hard on the beach to find out where Olly's heart truly lies I dont thi k she would have questioned it so readily if the entire thing was her design to begin with. It seemed more like she believed it for a moment which led her to hope that some part of it was real. Olly's reply about how they both sold it is him dodging both their feelings by saying of course you knew I wasn't serious so we both played our parts really well cause you caught on super fast.
I watched 3 season finales last night and this is the only one that had ne wake up this morning thinking about how pissed at I am that the writers screwed with us so badly.
More +
Flag
I agree with you Cynthia. I was SO disappointed with Arrow's finale. I feel like they wrecked Olicity. Not to mention a good show. I don't even want to watch season three. And I still feel that way over three weeks after watching it! And it's not only because of Oliver and Felicity! I had my hopes up but there were so many glaring flaws---

I.e.
1) Sara leaving with Nyssa to become a killer when she almost and tried to kill herself to get away from them! They could have at least made Quentin and Laurel be upset about it.

2) Sebastian Blood just walks out with the cure!? Really??!?! What!! At least show him a little opposition or make it hard for him to get it.

3) suddenly the good guys kicks have an impact of those supersoldiers? Even before they get the cure?

4) How did Oliver know Slade would have his mask off?

5) Slade said one more person had to die.... Then on Unthinkable he burns the city and still says another entity Oliver loves has to go. Huh? I was asking the tv if he wanted to kill yet another. 'Just one more person'. And I thought he was going to put an Arrow in Oliver's eye? That's kind of forgotten about at the end, from what I remember.

6) speaking of remembering......

REMEMBER Slade had the house bugged! Right? Why NOT go after Thea!?!!!? On City of Blood Oliver went there and told his sister she had the PUREST heart. That's just begging her to be corrupted by Slade further. And Oliver told Thea how much he loved her and how he wanted her for get out of Starling. Slade could have at least tried to get Thea or there could have been a scene with a soldier telling Slade we can't get her so Slade grabs Laurel instead.

7) P.S. On that thought.... I thought Thea could drive? Why not leave by car like Roy did? No. The writers set us up for Merlyn to save the day at the airport. Not that I'm not happy to see him again, albeit creepy, I was excited.

8) What about when Slade said he would corrupt those Oliver loves? They made it seem like Slade knew about Felicity! The tension has been building for months. All along they show how he plans all of these intricate things and then suddenly goes wacko at the end? Are we not supposed to take what he or anyone else on the show says seriously? I mean, the man showed up at Oliver's home throwing subtle threats at him and the viewers. He listed off all these horrible things he was going to do. He was smart enough to have Isabel take over QC, Why not at least take a crack at Felicity or try to hurt Diggle!?

No. Suddenly NEEDS to be told that Oliver cares about Felicity?! Slade made Oliver a promise. To hurt anyone and EVERYONE that Oliver cares about. He should try to hurt Felicity whether or not Oliver is in Love with her. If Isabel thought Felicity and Oliver were in a relationship, shouldn't Slade think so too?

Sigh, i could go on and on. I'm not fan ranting, I'm trying to point out the obvious. The writers set us up. Big time. Instead of giving us cheap melodrama and trying to appease the Olicity fans while at the same time sticking their tongues out at them, it would have been nice to watch a finale I wasn't expecting.

For Pete's sake, I write fan fiction and I rote a whole book after Arrow's mid season finale about Olicity and Slade making Oliver choose between Laurel and Felicity!!! I was hoping Arrow would surprise me. Like in the first series finale. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want anyone to die. But so many times that happens. Like in real life! The only one wounded was Felicity's forehead.

Ok. Ok the 'I love you scene' between Olicity WAS nice! but why kick the viewers in the teeth at the end!? I don't think Felicity was completely in on it. Why else would she practically beg Oliver on the beach--- 'HINT, HINT, HINT--- Do you love me!?!" And he just smiles. That is mean. Throw us a bone. Please.

The writers keep building Oliver up to us with episodes like when he saves Felicity from the count or apologizes to Felicity for snapping at her... But in the end he does not change! What happen to his chivalry. That was always something abouthim and this show that made it stand out. I love seeing chivalry on tv. It's a lost art.

But no, out of the blue Oliver messes around with Sara KNOWING she's trying to mend her relationship with Sara!? And gretting involved with the Lance girls in the first place trapped him on and is
and for five years! He tried so hard to make things up to Laurel after he returned. Why can't Oliver learn from his mistakes like a normal person? I liked Smallville tbh. And right now, I want to watch old episodes of that rather than Arrow's for another season. That Green Arrow was a womanizer! but at least he realized and acknowledged it.

i'm an Arrow fan, but I don't know for how much longer. The writers need to have more respect for their fans.
More +
Flag
relax!!! and give arrow a second opportunity I think season 3 is gonna be awesome!
Flag
I was raging mad on Twitter about the fake out in the arrow finale. But the next day, I read Olicity fan posts on Tumblr and Twitter and I could see the alternate way that they were viewing the scenes. It helps to see the pics that are posted on Tumblr. I hope that they due justice to Olicity in season 3.

Below is a site that references some of the alternate views of the scenes.

http://www.oliverandfelicity.com/2014/05/16/in-defence-of-unthinkable/
Flag
Concerning those two scenes did you notice they have the same theme score ? I guess it could be there to insist on Oliver-Felicity being/becoming something but on the other hand I can't be sure if this score has already been used (or not) in any other moment and/or episode ...
Flag
totally there with you, I did enjoy the finale but I felt cheated like they played with me, and that last scene, damn you writers!
Flag
At first I was pretty hurt. It felt like the writers were saying "FU viewers, we do what we want!" lol but then I read that one of the writers confirmed that Oliver's "unthinkable" act was putting the woman he loved in harms way as bait. So then I felt better.

So Oliver does love Felicity, he just probably feels that she's safer if no one knows it. That and he has to sort out his Lance Daughters issues first before he can commit to her, because Felicity is the kind of girl that you settle down with.

I can't stand the character of Laurel, but I feel like we're in for a heavy dose of her next season. Will she be exploring the Black Canary role? Training with Oliver as a fighter? And most likely will be a love interest again for Oliver.

I'm glad that we got rid of some of the characters, there were way too many story lines going on there for a minute. I'm sure Thea and Merlyn will return shortly into the new season though, which will be interesting because she'll have to fight against her brother and her former lover.

Lastly, I wonder if they'll explore Captain X. He was Felicity's father in law in the comic books, but his main skill was aviation and he had ties to the KGB. He was a skilled pilot, who "could be" the guy who taught Oliver how to fly. It would be an easy thing to make him her father in the show and so much better than Ivo being her father. Captain X was at least a good guy, not a crazy evil scientist. Mostly I would just love to know more about her.
Felicity is just the best.
More+
Flag
I agree with you 100%. Not gonna dig to much on Olicity, but I believe it will happen some day, Oliver need to resolve all of his problems first to be with her, but for me there is no other way but Olicity. For Laurel I have stated before, she doesn't bother me at all. Frankly I don't care for her, she is just like a decent add to the show, but no more. Her as the BC would be unsettling, basically cause she doesn't fit as one. Unfortunately the writers will make it happen and that's killing me. I wouldn't mind if we don't include her as the BC, The Arrow is far sufficient for the city of Starling. Make of her some super-duper lawyer and move on.
On Felicity's dad, right now with ARGUS around I just wish/hope/prey that the writers would make her father some one important in the agency, wouldn't that be awesome. Just think about it. Felicity's dad, like you are suggesting, trained Oliver and has always known that he was the vigilante and now his daughter is with him. That I would watch. Some family drama is always welcome, of course if it's written properly.
More +
Flag
I just want Felicity's father to be a good guy that Oliver has immense respect for. Also if that could play into why he feels he needs to pull back from her in a romantic aspect, that would be neat too.

I'm not sure how much room there's going to be in the bat cave now. I mean it was pretty much perfect with just Felicity, Oliver, and Diggle. But now we're going to also have Roy, and potentially Laurel in there too? Overkill.

I can see Roy setting up a secondary base with Sin and maybe Diggle being out of the picture more because he'll be a doting husband/boyfriend. So that leaves Laurel... who doesn't particularly like Felicity... that should be interesting.

Speaking of Laurel; I think this next season, is going to be the season of Laurel unfortunately. Her boss's neck was snapped, so there's an automatic promotion. With all of her new super lawyer power, she'll probably be the one to get Oliver's company back, and KC has already said she's training for her Black Canary role. bleh.

I mean I guess the writers have to give her a try, but I would definitely rather watch a Felicity centered season, than Laurel.... ANYDAY.
More +
Flag
So they really didn't know what to do with Summer Glau. I know they went on record saying as such but her death (for the second time no less) seemed rushed as if they just wanted to get it over with.

That being said, this is how a finale should be done. Alot of past characters returning, action, resolved stories and just enough cliffhanger to keep me wanting more without feeling like they've held back.

If only more shows could take note. Despite some bumpy parts, to me, this has been a near perfect season of TV.

Keep it up writers!
Flag
I really would've liked this season more if it wasn't for that whole Mirakuru mumbo-jumbo. That resulted in an army of super-powered guys who weren't all that deadly after all, even before the deus ex machina in the form of a miracle cure. It has mired my perception of what was otherwise a fairly strong set of episodes.

I liked the way in which Oliver had - finally - outsmarted Slade. By relying on someone other than himself. I just wish that he could've avoided exploiting Felicity's feelings in the process. That love confession was hard to buy, although for a while there I was pondering how true could it be (along with the thoughts of: "geez, it didn't take him long to get over Sara"). Still, it was Felicity who was the grounding element for Oliver and others, and her growth over the season was the most satisfying.
As for Sara, it doesn't seem like Oliver cared about her a whole lot in the end, not even being there to say his goodbyes. I don't min her departure for a time. At least Laurel has become likeable in the latter half of the season; hope it stays that way.

I'm happy for Diggle, but he better not be pushed to the sidelines. And I'm worried about Quentin, but at the same time I appreciate that the consequences of being thrown across the room by a super strong being were brought to the forefront.
So Thea shot Malcolm after all, eh. I didn't expect that from her. And now she embraces her wacky father over Walter... that is bound to end well.

The final fight between Arrow and Deathstroke was done well, even though they did seem to become exhausted extremely quickly. And as much as I like the flashbacks, I found the simultaneous presentation of the present and the past duel somewhat jarring. It was a good intention, but perhaps not the best realization.
Speaking of flashbacks, the ones from season 1 just seemed to be more interesting as a whole. Or at least the second half of season 2 just had the events that seemed repetitive. And looks like Ollie spent 5 years on a hellish island... yet with guest trips elsewhere.

It'll be interesting to see how Oliver makes a living going forward, unless him getting back his company will be just a quick arc to gloss over.
More+
Flag
I really like your comment about the female characters of the show! Great review by the way.
But I still don't like that they had to use Shado and the so-called love triangle to destroy the friendship between Slade and Oliver (yeah yeah I know it was the Mirakuru but still). And I would really appreciate it if Oliver could keep it in its pants a little more often ^-^
But I agree 100% with the female big bad. Isabel Rochev had the potential to be that big female villain. She had her own motive to go after the Queen family and Summer Glau was really selling it. But they had to turn her into another pawn of Slade. To bad :-(
I have big expectations for Amanda Waller, I hope she will not disappoint me.

Flag
I didn't believe to the ILY scene for longer then a second and I actually think Oliver is actually feeling that way - even if he may not be fully aware of it yet, but I still find it a bit of a jerk move from show.
On the other hand Emily ans Stephen's chemistry continues to be off the charts and if the writers are too stupid to realize what a treasure they have on their hands it's their loss.
I don't mind slow built, I do mind being jerked around.

Flag
I agree with you about the female characters. They have well played, interesting, layered female characters that have their own stories. Which still leaves me baffled about the sub-parity of the Lance sisters.
Felicity definitely needs her own sotry and I would love Felicity flashback as well.
Flag
she needs a love interest, I totally want her with oliver but he had sarah, the countess, laurel (puaj), that detective, she only had barry and a dance.
Flag
It was Felicity who beat Slade with her brain! :)
Flag
The only reason i liked this finale so much is episode's MVP, Felicity. She gave Oliver final 'you're a hero' talk, an idea how to defeat Slade, figured it out from one sentence, offered herself as a bait and finally took Slade down. She is so bad ass right now. As someone who isn't a shipper i could totally see that ILY speech was fake. It was done beautifully. But after ending scene on island, i have a feeling that Oliver actually meant it.
I also liked Malcolm Merlyn and Nyssa.
Other stuff, i had issues with: 1) Diggle being dad, not a fan. I like babies but i don't like pregnancy plots in action, superhero show. Because i guess they're going to create some drama there. 2) Roy archer, i think we all thought the same, a guy was sleeping beauty for a couple of days and i remember him having good fighting skills but i don't remember successfully shooting arrows. 3) Sara leaving! I am happy that EPs didn't kill her off, but i suspect they decided that the actress was becoming more popular then Laurel so they had to send her off. That jacket scene was horrible for me because now that i have seen Sara in action, i could never buy Laurel as BC. Skinny with no back-story or fighting skills... And that line of swaping Oliver again, gross, i hope they end Oliver - Lance sisters ballad in next season for good.
I was not surprised neither about Thea - that was coming from the moment we learned Merlyn was alive and especially after Moira's death nor with Oliver in Hong Kong - we already knew he wasn't on the island the whole time, speaks Chinese and Russian plus he said it him self .
Overall, it was 8/10 for me only because of Emily Bett, otherwise it would be 6/10.
More+
Flag
Totally agree with you about Laurel and Oliver cheating/sister exchange. I hope we see a lot of Felicity in season 3.
Flag
This whole season was a huge improvement on season 1. The only scene that didn't work for me in the finale was the swapping of the jacket. It felt totally unnatural and the dialogue was p o o r . I felt for Feicity. Oliver was a bit of a jerk in their last conversation I thought!
Flag
Very good season final, kept me looking to the next one, the best show CW made so far, I can't wait to watch the Flash.....
Flag
I like the finale! A good end to a good season. I'm glad it's not a cliffhanger ending...I really dislike the long wait from now till September!

The ending was quite surprising. I did not expect Oliver to be in Hong Kong and for Waller to see him - I wonder what she wants from him.
I'm guessing Season 4 flashbacks would be in Russia and Season 5 would conclude the flashbacks at Lian Yu.

Oh....I'm LOVING The Flash! The trailer looks great! Really looking forward it! :D
Flag
Nice finale for a good show :-)
Flag
Not a great finale. For one thing, the pacing was uneven; the balance between action, personal melodrama and those damn island flashbacks -- even in the middle of the epic fight between Slade and Oliver -- was just awful. Talk about breaking momentum. Geez. And if I have to hear one more line about Oliver's tortured "kill or not to kill" narrative, I'm going to puke. It's obvious, so painfully obvious, that he must do what he must do, which is kill when necessary! not pander to some moral imperative whether it works or not. The only great moment was when Felicity shoved the needle into Slade. She's usually such a wuss, but that offered hope for a character who seems to shudder in her own shadow. Obviously from my tone, I also liked the fact that the antidote worked and that there was at least a modicum of violence that worked in team Oliver's favor -- finally -- at last! Though we did mop the floor with Oli on the ship, as usual. Can't have an episode where Oliver doesn't get his butt handed to him. Can't have an episode where Slade doesn't come out on top for the majority of airtime. Okay, here the deal: I loved Arrow when it started. I loved everything about it. But there is a certain vein of sadism in the writing, an anti-hero venom that courses through all of it. The endless personal melodrama on the part of Oliver's contingent, the portrayal of Oiliver as a suffering hero, the dominating antiheroes...it all just feels like the audience is being swatted back and forth like a pinata. I want Oliver in the driver's seat. I want to mop the floor with Slade. I want Malcomb Merlin to not have such a preternaturally pretty face for an older man. I want Thea gone. Her narcissistic rantings are unnerving and obnoxious. And I want those assassins to come back. At least they know who they are and how to take care of business. Nothing wishy-washy there and I love that about them. The tortured hero thing is a contradiction in terms. I'll shut up now.
More+
Flag
I am totally the opposite. I was not thrilled with Arrow at the beginning because I didn't feel that was the Oliver Queen I knew from my old comics. I watched it just because I like the characters, but I was not happy. Then, I began liking it more and more, specially when the not killing rule. And I love Barrowman's face no matter what.
But I do agree with you about Thea. And I have to say I want Laurel to disappear.
Flag
So Copioli, would you then say you are pro-"rope arrows" to capture bad guys?
Flag
Definitely! I cheered aloud when it happened! I felt like the little girl who read the "Oliverio Reina" stories again (that was the literal Spanish translation of the name)
Flag
Agreed, loved S1 Oliver turning tables and hunting red masked machine gun toting guy across rooftop, or chasing after an assassin on a motorcycle, Oliver should be a trained survivor/killer/hunter as scary as or even scarier than your average bad guy.

On the argument of kill or not kill narrative I would like to submit exhibit A - rope arrows,... sure you can use a boken or a staff instead of a sword but is there really a bow and arrow alternative that isn't gonna be something ridiculous? Ice-r arrows ala Agents of whatever? Arrows are meant to be fired into henchman and 1percenters maybe he can just rely on being a good enough shot and student of anatomy to miss arteries and incapacitate/cause pain until the authorities arrive.

Also loved the Felicity fake-out completely sucked me in, I thought the show had finally pandered to it's shippers but they used it extraordinarily well where I was the only one who didn't see it coming.

Don't have a problem with Merlin's face cause of the moments where he exhibits the right kind of crazy eyes for that character. Can't get enough assassins/ninjas/warriors for Oliver and co. to combat. Do question the logic of pointlessly fighting Miraku soldiers with a staff as Canary did when the mission objective was to inject them.
More +
Flag
It was just perfect, loved every second of it.
Flag
Overall I thought it was good. It did not have quite the feel of the first season finale.

Thea needs to get hit more or at least a good spanking. What a spoiled narcissistic brat. She shot Merlyn but not for any cause, the greater good, to protect herself or someone else. It was a tantrum.

Once again they cheated us out of Harley Quinn.

The Oliver, Felicity "I love you" scene really stunned me for about 2 minutes until I figured out what they were doing. I would have gotten it faster but It was good but strange scene.
Flag
How many times are people thrown across rooms with nary a scratch except maybe a well-timed bout of unconsciousness? Quentin Larry Lance having internal injuries from that same stuff was crap in a hat, they better not kill him from it... that said, the writing was on the wall that they wanted to kill him when they gave him his detective shield back.

"Oliver thinks with [...] his arrows" so we're going to pretend that's true? This episode actually had a scene where he told his armor of archers to stay their shots so they could get within arm's length of their enemy -- THAT'S NOT HOW ARCHERY WORKS!!!

Ha ha, suck it Olicity 'shippers! C'mon! Poor Felicity had to eat that moment though, she deserves to be bitter rather than sassy next season.

Thea's story was not only a total flameout until it got to the interesting ending, but utterly butchered the episode's timeline - those moments happened 10 minutes into the previous episode, technically.

Roy I essentially bought his arc despite the fact that it felt as if 90% came in this episode.

Sara I did not buy her arc at all, and handing Laurel the jacket was insulting. Then again, I didn't buy it when she got sucked out to sea a second time, that scene looked like crap. And it's too bad she went deaf the second she turned her back as her FATHER LAYED DYING ON THE DOCK 20 FEET FROM HER!

ARGUS and the Wall really didn't work for me that well, it felt clunky and somewhat slow-witted, and then the payoff is she has been jerking Ollie around for 4 years.

Your argument about this show's dedication to its women would ring truer if Isabel hadn't been a total flameout of a storyline and character. What a misfire she turned out to be.

I love your optimism for Silver Age Ollie getting poured into next season, but Isabel is gone now, nobody left to stop him from taking the company back, and Diggle's got baby drama to keep him from being the conservative counterpoint to Green Arrow's liberal leanings. Plus, Ollie has shown so little interest in the people of Starling City that it'd ring entirely hollow.

The end of Slade and Ollie's fight would have been more impressive if not for the stupidity of a guy too exhausted to fight drawing a bowstring (twice).

Thea should have shot Malcolm in the face, then we would have had an interesting moment.

Oh, there's a HIVE thing? I hadn't noticed, that got brushed aside this whole season once it got introduced.

Mirakuru's rules make no sense, Isabel's alive and needs to "heal" into a new actress and new costume.

Didn't like that Flash teaser, and why would he stop and THEN grab the arrow instead of plucking it from the air? And holy shit that outfit looks dreadful and ill-fitted.

It would have been nice to have seen Ollie earn that army he got. That's something that kept creeping up on me, the storyline in this episode felt like they took too long telling the rest of the season to get here, and had to rush some ideas. But it was watchable.
More+
Flag
"Thea should have shot Malcolm in the face, then we would have had an interesting moment".
Ehhhh...no. You don't mess with that face. Never.
Flag
It wouldn't matter, he came back from the dead once, he'd just shrug it off again because nothing is permanent if it happens to a popular character on this show, or whatever Sara was. ;-)
Flag
* army of archers.

That scene still was nonsense tho. And it was hardly alone, check out io9's list of nonsense:
http://io9.com/arrow-serves-us-up-a-finale-full-of-fascinating-mistake-1576727690
Flag
Funniest line: "I am something, something, something, daughter of Raz Al Gool (whatever) something League of Assassins something" ......... "Felicity Smoak, MIT- class of '09"
hahahahaha

But seriously, I jumped out of my seat when O told F that Slade got the wrong woman, it's her that he loves.... (which would have been really weird since he just served her up to Slade............)
And then it turns out to be a piece of bs/plot requirement.....wth???? That was a nerd-chick's dream come true!!! I was crushed, CW...do you hear me? CRUSHED. But it would have been too soon. They need to develop that...although, O's facial expression was so genuine, I would have believed he meant it, darn it!
Flag
Awesome finale!!! One question remains though: how did Oliver know about the cameras if he was at the mansion like two times in the entire second half of the season? Is he a psychic by any chance?
Anyway, liked Diggle's new attitude. Going over Waller's authority and stuff, and he's going to be a daddy, how cool is that?
So Sarah was accepted back in the League, and she even got Nyssa to help save Starling City. The question is what is she going to ask in return of that favor, I think she's going to reach a crossroad. I mean, the League of Assassin doesn't create heroes, so she is going to have to choose her path from now on. Definitely the League will be back in season 3.
So now Thea Queen is officially dead and Thea Merlyn is officially born. And it couldn't be different, finding Roy's bow and arrows (specially after Malcolm told her he was like all the others, meaning he couldn't be trusted either) killed all her hope in people. I don't think she won't come back, she will be back when Malcolm comes to put his hands on Queen Consolidated.
So Oliver did it after all, he defeated Wilson without killing him. Nice that whole trick with Felicity, the best way to get close to win was to make him think he got the upper hand. What I didn't understand was his encounter with Waller after the whole Amazo thing. Did she send him back to the island after that? If so why didn't she send him back home? Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the next flashbacks to figure that out. But it sure explains the intimacy Oliver has with someone that only appeared this season.
Anyway, now that he is alone and broken the journey of the hero begins. For him and for Roy that will blame Oliver for losing Thea, and we know Red Arrow never wanted to stay in Oliver's shadow anyway.
Between Arrow and The Flash I think Warner is going the right way now.
More+
Flag
man.. i got to say.. BEST season finaly EVER... Of all my series... Arrow's rated nr 1 this year.. keep up the good work..
Flag
Sara lived! Yay :-) (totally called the League plot)

Isabelle really got the short end of the stick in terms of screen time though. There was a lot crammed into this episode so I kind of understand something had to give, but wish they had given her a more interesting ending in an earlier episode if that's the case - have her and Blood kill each other or something.

Overall a really good season finale! Sure it required a heavy suspension of disbelief at times (why exactly didn't Slade give his army of super-soldiers guns?), but the emotional beats were satisfying and it felt like a good ending to the Season as a whole.
Flag
If I had to pick one word to describe Arrow's Season 2 finale it would be: lackluster. Don't get me wrong, it was a decent episode; it just wasn't as good as some of the previous ones or as epic as I expect a finale to be. I'm a little sad Sara didn't get killed off. It's sadistic I know, but I don't care for Caity Lotz as an actress at all, a fact that I've made known several times. On the bright side, I should be free of her for awhile at least.
So now Diggle and Oliver are both fathers. I'm sensing an awful subplot for S3 (hopefully I'm wrong0. Something to look forward to, though, is a new main plot free of Mirakuru and with less of Sara.
Flag
Liked the episode. Regrettably, after a few hours, I started thinking on the episode.

So, Oliver's master-plan hinged on the bet that Slade would not tie Felicity to a chair, or hang her by the arms from a chain, or handcuff her, but instead grab her close to him with her arms free while not using his body armour.

A couple of other gripes came immediately during the episode: first, in that same sequence after Felicity stabs Slade, and Sarah shoots the soldier holding Laurel with the cure, Laurel frees herself and slaps him 2 times in the helmet, taking him down.

That's a terminal case of Lowered Monster Difficulty. One guy with the Mirakuru is a badass, 60 guys with the Mirakuru are wusses.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoweredMonsterDifficulty

The other gripe was with the Mirakuru inconsistency.

Slade became a mad villain under the influence. Roy was cured, regained his original personality, was no longer mad, and didn't remember a thing from his rampage.

Slade just lost his super-strength and retained his memories and mad villain personality (though I assume that he no longer sees Shado).

The 60 soldiers were all perfect little minions that followed orders to a T, and did not show a single trace of madness.

They didn't plan this very well...
More+
Flag
I am curious, when a bunch of people are shooting arrows at another bunch of people, how do they decide which one to aim at? Good thing they did not all aim at the same guy! ;)
Flag
I think they just decided to aim the masked ones.
Flag
O.k., I hadn't managed to stay away from spoilers before watching this episode and I knew, what would be going on between Oliver and Felicity at the mansion and I was in no way surprised, but could watch very closely, what was happening before that scene. I actually think, that Felicity had been in to the plan to deceive Slade all along, maybe it had even been her idea (back at the lair she had looked as if she had come up with something and she a had a very decisive expression on her face). Besides, it wasn't like her at all to have Oliver place her at a "save location" and to not insist on taking part in the action (in whatever capacity) that brought danger to her friends. Oliver trusted her with a lot, because he knew, that she'd be abducted by Slade after their "performance" and he placed a lot of the city's fate in her hands and he didn't just use her as bait, but had recognized her strength and her courage to pull this off.

When they talked on Lian Yu's beach, Felicity didn't show any resentment towards Oliver and when she told him, that he had sold it very well and that for a moment she had thought, that he had meant it (which was another indication, that she had known that he had supposedly been bluffing and that she had been part of the plan, otherwise she would have had every right in the world to have felt betrayed), he didn't talk her out of it. So call me a hopeless romantic or optimist, but I'm not really convinced, that he wasn't serious about loving her.

Besides, when Sara told Laurel, that Oliver needed her, she might not have appointed her to be her successor as his love interest, but as a partner in fighting for the city ...
More+
Flag
I agree with you, Felicity and Oliver made the plan together to deceive Slade.That scene between them at the mansion was forced. It took me a few seconds to realize that he was saying one thing but transmiting another. I really want them to become a couple and I am happy that the writters didn'make them kiss in that scene at the mansion because it would have beem fake and I rather see real affection express by touching and hugging than a fake kiss to deceive an enemy. I care to much about them.
Flag
I'm thinking Felicity might have known where it was going too because knowing her, she would have replied, "I love you too." and oh my gosh can you imagine how bad THAT would have been???

Talk about how guilty Oliver would have felt then! Plus, Oliver may be oblivious, but he isn't cruel, and playing with her heart like that would have been too much. He respects her too much for that.

And now... he might have started realizing that he does love her.
Flag
I really hope that he realized that he love her and that we will see him show more emotions in season 3
Flag
I fear we are in for a long wait until we'l see an actually story about Oliver and Felicity. I just hope they'l get that many seasons. So keep watching and have faith!
Flag
Stephen Amell said that was going to addressed shortly into season three. ... I hope that's good news.

Maybe he'll tell Diggle that he actually does have feelings for her, which is why he has to keep his distance, to protect her.
Flag
So I guess the bow and arrows that Thea found under Roy's bed were spares? Since, you know, he was shooting arrows during the tunnel showdown.

Flag
And I still am amazed that Oliver's knee has no longer been an issue, even though he has no mirakuru in him.
Flag
I couldn't be bothered to go back and check, but if I remember, after he hurt his knee, they injected him with something (steroid?) and he was wearing a brace for it, so he could still bend it and walk somewhat.

In the clip were Slade is tied up to that concrete pole, Ollie is sort of limping and raising his leg up a bit, so I am going to assume it's still a bit of an issue.

I'll assume they shot him up with a steroid or whatever again off screen, right before they went to fight, and by the end of it it was bugging him again.

Flag
I thought he also took the herbs/tea/miracle medicine that he brought back from the island which was supposed to make him heal faster.
Flag
Oh yeah, that too I think.

Plus, with stuff like this, I just assume characters do things off screen/between episodes. After the episode he hurt it, and took Lidocaine (if Tom is correct) and those herbs, I just assume he took some other stuff to help it out. :P
Flag
It was actually Lidocaine, a local anesthetic (which, I'm not sure how having a numb knee works any better if it's busted, especially as he was running and jumping onto cars during the tunnel fight). He did stagger a bit by the end of the fight with Slade, but it still seems like the writers and fight choreographers forgot about it over the past three eps.
Flag
I don't know... it was okay, but I was constantly reminded of the old GI Joe cartoon from the '80s, where entire armies shoot at each other but no one gets hit and certainly no one dies. Kind of cheesy.
Flag
I'm left with several questions
1: Did they inject Isabel with the cure off camera or something? Otherwise the neck break shouldn't have killed her.
2: Why didn't Oliver inject Slade with the cure and then drive the arrow through his eye on the Amazo? He would have been dead for sure then.
3: Now that Slade is locked up on the Island, who's there to give him food and water? If no one does it than Oliver has gone back to killing in an even worse way than an arrow to the eye.
4: Why when the super soldiers were injected did they collapse but Slade was still up and raring to go?
%: and what happens to Deadshot and Bronze Tiger now? Is Waller going to terminate them for siding with Diggle? And why didn't their implanted explosives go off?
Flag
1. I could have sworn someone shot Isabel with the cure, before they snapped her neck? I thought that's why she was on her knees, and Oliver was demanding they not kill her, as she was no longer a physical threat.

2.Out of spite, I would assume. He looks at both his hands (arrow or cure) and instead of injecting him, and hopefully curing him of both Mirakuru and his anger towards him, Ollie instead outright kills him out of spite, basically saying 'there is nothing more between us that makes me even want to see you cured and possibly okay again' kind of thing. He addressed this a few times, in previous episodes -- he blames himself for being spiteful and outright killing him instead of trying to help his ex friend, causing of course this season's shitfest.

3-5. What Steven said.
Flag
3. it was an A.R.G.U.S. prison, I'm sure they have guards or something there to feed him.
4. I'm guessing it's because Slade is a MUCH stronger person than any of them and that he's had it in his blood for 5 years might have something to do with it, but I'm not entirely sure.
5(%) Not sure what's going to happen to them but their implanted explosives didn't go off because Waller didn't push the button, so to speak.
Flag
Why Arrow why you have to do this with us Olicity fans :'( ? Any way everything is still not lost. A damn solid episode which was executed perfectly. And that fight of Slade vs Oliver in the end. It was straight out epic. Loved it and can't wait for next season now.
Flag
I'm still wondering how you can shoot an arrow at someone who then gets tied with a cable to pilar. twice!!!

But I do like this show.

Am I alone on thinking they should give Audrey Marie Anderson her own show as a spy? She looks quite hot in black!
Flag
I'm pretty sure Ollie shot two arrows to tie slade up.

I first met Audrey as an army wife on The Unit. I liked her quite a bit, there, but I never pictured her as a bad@ass. But, she pulls it off, nicely, here.
Flag
But in the Unit she was less badass more walking baby factory, so next seaason should be familiar territory for her.
Flag
Hah!
Flag
I saw her first in The Unit as well, then in The Walking Dead and now in Arrow. I like her, she is georgious, very capable of showing a bad-ass face as well as an insecure one and probably every face in that range. That's why I hope she will get a show of her own playing some bad-ass woman against baddies.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members