An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)

A new 90-second trailer for Arrow's third season has made its way to the interwebs, and based on the footage within, the series is looking more like a summer blockbuster than a TV show. The tone feels a little lighter, too, as our favorite hooded hero is no longer clinging to his doom-and-gloom attitude. 

But where is Arrow going in Season 3? Well, in the at the end of Season 2, we learned that Oliver actually escaped the island before the series premiere, so we'll be exploring that period of his life. Oh, and Oliver and Felicity will be sailing into romantic waters after the finale toyed with Olicity shippers' hearts.

In the new clip, Ollie (Stephen Amell) asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) if she likes Italian while in the middle of a high-speed chase. It's nice to see him still focused on cleaning up Starling City, but also enjoying his life, ya know? The pair will embark on their first date shortly after the series returns, and if the near-kiss that first hit—and nearly broke—the internet last week is any indication (it's also in the video below), it's going to be pretty steamy. 

Elsewhere in the trailer, Brandon Routh makes his debut as Ray Palmer ("I parked on your roof, hope that's okay?"), Laurel (Katie Cassidy) exercises her BAMF-ness, Thea (Willa Holland) spends some quality time with her father (John Barrowman), and Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) bond over taking out some bad guys with guns (yes, guns). 

So press play and then hit the comments with your first impressions of what's to come this season in Starling City!

If there's one way this trailer fails Arrow, it's that there's not enough Diggle (David Ramsey). Am I right or am I right? 

Arrow returns Wednesday, October 8 at 8pm on The CW.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

49 Comments
Comments (49)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So is the person at 0:48 presumably Black Mask? (Although the camera shake/blur implies Scarecrow ...)

I know Routh's Superman outing (Superman Returns) was considered a fail in the numbers, but I still think the guy does superhero one-liners exceedingly well.
Flag
I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to Laurel. I'm still holding Tommy's death against her. I hate the "heroines" who have 0 skills in protecting themselves, yet continuously knowingly go into dangerous situations (AHEM going to your place of work in the Glades even knowing a gigantic earthquake could cause the roof to fall on you) and end up causing huge problems for everyone else.
Sara can kick ass with the best of them and Felicity can hack into any computer in the world. Laurel has no real skills other than being stubborn as heck.
Flag
Whoo hooo! Looks good! Not okay with Olicity. I like them better as friends. I'd rather not ruin thier dynamic. I'm happy about Brandon Routh though. I recently binge watched Chuck so I've become a fan after I've finally successfully scrubed the Superman fail out of my head!
Flag
Soooooo can't wait :-)
Flag
I still don't believe there will be an Olicity, they're just fooling around with us with scenes out of context.
Flag
Looks like it's going to be a fun season! :)
Flag
So happy to see Sara back and in the Canary outfit. The jacket handover to Laurel had me fearing the worst. Personally I trust their mother Dinah to be a better Canary than Laurel and it doesn't help that her name is "Sara" which isn't "Dinah" or "Dinah Laurel" and thus has be fearing because of canon.

Hope the Felicity/Oliver thing fizzles out or fails horribly. I know at the end of season 2 with the whole "i love you" thing my brother and I were bamboozled. We had hoped that Oliver was just using her to get Laurel and Sara out of harms way and when Felicity found out she'd be hurt and have a different view on Ollie but still work with him because it is the right thing to do. The way it went in the show was fine since it didn't have them hook up. The Green Arrow is a philanderer so it does stick to canon as long as the person who does hold his romantic interest the most is the Canary.

I know I am going to miss Slade. Sure I welcome back Merlin, but Slade was wonderful and I can't wait for his return.
More+
Flag
I can't wait to see Arrow Season 3
Flag
Holy sh!t...it's like a whole new attitude for the entire show. This is more like Green Arrow from the comics, where he's serious about the mission, but he knows that you still need to have some fun in your life. And I'm LOVING IT.
Flag
Just one more month... Just. One. More. Month. Crap, how am I gonna survive september XD
Flag
OMG, this is gonna be so awesome! :D
Flag
Yes-ser-re-bob!!!!!
Flag
This is nice a little too much Laurel for my taste, but nice anyway.
Flag
Wow that was good. Excited!
Flag
i liked the serious more batman like oliver.... i wan him back I hope he doesnt turn into the jokey goofball arrow from the comics... or even worse.. that idiot from Smallville... at least let Oliver keep up the Batman act until we finally get a REAL batman tv series
Flag
OMG, Olicity! This just made my day!!! ♥
Flag
AWESOME cant wait
Flag
the new season looks amazing. i cant wait
Flag
Don't know what to tell you, just hope that intended romance doesn't screw up Felicity as a character, cause then i'll be upset. For the rest, ship whatever and bring the show back :-)
Flag
Fraking AMAIZING!
Flag
I'm still fangirling over that Olicity kiss!!! *swoon*
Flag
Sorry not gonna spoil myself... Olicity sounds very strange if we were to call a town that way... (shippers would live there LOL)
Flag
Can't wait for this show to come back!
Flag
Ok that was amazing I can't wait October is too long.
Flag
This is actually getting better and better. Not even sure it looks like a CW show anymore.
Flag
That last scene should convince Oliver to reconsider using a bow, and instead switch to a rifle.
Flag
Word down the pipeline is they cast Matt Nable from Riddick as Ra's Al Ghul, which is sadly disappointing when you consider he's NOT Liam Nieson, but otherwise, not a half bad choice.

In other fun, not only do Arrow and Flash have a huge Spartacus reunion in play, but they also now have the makings of a fantastic Prison Break Reunion lined up with Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Dominic Purcell as Heatwave, adding to the previous fun of Robert Knepper as the Clock King and Peter Stormare taking over as Count Vertigo!

So, what past shows should the combined shows start drawing from next for future casting???
Flag
It's not past, but what about all of Colton Haynes' former compatriots from Teen Wolf? Several have left the show.
Flag
I think it's hard to call their case a cast reunion as very few of them seem to be ending up on the same show. Still, Teen Wolf is about as close to a CW show as you can get without actually airing on the CW at this point.
Flag
I"m sorry, I thought you meant what past shows could Arrow reunite the cast of next, and I was suggesting that although the show is still on, it would be interesting to see several Teen Wolf alumni show up on Arrow.
Flag
I wouldn't mind that so long as it wasn't due to them leaving Teen Wolf, but simply making guest appearances.
Flag
The tone feels a little lighter, too, as our favorite hooded hero is no longer clinging to his doom-and-gloom attitude.

YAY!!! This, in part, is what nearly ruined this series for me last season. Oliver and is absurd guilt over Shado. Every Green Arrow incarnation has him more upbeat. More Spiderman than Batman. Nice to see them getting back to their roots.

Oliver and Felicity will be sailing into romantic waters after the finale toyed with Olicity shippers' hearts.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The unrequited feelings of Felicity towards Oliver is what makes this relationship so good. That and her unintentional Freudian slips and double entendres.

Oliver might be "happier" this season, but dude still has some SERIOUS issues to work out and we all know that things between he and Felicity will end early and badly.

I refuse to acknowledge this debocle until Felicity becomes an "ex" and Oliver is back where he belongs...with Sara
Flag
Maybe it's not as good as you think... maybe Oliver found a cache of happy pills Laurel had stashed away!

Flag
I do love the possibility of felicity and Oliver but he and Sara was great they suit each other and should stay together.
Flag
Agreed! Sara was clearly the best choice and he and Felicity is bad. I do hope it goes poorly and we know longer have Felicity always looking dreamy eyed at him.
Flag
I love felicity as a key character and I believe that she has a key role to play in his journey and will continue to help him for years, she keeps him in a lighter place but I don't want them together, I still hold out hope that they are are going to stick to the comics but instead of him and laurel because I just can't see it never have (she makes his brain go stupid) they have him with Sara. It just feels right doesn't it?
Flag
@kou_shun_u I get your point and agree with it I never liked Ollie and laurel together as lovers but they do make a great friendship, later maybe when it's developed more yeh they can try and start something but knot now it just doesn't work and she dosent work as BC at all not yet she is now where near ready and I don't think she will ever be I love Sara as BC and think she should stay as BC she suits the role and has the back story and training to fill it well. I'm in two minds about Ollie and felicity part of me hopes that maybe they can date but realise that it doesn't feel right and their better as friends with flirty banter beacuse that's were their relationship works best. This show so far has done so well in not creating too much focus and drama on love interests and triangles even with tommy, Ollie and laurel it was never over the top and over bearing to watch.
Flag
Yeah I hate how in TV shows anytime an opposite sex characters work together , there also has to be romantic feelings involved. This more so happens in partner dramas then when there is a trio working together.

The problem with Canary in the comics and Canary in the show is that technically Dinah (the mom) Laurel or Sara can be the final Canary. (Mind you, I am no where fluent in the DC world, even more so with GA/BC since I was more of a Marvel girl.) So I was excited when Sara came back in the beginning of second season because Laurel would have made a horrible Canary and I never liked her with Oliver (nor felt she should go back to him after he cheated on her) and preferred her with Tommy who was the better guy. However, Sara gave Laurel the jacket at the end of season 2 and I just got soooo upset thinking they might just make Laurel the Canary. At least Sara was in the trailer in full getup but my fear is still there. I know that GA and BC don't have the most linear or solid of romances in the DC universe soo I don't mind it taking awhile. And truthfully, I can live with it if they decided to split the two identities Dinah Laurel Lance into the two people of Sara and Laurel (Sara=Black Canary and Laurel=Oliver's main love interest). But just don't hook Oliver up with Felicity cause that is bad news.
More +
Flag
Wow. That looks great. I do wish that kiss is fake, if only to further frustrate and befuddle the Oliver and Felicity shippers.
Flag
Looks OK. That gun joke at the end isn't very original. Here's a version from 1990, but I'm sure they stole it somewhere else too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDmV1KWrKQ&t=1m53s

When Alan Rickman falls, you can skip ahead to 2:30 if you want.

Flag
Oh man what a great movie that was. Thanks for reminding me how cool Tom Selleck could be.
Flag
why it isn't october yet? i can't take this anymore! it's too much!
Flag
Yeah, I am seriously stoked for this next season. Third seasons tend to be make or break for most shows and they are either their best or worst seasons. This one looks like it will definitely be the former.
Flag
Season three of Buffy is my fave, season three of The OC is the worst ever, season three of Felicity is my fave, season three of Dawson's Creek is my fave... I like your theory.
Flag
I am dead, is this heaven, cause if it is, it's beautiful!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members