An Arrow Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 12, 2017)

Wow. This episode really pissed me off. It changed the way I view basically everyone whether I love them more or hate them more.

1. I like Laurel Lance now. She use to piss me the heck off at first, but she is growing on me. She is going through so much. Honestly, I think that she is too good for Oliver. He has some more growing to do because he still is not the one-women type of guy if they are ever going to end up together.

2. I don't like Felicity anymore. It was not her place to tell Oliver his mother's secret. I hope she is getting what is coming to her because SNITCHES get STITCHES and I am going to enjoy whatever she gets coming to her. She really pissed me off and I think it is because she used to be my favorite character in the show. Then, she had to tell that sob story about not having family. I understand that it is sad that there was no one really around for her, but I do not understand her ruin other people relationships with their family so that she can be selfish and keep Oliver to herself. I am still seriously PISSED the hell off at Felicity.

3. It was nice to see the Lances reunited even though Laurel was not happy to see Sara, which I completely understand. I understand that forgiveness is the key to be happy sometimes, but did Sara really expect Laurel to forgive her after LITERALLY tearing her life apart. Also, not to mention stealing her boyfriend. Sara is an okay character, but if something happen to her I don't think I would care. Also, when she took that snake poison to die, the only thing I thought was don't take it YET. Laurel still needs to see you.

4. Slade is looking flawless. Everything he does is perfection. Ha. I literally CANNOT wait to see more of him in the future. Can we acknowledge the fact that he can wear the heck out of a suit? and his voice *swoons*

Also, I liked the hint the Arrow writers gave us (showing the viewers that Slade dislikes Oliver) when Slade looked at Oliver kissing Thea on the forehead with squinted eyes. I loved it !!

5. So, is Nyssa Al Ghul, in this one episode only?! because I still don't have a feel for her character.

6. I hope Moira Queen follows through on her threat to Felicity because I really need to see Felicity put in her place for always being so damn noisy.

7. OLIVER. So, I guess I can never hate Oliver since he is the main character for the rest of this series. So, I don't hate him. I am just frowning VERY deeply at him. How can he let someone he knew for only two years affect his relationship with his MOTHER. It looks to me like he is put hoes over family, It was very CRUEL of him to renounce his mother. He should not even be pissed because Robert Queen is still his father. THIS PISSED ME OFF! Anyways, Is Oliver going to hook -up with every girl in this show that he is not related to. I was not upset when Oliver & Sara hooked up, but it was just so much for me to comprehend. Oliver is telling every single girl on this show that they are important to him. I am just like okay Oliver I get that you are still slightly immature, but don't lead every girl on. Also, if Laurel is suppose to become the Black Canary that means she is suppose to end up with Oliver. So, the fact that he is going to be with both sister Laurel & Sara leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Laurel deserves so much better.

The only things that made me smile through this whole episode is how wonder Diggle continues to be (he can do no wrong), Slade appearing to show is wonder face, voice (and conniving ways), Oliver kissing Thea sweetly on her forehead and Moira threaten Felicity.

FINALLY got all my thoughts out. Venting post...so that means I'll probably change my opinions after I had some time to cool down.
86 Comments
Comments (86)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oct 20, 2014
yeah i mean it just seems to me that you like only the antagonists / Douchebags, first off its not that laurel is too good for oliver oliver is too good for her shes a raging pill popping drunk as for felicity she gave moira a chance but instead chooses to lie to her kids personally i currently hate moira and laurel i hope laurel dies and moira gets injured
Flag
Feb 20, 2014
If you like slade then I guess everything about you said about the other characters makes sense, and I think felicity was right, she gave moira a chance, she told her that she should said it but instead moira threatened her, so the bitch had her coming, it wasn't felicity's place but oliver had to know, it was a very hard decision to make but she did it even if it means he will hate her, I think she is very brave.
Flag
Feb 18, 2014
Again, Katie Cassidy is not a good actress..full stop! She was useless in Gossip Girl as well. Even my wife agrees that Katie has very little emotional depth when required and seems to use her " Blue Steel " face a lot. And from a Mature guy POV..... not a draw card. Other shows replace their actors......B&B know it can be done, so is it time for the producers to man up or send off Katie to finish drama college ? At least Felicity and Oliver have measurable sexual tension, which makes the story line a whole lot more interesting!
Hot for Slade MarleneAnna ?....only a girl could overlook that New Zealand accent whilst looking at his sex pack.. yes I did spell it the way he sounds ! Don't get me wrong, I think he portrays his character well, however he is supposed to sound like an Aussie, but Americans probably can't pick it. Enough venting and hurry up next episode !
Flag
Feb 19, 2014
I am not sure what you mean about the Slade part, but yes I think he is hot and doing a good job portraying Slade. Also, yes if/when the time comes for Oliver to kill him I will say it was well deserved.
Flag
Feb 19, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Feb 14, 2014
Since I didn't see it on here anywhere, I thought I'd remind everyone that Sara had a crush on Oliver first, but then Laurel got Sara grounded and was able to become his girlfriend... Laurel wasn't quite the innocent, loving sister some see her as.
Also, if the actress playing Laurel continues to lose weight at the current rate, she'll outright diappear in another two seasons... (as much as I dislike the character, I hope the actress gets help)
Flag
Feb 16, 2014
Wow. That is so true. Now that I look on it that is not acts of a flawless sister.
Flag
Feb 13, 2014
Don't agree on hating Felicity, but do agree on Laurel starting to grow on me; as a more substantial and bearable character. But I wanted Sara to die, I think it would have been better for Laurels character. I guess if it is true that Laurel will be become the black canary Sara will have to die eventually but now its just going to be... what the 4th time for her- the drama's gone. And yeah, Oliver has got way too many women, felt like it could've been almost a relief sloughing another one off. Really felt the anger towards the two of them in the flashbacks, probably another reason my dislike for Laurel lessoned.
Flag
Feb 13, 2014
Hello Marlene. Very emotional comments. Interesting. My rebuttal. Laurel Lance continues to be the most annoying thing on the show. I always tape it, so i can fast forward her scenes. They should please kill her off ASAP.
For someone who thought her sister was dead, her reaction was completely crap...considering the fact that she seemed so happy earlier when she thought she saw her in a dream or whatever that was, her whole you ruined my life, it's all about me, i'm not interested to see you alive took about 40% of the vibe from that scene.

Felicity of course did the right thing to tell Oliver. She obviously loves him and was not going to keep a secret that big from him. HIs mum is at fault for not telling them the true story and then trying to blackmail Felicity. Lets not all be so forgiving so quickly. This woman is basically the devil and Moira has done some truly terrible things. Plus, Felicity is really really hot.

Slade had already made it clear that he hated Oliver in previous episodes cause he blames him for Shadow's death. To all you guys out there, if you like a girl, please tell her straight up. Must have really hurt listening to Oliver doing her (was a small plane), but he only has himself to blame. Saying it when you're dying doesn't count.

Oliver is a Billionaire pretty boy + a superhero....i'm surprised he hasn't slept with everybody.

Slow start, but now a really good show. And this coming from a Marveler.
Keep up the good work.

Finally got my thoughts out.

More+
Flag
Feb 13, 2014
How can anyone hate Felicity?
She feels a sense of belonging with Oliver and hence shared the secret.
Laura continues to a irritant.
Would be interesting to see Slade's background story on how he ended up in Starling City.
Flag
Feb 13, 2014
I don't agree with your view on Felicity. She's got Olivers back, he deserves to know the truth. It's not her fault Moira couldn't be honest with her family. If Moira had spoken up and told the truth when it came out that she had an affair than I don't think there would have been such a huge fall out. Felicity gave her the chance to tell her family and Moira threatened her showing her true colors... well I guess she was just being protective but in an 'I'll ruin you' way..which is never nice.
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
Wow, I disagree on everything, and there are 7 points on your list, this has to be a new record.
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
Yep,
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
Felicity is so sweet I can't understand why u hate her :( And for Sara and Oliver, I almost threw up...
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
I think I disagree with you on literally everything....
But that's okay, to each their own.
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
Yep.
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
I also hate to spoil this for you, but research is required on your part. Episode 4 season 2 Sara says her assassin name which is..... drum roll black canary. Sara is the one oliver ends up with. as for felicity she did what was right. So, is someone you know does a double murder your just gonna let is slide i guess.
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
I did do my research. The writers said that Laurel would eventually become the Black Canary. Also, this was not a double murder this was about revealing that Thea is not Robert Queen's daughter. If Moira killed someone, I would want her to tell Oliver, but she did not. Even though Moira said that she would never tell Oliver, I wished Felicity gave it a day and then tell him.
Flag
Feb 25, 2014
that is the thing no one is above the truth. she should have told cause how would it sound if instead of it being felicity it was merlin.
Flag
Feb 11, 2014
I have to disagree with hating Felicity for telling Oliver his mother's secret. If you've ever seen a tv show secret based plot you know a) that the secret will come out. b) that any character who knew the secret but didn't tell will have problems with the person the secret was kept from, see the Lances in this episode. In other words Felicity did the smart thing and told Oliver pretty much immediately. Also, I think Felicity did the right thing in terms of not bowing to Moira's threats. I think it sends the message that when someone tells you not to tell a secret because people will stop loving you the right thing to do is to tell.
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
Not a bad episode, I agree Felecity is starting to bother me, but Im happy overall... no Island this week look for a big Island episode soon...And would someone please give Katie Cassidy a sandwich. she looks more sickly thin every week.. look back at the 1st episode and now!! OMG other an eating disorder or bad habits but HELP HER!
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
1. I completely disagree with you on Laurel. I kept making excuses for her--until this episode. Her selfish reaction to finding out her sister was alive after all these years was the absolute worst. Someone should have slapped her in that last scene where she threw a tantrum and told Sara to leave.

2. We disagree again. I'm not sure why you're so mad at Felicity... did you do something wrong in the past only for someone to reveal what you had done? If your boyfriend was cheating on you, would you hate your best friend for telling you because it was his secret to tell, not hers? Felicity had a very personal reason for being at odds with what Moira was doing. And she tried going to her first, and even fell for Moira's lies about how Oliver would hate her too. Despite that though, when Oliver asked, she did what she thought was right, and told him, even though she believed it would sour their relationship. She made that sacrifice because she believed he deserved to know. Bonus points, Felicity.

3. Wow, we're 0 for 3. I now really like Sara for being willing to die to protect her family, and hope she'll stick around for a while. Laurel, on the other hand? Feel free to successfully OD next time, okay?

4. I'm waiting for a better explanation for why he hates Oliver so much. It really wasn't Ollie's fault that Shado was killed.

5. Time will tell, but I doubt it. She'll almost certainly be back.

6. Back to disagreeing. I hope Moira tries to do something to Felicity, so that Oliver can really tell her off, and Thea can find out what manipulative b Mrs. Queen really is.

7. He didn't pick Felicity over Moira. Felicity told him the truth, and had evidence to back it up. It *did* seem a bit hypocritical of him since he keeps secrets as well, but the secrets Moira keeps are horrible. I'll forgive the cheating... she *claims* Robert did it too, though at this point, can we believe anything she says? I say no. She's lied to both of her kids about it though even though she's had plenty of opportunity to come clean. Let's review Moira's other Mother of Year highlights:
responsible for sabotaging the ship that resulted in Robert's death, and Oliver's 5 year exile.
slept with *Malcolm* at least once, if were to believe that one time is all it took, for Thea the miracle baby to be conceived. Sure, it's possible... I don't believe it though.
sold her "friend" out to Malcolm when she got caught doing something shady against him, after convincing said friend to stand against Malcolm
Lied, lied, lied, and then lied some more about everything. Is her real name even Moira? We can't be sure.
She got Walter kidnapped and held captive
Oh yeah, the undertaking. Lots of people dead. It was totally against her will though. Yeah, right. No longer believe you, "Moira."
More+
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
I'm willing to attribute most of Slade's hatred to a combination of needing to blame someone alive for Shado's death and the mirakuru messing with his head. It's an extreme reaction but one that echoes realistic emotional responses to personal tragedy.

I'm entirely with you about Moira. I also agree that Oliver in particular has a very ambiguous relationship to "the truth". I'm a strong advocate of personal secrets. I'm not at all an advocate of lies masquerading as secrets, particularly in situations of family. I strongly suspect that both Oliver and Thea could have handled knowing that Malcolm not Robert is Thea's biological father. In fact, I may have more faith in Thea than either Oliver or Moira do.

As for Oliver, his lifestyle choices put him in a precarious position. Protecting his identity is the only thing that keeps both himself and his family from being targets of Starling City's theatrical villains. At some point, though, it becomes more dangerous for them not to know, but I'm not sure when EXACTLY that moment is, and when the dangers of one's personal lifestyle obligate you to tell your family about your "extracurriculars". If it were just a secret cosplay group, no problem.

What is the count now? Who knows? Diggle and Felicity, now Roy and Barry Allen. Helena whatever (the Huntress). Those from the island, Sara and Slade. Blood? Does he know or does he just follow Slade's orders? Tommy, who's dead. Merlyn, who's not. Yeah, Oliver's right. Now that I think about it, A LOT of people know who he is. Too many, but Felicity and Diggle are the only ones that matter.
More +
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
I'm sure it's mirakuru related, but he seems like a criminal mastermind now, completely in control of his faculties, so he can clearly process things logically enough to figure out it wasn't Ollie's fault after 5 years. We'll see.

I'm not faulting Ollie on the secrets he keeps. I guess it was how we phrased it? "She's not who I thought she was," I believe is what he said? I immediately thought, "Well, Ollie, you're not who pretty much anyone thinks you are." He has legitimate reasons for keeping his identity a secret, and given Moira's dealings, it seems like it's been a very wise decision to keep that particular secret from her. Of course, Malcolm's still alive, and he knows Ollie's secret, so it's not like he couldn't just ring Moira up and be all, "Hey, girl. Lemme tell you what's up."

Oh, and speaking of Ollie's secret, remember when she had him and Tommy kidnapped and roughed up by men with assault rifles? Seriously, where is her "mother of the year" award?
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
It seems like everyone on Team Arrow is making crime fighting their priority and true identity, not their lives outside of that. To that point I think that what Felicity did was fine. I think that the more Oliver knows about his family the better he can protect them from his Arrow endeavors. Like when he finds out Merlyn is alive he knows he'll go after Thea. Before knowing this he wouldn't ever think Merlyn would be interested in her. Felicity is like an analyst, the more you know the better.
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
Ahh, I see. I did not think about it from that point of few.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
You can be mad anf not hate. It was an awkward position that Felicity was put in. Oliver's reaction was kind of dramatic but it is really the final straw since he knows a lot about the somewhat active role Moira had in the Undertaking. Felicity too knows she played some role in the boat explosion that killed Robert (as far as everyone knows). I've never loved or hated Laurel (I'm a little concerned the actress has gotten too thin) but the writers wanted to develop her so slowly I think impatience is the core of everyone's feelings. But her reaction to Sara was the most authentic. I think the show is not super sure how much they want to delve into the League of Assassins and would rather just touch on it and let people have Christopher Nolan's version of them be it ((they are bad and twisted an honorable code).
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
She is getting too thin. I thought I was the only one that noticed.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
So many Grammatical errors, feels like you were angry writing!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Ha. It kind of was. I was mostly mad at Felicity because she is my favorite character. After some days to calm down, she is not on my bad side anymore. I am still slightly upset with her though.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I love Felicity because she is the only person on TV that gives a nod to main character's hotness! Everyone else seems to overlook it, but she stammers and blushes! She was a good friend to tell Oliver, his mother has been lying to him for way too long, and he gave her MANY chances to tell him what's going on!
Oliver can't be with Laurel (praise be to the boring lead lady's god!) because it's not safe, but Sara can take care of herself. I don't think he sees an ending with Laurel so he's not burning a bridge by sleeping with Sara. I don't love them together either, hope they keep it casual!
Will they being back flash for felicity already!!?!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
1. I never really had a huge issue with Laurel, but now she's actually turning into and catching up with the rest of the characters as one that's flawed with deep seeded emotional issues that dictate everything she does. Layers are good.

2. This is blasphemy! Not only should she have told Oliver, she was damn near obligated to tell him. You expect her loyalties to lie with Moira? Especially after that bitchy threat of, "If you tell, Oli won't ever like you the way you want him too"? Based on that alone she shouldn't have kept Moira's secret. Let's also not forget that Felicity is well in the know about just how ruthless Moira is and how her court testemony was mostly a straight up lie. Oliver needed reminding that his mother's act was just that...an act.

6.Moira needs to be outted as the true villain she is. Just wait until more truths comes out. Like Walter's abduction and just how much of a hand she played in that.

7. So, only knowing somebody for 2 years isn't long enough to accept truths? Felicity didn't change his relationship, his mother's actions did. Projecting and deflecting blame on the messenger is absurd.

Laurel aside, I gotta say I'm in disagreement with pretty much everything you said.
More+
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
I'm in disagreement of pretty much everything she said, including Laurel. :/
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Felicity did what she thought was best for Team Arrow.

Mother Queen has always been very underhanded, so trust is hard to earn. I'm not so sure there is any 'Olivicity' any more anyways, I don't think this was Felicity's motive to tell Oliver about her findings.

Now understand Mother Queen allegedly revealed every little secret to her family, so, that she kept Thea's secret about her real father, of course, that will tick off Oliver. Because if Mom Queen lied about this, what other skeletons are out there, considering there was an alleged cleansing of secrets in the first place.

So his reactions might have been a bit over the top, considering his father was also fairly .. uh.. promiscuous, but I see his point, he can't trust her. But he's young and still needs to learn a few things about life. So, cutting her off from his life like that, well, that's now, but who knows.. maybe later this will be reversed.

I understand Laurel's reaction to Sara being alive. It was actually one of the few times where Laurel's character made sense in this show.

But Sara is Black Canary, so, I hope the mantel doesn't pass on to Laurel. She's really good at it, and that's pretty much it.

Nyssa Al Ghul was well portrayed and well acted. I'm sure she will be back, I'm not so sure Daddy Al Ghul will be agreeing with her decision to let Sara out of the League.

Slade is finally going to come out of the shadows in real time and take care of business, this is now going to get really interesting.

As for the rest, it was an entertaining show, the action was solid and the story-line was good, the show is progressing well.

I can only imagine if there will be a 'Birds of Prey' spin-off in the works. After all, Arrow has Black Canary and the Huntress characters, all it needs is Oracle. (I don't think it has to be Batgirl), what if Felicity becomes the Oracle? :)

Anyways, I'm entertained, so, I'm happy!
More+
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I have always disliked Felicity for being way too forward in this series. In this episode, I just totally hated her. It was not her place AT ALL to reveal such a family secret. I was watching this with 5 people and we just screamed when she told.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014

1)

I hate Laurel more than ever. She was and seems to stay a self-centered b*tch. A lot of people go through bad stuff, that's no excuse to lash out and slap people in the face who care for you.

Laurel is petty, whiny and resentful.

Yeah, her little sister shouldn't have hooked up with her boyfriend, but she didn't do it alone. Oliver was right there with her. If Oliver loved Laurel so much and wanted to move in with her, why did he take Sara on that cruise with him?

And Laurel herself led Tommy on, until he decided to go although he clearly loved her. Seconds later Laurel gets into bed with Oliver. So, Laurel chose to forgive and forget but she couldn't do the same with her sister? That's ridiculous.

I want Laurel gone. GET OUT! Like she screamed at Sara and looked crazy enough that I could clearly pictured her as the next deranged villain. She should hook up with Sebastian Blood, they'd be the perfect fit.

2)

Felicity did the only right thing there was to do for her. She gave Moira the opportunity to come clean, before she told Oliver and she didn't do it lightly. They are more than friends, they work together in a dangerous business where absolute trust is a requirement to survive. If Oliver can't trust his people blindly, then he'd soon end up dead. Felicity had his back and I admire her for the courage it took, to tell Oliver the truth about his mother.

3)

As I mentioned above, Laurel had no qualms forgiving Oliver and bang him right after ditching Tommy. So why is she sitting on a high horse with Sara?

I don't see her ever becoming Black Canary. Laurel is a miserable drug addict and the actress is looking so frail, nowadays, that I fear for her bones should a fight scene stunt go wrong. In comparison to Sara, she looks weak and uncoordinated. And how the hell would the writers explain Laurel gaining mad fighting skills? Sara and Oliver have been training for five years and counting. No way, can Laurel achieve that kind of artistry any time soon. I think, that Sara is the perfect Black Canary. To hell with Weepy-Laurel.

5)

Nyssa might be coming back, because Malcolm is still out there and she could be after him. I wouldn't mind if she popped in to the show occasionally.

6)

Moira wouldn't dare to upset Oliver even more. She just tried to intimidate Felicity who didn't let her. Kudos to Felicity for standing up to a woman like Moira. And I still like Oliver's mother. She's the sort of ambivalent character that brings dynamics to a show because you never know what she will do next to "protect" her family.

7)

Oliver had to take so much crap from his parents, that he has had his fill now. I can relate. Enough is enough. And he still doesn't know, that Malcolm is alive, because Moira chose to keep quiet about that. She should have told Oliver then and there, that she fears for their lives, but no, she didn't. We'll see how that will turn out, because we surely haven't seen the last of the Black Archer.

More+
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
oh thank u! i was happy to see your response cuz it saves me the time to type something similar. About all of it. Felicity, Moira, Laurel, Sarah, the Black Canary identity and everything really...esp Felicity.
Felicity is a snitch?! And deserves to be punished for it?! What the hell?! That kind of secret can literally mean life or death if Oliver doesn't know it. A friend doesn't lie to a friend. Especially when it's about a piece of knowledge this vital and this dangerous! Moira trying to intimidate her had me smirking cuz poor Moira, she's used to manipulating the people in her social circle and a bunch of selfish people at that, and Felicity is totally out of her league cuz the hell she'd put Oliver's life in danger by conceiling a secret that has to do with one of his most dangerous and deadly enemies for imaginary personal gain! She's wise enough to know lying is no foundation for any real feelings. If Oliver ends up detesting her, so be it, but I also liked that she trusted the person Oliver is enough, she knew her friend enough to believe he wouldn't turn against her for telling him something that is true and in his own interests to know.
More +
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I'm really indifferent at Felicity for what she did. If she suffers or not, it won't bother be. I'm glad Moira finally got her comeuppance. She has been dodging that bullet for far too long. Once Malcolm Merlyn saved her from prison and demanded that she reveal he was the father, and she instead chose to send him running I have been waiting for this to occur. As for how Oliver reacted, I can see that as a believable reaction. She hasn't been completely honest; this technically means she betrayed his father years ago; she allowed for her second husband to be held against his will.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I dislike Laurell more then ever. Now I can see that she's been jealous of her sister for her entire life. Hope that she gets marginalized or kicked off the show.

I agree with Felicity telling Oliver because a good person tells the true no matter what and Felicity is a good person. I disliked that she was snooping into other people (Moira) business although that was because Walter asked her to do it.

As for Nissa, I hope to see many more episodes with her. Her role in Spartacus was outstanding.

I hope that Moira gets what she deserves and if she goes after Felicity, I hope that she will see her son and the Arrow at the end of that road.
Moira Queen, you have failed the city and your family and she should be punished for it.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Sounds like the OP Really Needs to Watch Spartacus!!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Wow! I disagree with just about everything in this post.

1. Yes, I'm happy Laurel called Sara out on being selfish in running off with Oliver. It was dishonest and hurtful, a petty response to Laurel's haughty disapproval and what seem to be real feelings for Oliver. It may be a realistic human response, but it's also myopic for Laurel to dismiss Sara's traumatic experience. Both Sara and Oliver could easily be diagnosed with PTSD and are both still dealing with the guilt they have about the things they did to survive. Laurel continues to deflect responsibility for everything. Her life would be different, perhaps but not necessarily better, if Sara hadn't run off with Oliver, but not everything is Sara's fault.

2. I'm entirely on board with Felicity's decision to tell Oliver. There are secrets you have a right to keep and there are secrets you don't. Moira Queen is a self-centered, self-interested mother who continues to refuse to own up to her mistakes. She does not tell Oliver the truth about Thea's father to drive a wedge between he and his mother, though she suspects it would. In fact, Felicity believes he will blame her as well. She risks her own friendship so that her friend can know the truth he deserves to know.

6. Moira Queen needs to sleep in the bed she makes. Her threats to Felicity were unacceptable, and she should have taken the opportunity Felicity gave her to tell Oliver and Thea herself.

7. Pre-wreck Oliver was a deceitful cheater. Post-island Oliver may have had sex with a few women over the course of two years—three, by my memory-count—but he does not lie to them or mislead them. Laurel ended their relationship last season/early this season before spiraling out herself. He and Isabel were always two lonely people with more in common than they expected having a fun fling. There were no misunderstandings between them about what they were. And Sara Lance may be the one person on the planet who can sincerely relate to Oliver's conflicted sense of guilt and obligation. They're both too broken to make a real go of it, but they make sense as lovers, and in many ways, they're the only ones they can each be themselves with. It is, above all, honest. Felicity has a crush on who she thinks Oliver is, and it's a lot rosier than he actually is. Oliver genuinely cares for her, but only as a friend, and beyond a little light flirtation early on, he's not "led her on" as far as I can see. He's protective of her, and judging from his reaction to Barry Allen earlier this season, more than he maybe anticipated, but it's not a lie.

Speaking of Felicity, he's not choosing her over his mother. (And, coincidentally, I find your casual use of the designation "ho" more offensive than any of Oliver's actions.) Moira screwed herself. Had Diggle been the one to tell Oliver, the result would be the same. It's not about choosing a friend over family, it's about making family responsible for what they do and don't do. Being his mother just makes her betrayal more painful and cutting.
More+
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
The huge problem with recent episodes is the obvious late change of story.

Nothing, not a single thing in the earlier episodes pointed to Oliver knowlng Sarah was alive, even private conversation with those he trusted with his dual identity.

Then we are supposed to believe he spent quite a while with her, and not only knew she was alive but knew what she had become.

I personally just find this new direction very odd, very out of place. Next will we discover, our of the blue that Laurel has spider sense or something?

I like this show, but less with the introduction of the Sarah story.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Did you miss the entire episode where Sara came back?!? Season 1 Episode 4 is when we find out that Sara is alive and is the Black Canary, she actually makes an appearance in the previous episode also. This storyline has been coming since then.
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
Now I'm confused. Will re-watch that. Perhaps I did miss it......

I just remember the endless (not from a negative point of view) blame from Lance about Sarah where Oliver showed no signs (to us) of knowing she was alive.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Come On!! How dare you ?! Anyone but Felicity :P
Why she needs to hide that secret when we all know that -sooner or later- Oliver gonna know it !!!
I disagree with you , she spares us to drag this story plot for much longer when we all know that Oliver gonna confronts his Mommy !!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I think the bigger issue here is why, after everything that happened, Oliver of all people would be so disgusted by it. It felt really out of character to me.

If anyone would understand the need to protect Thea, it would be him. The whole 'we are finished' is so obviously not going to last and too much drama for drama's sake.

A more intelligent route, based on all we know about Oliver's journey so far, would have been his acceptance of it and continuing desire to not let Thea know, to the surprise of his mother (because she doesn't actually know him that well at all). Instead, we got the reaction of a brat, from a character we are supposed to believe is long past that.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
He just expecting that she would be honest with him .
Am really waiting for the moment when he knows that Malcolm is alive and she know it :/
Flag
Feb 12, 2014
But why would she tell need to tell him? She doesn't know he's the Arrow, so she doesn't know Malcom's his rival.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I don't know if you all have seen Sara's "sonic scream" while pursuing Nyssa Al Ghul in the van together with Arrow on the motorcycle? This means Sara's already Black Canary!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I thought I read somewhere that Laurel will eventually become the Black Canary and the writers have to work to get her to that stage. You could be right as well...
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
The introduction of Sara was to start the large arc about the black canary and would eventually lead to Laurel becoming the canary. However, seeing how they are writing the story, its a good possibility that Sara will stay as the canary or they could always stick to their original plan and somehow lead to Laurel becoming the canary. I don't think they expected fans to love Sara as much as they do. Who wouldn't love her tho, Caity Lotz is a fantastic actress and her portrayal of Sara has been excellent so far.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I understand Oliver's outburst with Moira, though I hope he will thaw fairly quickly when he realizes how hypocritical he is being. The advice Moira should have heeded was , "It's not the crime, its the cover-up." Oliver is sick of his mother's lies, he is sick of not knowing whether or not to trust her. If she had just confessed the truth to Oliver and Thea at the trial I think they could have understood and forgiven her eventually. I think Moira's intentions were good, she didn't want to face her parentage and she didn't want to make Oliver hide things from Thea. Oliver should be more sympathetic, given all that he's kept from Moira and Thea to "protect them". She's ultimately wrong to keep the secret, just like Oliver is wrong to keep his secret from Thea and Moira, because when you kept people in the dark, they can't protect themselves. I'm sure Oliver's secret will put both his mother and sister in jeopardy by the end of the season and Oliver will learn this lesson.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I like Lance, but I still love Felicity and now way I want to see her end up with Oliver. She's the best but follows Oliver too damn much. Laurel otherwise is stubborn enough to set Oliver straight. Roy needs to die, Thea deserves better. And Detective Lance can die too he isn't fitting in the story anymore. Sara meanwhile is a good addition to Team Arrow till Laurel becomes Black Canary, then she could be a recurring character and run off to Nanda Parbat with her Nyssa-al-ghul.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I disagree completely on Felicity part.
Actually i loved he told oliver the truth without any delay . it was totally unexpected.
Any other show on tv would have made felicity keep it secret and then leaking them out later to oliver via some other way leading to oliver hating felicity and her mother and then i would have to suffer 2-3 episodes felicity try to explain and oliver saying i dont trust u anymore everytime he see her.
that happens in every other tv show and i am sick of that usual drama its so predictable.
So when moira threatened felicity , i was like oh come on not again , But then felicity told oliver knowing it could lead oliver to hate her , so it was self less, coz oliver deserves the truth. and it better came from felicity then anyone else , or it would have badly damaged felicity and oliver relationship.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I agree with you. Felicity wasn't being noisy snooping on Moira, she was being justifiably cautious. When she discovered Moira's secret she could not keep that information to herself. While it is true that Oliver didn't NEED to have this information (at least from her perspective because she think Malcolm is dead) Felicity did need to tell him. What Oliver needs more than anything is to know he can trust his partners, that they will always be honest with him. For her to have that secret and not tell him would betray that trust. Felicity gave Moira the chance to come clean, Moira was the one who choose not to take it.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Ah, I see what you are saying. It is true that he can't trust anyone. This comment makes me a LITTLE bit more understand to Felicity because I was so mad when she told Oliver that I could not think straight. Ha.
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
I would have been that mad if she didn't tell him. I was yelling at the TV saying Tell Him! It was the only thing a good friend could do.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
He has already been with both Lance sisters.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Felicity was right. They are in the middle of this huge campain and Oliver must know such dangerous secrets - any journalist could discover it, too - and hurt him and his sister more.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
1. I agree with the Laurel point. I think the writers are secretly doing a black canary origin story (in my mind Sara is going to die... sorry) and Laurel will become what the comics say she is going to be.
2. I think Felicity was right to tell Oliver because she's a part of both worlds and with Malcolm Merlyn (Dark Archer) being involved (not to mention all the other crap his Mum's pulled!) he needs to know that there is a potential connection that could bite him in the arse down the line.
3.I think Sara taking the poison was the right thing to do from a story perspective. She wanted to get the league off of her family without them being hurt and to her that was it. It wouldn't have hurt Laurel so bad if she had died (parent's are a different story) because Laurel would/could be left with the belief that Sara died on the boat.
4. Dunno what to say to this. Slade clearly has a grudge because of Shado (unless a future story tells us otherwise)
5. I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that Nyssa wlll be back. Can't be bothered to find source though.
6. Whilst I would like to see that story followed through, refer to 2 for counter.
7. I think that Oliver telling his Mum where to go was the right play. They were supposed (in his mind) to be completely open since the trial etc. and he's found out yet another thing she's lied about. As for the 'Is Oliver going to hook -up with every girl in this show that he is not related to' thing I say no. He made moves on Laurel when he thought Sara was dead. Now she's back things have gotten complicated....... I'm gonna have to think on this and get back to you.

Apologies (and kudos) for getting this far as it's a lengthy post but I found myself disagreeing almost immediately and much like the author I wanted to get it out of my system.

PEACE!
More+
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
The only thing I agree on is the appearance of slade he is a glorious character and make a perfect villain. For me laurel has put her self in the situation she is in she has the support around her to pull her out of this dark place she's in but keeps pushing them away, I didn't expect her to be all Sara Sara I missed you there is a lot of hate there that she needs to work through. Oliver has had to adapt and change to the circumstances around him and Sara shared a lot with him so it's ok for him to be with her considering she can take care of her self and doesn't need to worry the same about the others. Felicity did the right thing in telling Ollie since he got back his mum has lied to him constantly and hasn't been someone he can recognise as trustworthy so he had every right to be hurt and to finally have enough Merlin is responsible for a lot of hurt for him.
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Don't agree on several things.

Starting with Oliver. He's not immature considering. He came home to a civilized place after being on an island riddled with killers for 5 years and is expected to just adapt and not try to find his place again after having changed? No wonder he can't just make his mind up when people all around him have changed and some pop back up from exile or from being dead (referring to Sara).

Laurel as well. Yes, she is going through a lot but let's remember the fact that she's placed herself exactly where she is and she keeps making the situation worse. Doing drugs and drinking wasn't a big deal but she's plain annoying about it. I disagree on the fact that Sara had it coming (Laurel's reaction) mainly because whatever happened to Sara is still shrouded in mystery. We don't know everything and Laurel expects Sara to just call? Just call?! Really... She became an assassin for a reason. Something happened that made Oliver think she was dead and she spent a big part of her life in darkness that we don't really know much about. I have to say that Laurel's naiveté is outrageously tedious. If she wants to know something she shan't presume, she should ask.

Oh, Felicity how I love thee. However could you bash on her for telling Oliver? Now the only thing I didn't like about what she did was looking into Moira in the first place but under the circumstances from last season I see why. Telling Moira first was a curtesy because Oliver is entitled to know. Why? Because last time Moira kept a secret, the Glades suffered for it and not to mention that if someone else knows and tries to use it against them like e.g. Merlyn returning, or someone doing what Felicity did, then Oliver won't know why Thea or his family is a target.

Agree on all accounts regarding Slade and Diggle, just hoping Slade is featured more in his Deathstroke outfit and that we see some more Diggle in action/Roy in training soon.
More+
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Well written !! but I am not sure I agree with your hate towards Felicity. She is loyal to Oliver, so there you go. Laurel had becomes a stiff doll, so it is good to see her as a person that has emotions.
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Felicity cannot hide things from Oliver, that is why she told him. I don't think it was for any selfish reason to keep Oliver to herself. She does not think she OWNS Oliver in the first place.

If you read Noel's review, he already told us Nyssa Al Ghul will be back again sometime this season.

Just curious, my guess is you are a very young viewer.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
There's no reason at all to point out someone's age here. Community posts can be created by all and while you're allowed to be critical of a post, we ask that you focus only on the writing. Thanks.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I am not trying to be critical of anything. I am just curious because I feel she sound like a young person. I just wanted to confirm. I got nothing against youth :-)
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Everyone on this show is hiding something. I guess it is nice that she cannot hide anything from him (loyalty or whatever), but I just feel like it was not her place to tell him at all. It is family business. And, yes I am a young twenty. If you don't mind my asking, what did that have to do with anything?
Flag
Feb 10, 2014
Its great to see how passionate fans are about this show. Its a testament to the show bringing us quality television every week :)! I hope this show continues on for more seasons as long as the story comes organically. It seems like they writers have planned things well and have created a number of different plot points allowing the show to take plenty of different directions as it progresses. If only DC's cinematic universe could do the same!
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
I am just curious because from your writing, I feel you are young. I just wanted to confirm. I got nothing against youth :-)
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Great post! We added some images and promoted it to the homepage for you.
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
:( thumbs down
Flag
Feb 09, 2014
Thumbs down?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 7:00 pm
    NFL Football Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders
    CBS